Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

rwcarter

Jamil,

Welcome aboard! I used the Robin Wood for many years and quite enjoyed it. Even though I'm pretty familiar with it, I think that even >> I << would benefit from an IDS with it.

Please keep us up-to-date with your progress.

Rodney

easternsunrise

Well, I'm planning on studying the rest of the majors in the Llewellyn Tarot. I had planned on being done by now but still have about 1/2 left. I hope to be done by the end of this month. I plan on sticking with my same plan of doing daily readings, journaling daily and working on studying the rest of the majors. I have been a bit crytical of myself lately because I have not been studying 1 major card every day, but some days are just too busy. I have been good about my daily readings and journaling though. I just need to give myself a break I think. So on to a new month!:rolleyes:

Jamil

rwcarter said:
Jamil,

Welcome aboard! I used the Robin Wood for many years and quite enjoyed it. Even though I'm pretty familiar with it, I think that even >> I << would benefit from an IDS with it.

Thanks!

rwcarter said:
Please keep us up-to-date with your progress.

Rodney

I will - if there's progress... Heck, even if there's not progress, I'll come here to complain ;)

rwcarter

Jamil said:
I will - if there's progress... Heck, even if there's not progress, I'll come here to complain ;)
That's what this thread is for. The good, the bad and the ugly. :D

Rodney

Hooked on TdM

Welcome to everyone new that has joined! I'm still trying to catch up here.

I haven't got much of anything done with my IDS lately. Last night I did two spur of the moment readings for my brother's girlfriend. It was interesting because my eyes keep trying to close! We stayed up way too late! LOL

Tonight I'm planning on pampering myself with Tarot. It's been a busy week with family visiting and other things going on and I'm looking forward to some quality time with myself and my tarot!

Hope you all are well and kicking with your IDS! If I keep going at this snails pace someone will have to kick me in the rear to get me going again! LOL

Hooked

Alamaris

I'm baaack!

I've spent the time since my last failed IDS to consider what I really wanted out of the tarot practice. One day, on a whim, I clicked the Marseilles sub-forum... and there it was. A clean, blank slate to paint on. I've been studying the Marseilles for a few weeks now, and finally decided to make it official.

My Pledge: To study the Marseilles tradition until at least December 31st. I can use either of my Marseilles decks, the Hadar or the Visconti, but I will try to focus most of my energy on the Hadar for now.

I Will:

* Use other decks once in a while to avoid burnout. This means I'm limiting my decks to a scant few, however...for example, I can play with the Halloween Tarot in late October.
* Journal frequently; this means studying each card individually and writing down at least the cards and positions in spreads.
* Attempt to do a reading, at least three cards, once a week.
* Be able to perform readings for friends (and hopefully on the Exchange Forum) by early December.

I Will Not:

* Buy any new decks unless they've been on my wishlist for at least one month.
* Use another deck simply because I'm frustrated with the Marseilles.
* Go more than 24 hours without shuffling the cards, barring horrifying personal crises.

I've been having trouble reading RWS-like decks these last few months, so I'm excited to go "back to basics", as it were. I have some trepidation, seeing as my last few attempts at an IDS blew up in my face, but the best thing to do is get back on the horse.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread even after I dropped out of the last round, so I can safely say I'm glad to join the ranks of TDM-studiers in here. :D

Disa

Welcome Jamil!

Welcome back Alamaris!

Good luck you two.

Hooked on TdM

Welcome back Alamaris!

Another TdM'er! We are becoming quite the group on the go here! :)

Hooked

rwcarter

Both Alamaris and Sravana have gone over to the dark side. WTF?!?!?!?!?!.... (JK :laugh:) Almost makes me wanna investigate this Marseilles thang, but I'm having such good results with my AET that I'm not ready to give it up yet. One day though....

[size=+2]Welcome back Alamaris!!!!![/size] I guess I know what this means for the Lazy Afternoon Tarot....

Rodney

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
Both Alamaris and Sravana have gone over to the dark side. WTF?!?!?!?!?!.... (JK :laugh:) Almost makes me wanna investigate this Marseilles thang, but I'm having such good results with my AET that I'm not ready to give it up yet. One day though....

[size=+2]Welcome back Alamaris!!!!![/size] I guess I know what this means for the Lazy Afternoon Tarot....

Rodney
lol Rodney... the dark side is caaaaallling youuuuuu
;) Seriously, you should give it a look sometime. Like Alamaris, I just popped over there one day, and it was all OVER for me. Pips rule!

Alamaris, great choice with the Hadar! :) Highly recommended and all that.
Which threads in the TdM forum are you looking at? A lot of people read TdM using EE's methods, but I'm working with the very detailed (and fun!) Melanchollic methods. :)