Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

SolSionnach

missycab said:
Ohhh... yes, you're right. I always confuse: west/ east, right/left. so I can say: turn left, and I mean "turn right".
OMG I do the exact same thing. I'll gesture to the left, and say "right". Confuses the heck out of people!

Time to draw my CoD, and then ONWARD.

sapienza

Just popping in to say I'm finishing up my IDS with the Thoth. I've been working with it pretty much exclusively for quite awhile now and although I'm still planning to continue my Thoth studies, I also feel ready to work with other decks as well and do some 'comparative tarot'.

Best wishes to all who are continuing their IDS's :)

SolSionnach

I have bailed on my Vieville IDS for now - I'm sure that I'll go back and study it again eventually. Right now I'm working with Hadar TdM and Cosmic (for fun! wow! scenic pips!) lol

Hope everyone in the US has a great holiday. :) Looks like rain here. :(

thorhammer

Hello, peeps! I am just dropping in to say that Rodney, the IDS juggernaut, will be handling all IDS administrative duties henceforth :D I've lost track of the list, but will do my best to update it and if Rodney wants to post a list, I'll link it into my OP.

I've been "intensively" studying the Thoth, and getting absolutely nowhere *sigh* but I've been using other decks in and around that. That's something I don't want to change, because I'm really enjoying my Faerie, Ancestral Path, MerryDay and Dark Grimoire decks right now, and looking forward to delving into a few others that have lain dormant since March :bugeyed: What else is the collection for, otherwise :D?

Thanks for the great ride, I might hop on again in a while :)

:heart:

\m/ Kat

rwcarter

Gang,

Below is the current list of IDSers as best I can tell. If I've missed someone or have the wrong deck listed for you, please let me know through PM or here in the thread. Some people are MIA, so I'm not sure if they're still IDSing or not.

Although I didn't think it was necessary, I'm actually studying the Transparent Tarot, so I've added myself back to the list. The Limited Editions of both the Legacy of the Divine and the Silicon Dawn Tarot are (in the process of being) on their way to me. And as much as both decks cost, I'm going to play with them when they arrive. Other than that I don't have any pledges for this IDS.

Current list of IDSers and Decks:
2_Journey - Tarot of the Four Elements
Alamaris – Hadar + Visconti
Allure - Songs for the Journey Home
arcana17 - Thoth
cronesayer - Whispering Tarot
crystal09 - Quest
DreamWalker - Inner Child Cards
easternsunrise - Llewellyn
Emily - Liber T/Lenormands
Faolainn Storm - Arthurian Tarot Hallowquest
Hemera - Legacy of the Divine
hshaffery - Tarot of the Magical Forest
Jamil - Robin Wood
jema - Tarot of the Spirit
Jyscal - Rider Waite and Angel Oracle
Kilted Kat - Hadar
Mariana - Anna K
Mateo - Hanson Roberts
MistressNatasha – Gilded
Nina – Robin Wood
NoelleNoey - Mystic Faerie
Onyx - Initiatory Tarot of the Golden Dawn
PolarBear - Llewellyn Tarot (continuing)
Prism – Medieval Enchantment
Promise – Touchstone?
Quantum James - Liber T
quiet0ne - Victorian Romantic + Osho Zen
rwcarter – Transparent Tarot
Skydancer - Voyager (trimmed)
sravana – Shining Woman/Tribe
Sunemi - Victorian Romantic
sweet_intuition - Tarot of Dreams
teomat - Halloween
vee - DruidCraft
vhrsn - Voyager Tarot

SolSionnach

Hi Rodney, change me to: Hadar (once again, continuing)
It does feel like coming home to an old friend...

Hedera

Still exclusively using my Fantastic Menagerie; it's been about a month now.

But today, I find myself craving other decks BAD, for the first time (there have been some fleeting longings, but nothing nearly as bad as this!).

Two more months to go...

rwcarter

Hedera,

The IDS should be fun, not a test of endurance. Maybe allow yourself an hour or two to play with one other deck and then back to the Fantastic Menagerie? Or maybe even take out five decks and just flip through each deck once or twice and then put them all away. That way you satisfy your craving but don't derail your IDS.

Rodney

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
Hedera,

The IDS should be fun, not a test of endurance. Maybe allow yourself an hour or two to play with one other deck and then back to the Fantastic Menagerie? Or maybe even take out five decks and just flip through each deck once or twice and then put them all away. That way you satisfy your craving but don't derail your IDS.

Rodney
That's exactly what I did - I let myself play (and still do) with other decks when the craving struck. Giving myself that option actually made the cravings less!

Onyx

sravana said:
That's exactly what I did - I let myself play (and still do) with other decks when the craving struck. Giving myself that option actually made the cravings less!

This is true and I have found that I have actually allowed myself to indulge every now and then to help keep me focused.

As I continue to use nonscenic pips mainly in my readings for others I am able to take what I learn from the approaches from other decks to amplify my understanding.

My current and remaining diversion is the Mona Lisa Tarot. I continue to use it like I use my nonscenic pip decks to expand my tarot horizons and find that I am really rigid in some cases. Always a good thing to learn your limitations and weaknesses.

Onyx.