Touchstone Tarot~Ace of Swords

minrice

I hope you don't mind AIO, but I know you mentioned starting the Ace of Swords! I thought I would go ahead and get it started.

The angel here looks like she is offering the sword to the querant, as though she knows you have the skill and strength to take it up. The mountain in the background feels like the journey has just started and there is a long way to go. The dark clouds in the sky feels like the path of the Swords isn't going to be an easy one.

Any thoughts on the tiger in this card? I love how this deck has so many animals!

stargazer

Maybe the tiger represents strength of will, and of mind over mater.
I like how the sword she is holding seems to leap out at you from the card.
It’s as if she’s saying, “Here, it’s yours for the taking!”

BodhiSeed

I too love how the angel seems to be offering the sword. It is a gift of justice and truth, communication and ideas. A lot of power and passion is in this card with the tiger present, but the crown on the tip of my sword reminds me that I need to make right use of this power. It's not an ego thing, but should be used for the good of all.

All Is One

I love the gold of her robe. Yellow is the traditional color for the element of air, and Swords are air. The butterfly on this card is also yellow. Even though Kat told us who this card was inspired by (Leisa Ruffalo) the minute I saw it I thought "That looks like me!" There is a strong resemblance...

This is the card I have used as my own personal card since the early nineties, when I was able to rise up from the ashes of a terrible marriage and recreate myself over the period of several years with the help of the power of the Ace of Swords. I used the help of some books and tarot.

Several years after that I had the Thoth Ace of Swords tattooed on my left calf to continually invoke the attributes that this card represents. Victory over self, mental determination, strength of will. I didn't add the crown, but I know it's there.

minrice

bodhran said:
but the crown on the tip of my sword reminds me that I need to make right use of this power. It's not an ego thing, but should be used for the good of all.

Yes, great power yields great responsibility and all that jazz :) This angel is very dignified.

All Is One

I love the gentleness of her face, so calm, and yet the position of her body, and the proximity of the tiger, who is looking at her with what seems to be respect and love, make an interesting juxtaposition to the sword held out.

I get the sense that if you ever dared mess with her, the serene calm we see in the card would instantly give way to a fierceness that one can only imagine. Nothing cruel, or wantonly destructive. There would be no malice. Just an absolute and unwavering singularity of purpose in her as she took care of business.

In other words, this angel is no one to take lightly.

morticia monroe

The power of the mind, and the ability to master any situation through the use of it.

But the first step, mastering thyself, is the hardest. The challenge is yours.