Transparent Tarot - Magician, Empress, Lovers and Hermit

flying black kat

My Avatar - Magician, Empress, Lovers and Hermit

My avatar from the Transparent Tarot is a combination of 4 cards from the Major Arcane. The 1st card is the Magician, top (#1), the 2nd card is the Empress (#3), the 3rd card is the Lovers (#6), and the last card on the bottom is the Hermit (#9).

I chose these cards because these cards represent me the most.

The Magician is a red and white dragon with interwoven tails. This card reminds me of the beginning and the end, alpha and omega, looking at oneself deep in the hidden reaches of the soul, the practice of going on with strength, determination and conviction. The ability to fail and yet following the path you have chosen, if not in the way you imagined, but in the way that works for you. I also am in to dragons.

The Empress I chose because of the beauty of the Earth Mother, even though sometimes there is darkness, storms, and the uncertainty of what is going to come next in our daily lives. The ability to feel her through your hands and feet, to hear the inner pulse of all the different forms of life that we share her with. The ability to sit upon her breast, and receive healing, subsistence, and the on going ebb and flow of life. Seeing the sun rise, walking through her streams, gazing at the oceans that encircle us, looking up to see the designs that flow across the sky that inspire me to continue to dream. I love to stand upon her and feel myself become a tree with roots that run deep into all that is. I reach my arms up to the sky and become those branches of the tree that receives its subsistence not only from the rain of the sky, but the nutrients in the ground itself. The flower reminds me of the constancy of the cycles of life, death, and rebirth.

The Lovers is my soul card for this life time. I always put the symbol of the heart on the pieces I create (UR (Heart symbol) D™ Means You Are Loved™). The Yin & Yang symbol remind me to always try and keep my self balanced, which is sometime very hard to do... and of private things.

The Hermit I chose because of the mountains and the multi-faceted shining light, the reaching up to the heavens when I am a tree. The flow of energy from the top to the of the purple mountain (Hermit) through the Heart and Yin & Yang (Lovers) and down to the bottom of the smaller hills and valleys of the earth to the ground itself to the bottom of the Empress with the Lovers in-between. The color purple reminds me to aspire to be the best that I can be. (Also because in life I am more of a hermit and my last name in Italian means “Holy Mountain”.)

Kathy

Attachments

• Daily Draws - Avatar 351 x 480.jpg
    Daily Draws - Avatar 351 x 480.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 319

rwcarter

fbk,

I also love dragons and have every dragon-related tarot deck that I'm aware of! My Chinese zodiac symbol is also the dragon.

I like your take on the Magician! The two dragons become a mirror of one another - beginning vs end, alpha vs omega and outward vs inward manifestations of self. That hadn't occurred to me (yet! and maybe never until you wrote it.... ;) )

The layering of the Magician with the Lovers removes any hint of discord between the two dragons. Each dragon appears to be holding onto one half of the yin/yang symbol, reinforcing their unity and balance. At worst the dragons represent the Bickersons, who may argue tooth and nail but at the end of the day love one another deeply.

Your descriptions of the Empress and Hermit are both beautiful. Layered together the two cards suggest being grounded but being able to reach to the skies and beyond.

And when you layer the Lovers and Magician on top of that image, I can see a love that's grounded in the here and now but that also transcends it, two people who are soul mates and who have interacted time and again through the ages.

Your avatar is truly a beautiful image. And the things it says to me are specific to the imagery of this deck. I can't think of any other deck where those four cards (Magician, Empress, Lovers and Hermit) would evoke the same mood. In most other decks, I would see the Lovers and Hermit as being mutually exclusive, not melding together as well as they do in this deck.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful avatar and what it means to you!

Rodney

flying black kat

Dearest Rodney:

I thank you so much. You have made me cry. Your beautiful sweet words were the best thing to happen to me today. I was so afraid that my explainations were silly and trite. I agree with Mi-Shell "The more I know, I know that I know NOTHING!"

In the Chinese zodiac I am a rat.

Thank You Rodney.

Have a fantastic night and a light filled tomorrow.

May the best of your yesterdays, be the worst of your tomorrows." From the movie the "Long Kiss Goodnight"

Be at Peace

Kathy