A new de-enabling thread

magpie9

I got this wonderful magnifying glass at Barns & Nobles. it's a half-round with 5x magnification. I got it for the spiral, and found that it does wonders with pearls of wisdom, and other small busy decks. You just lay it on the card and it draws in the ambient light and ILLUMINATES like mad.
I wish it worked for my whole life. Or maybe I could glue it on my forehead, for a 3rd eye.

Don't buy bigger decks, buy better magnification!

SolSionnach

gregory said:
Eat chocolate.... :D

:bugeyed: I have just discovered that there were 8 wooden Kashmiris created. This makes it SLIGHTLY more possible. :D DAMN.

Pass the carrots.

Eek some more - another site says 22.... MAN they are beautiful..... Look !

This is all your fault, Sophos. I would never have looked it up.... I just wanted to know where they ARE, so I can look at a REAL one..... I think at least I know now one place where I can do so....
Dammit, Gregory - I had no idea that the regular Kashmiri was still available! Only 500 Euros!

:bugeyed:

Okay, after I win the "MegaMillions" Texas state lottery, I'll buy the regular K for myself. And if I have enough left over after taking care of business, I'll find one of those damned wooden ones and buy it for GREGORY! There. You can keep it for me. :)

I need a bit of OOP-OMG-MUST HAVE de-enabling.
Evidently the Thoth is going OOP or something, perhaps due to an OTO/O.T.O. or a USGames/AGMuller dispute.

I have a small, older copy of the Thoth, but about a year ago I sold my large-size AGM? version. I kept my smaller version (which isn't even on the Tarot Garden Thoth comparison page) because it was my *very* *first* tarot deck. Now I hear that the "new" Thoth is very disappointing, and I'm thinking that I need to get another copy of the "old" Thoth while I still can.

Here's the thing: I don't like the Thoth - I don't use it, and there are very few cards that weren't vastly improved by Negrini/Serio with Liber T. I was going to do my IDS with both decks, but after looking at my Thoth I thought 'no way!'... but I'm still thinking that I need to get a large Thoth. HELP!

Promise

You don't need the Thoth. If you have the Liber T, why?

Why why why why why?

Save money. Buy poodle food.

Or better yet, walk the poodle and then you'll have no time to worry over the Thoth.

fairyhedgehog

sravana said:
Here's the thing: I don't like the Thoth - I don't use it, and there are very few cards that weren't vastly improved by Negrini/Serio with Liber T. I was going to do my IDS with both decks, but after looking at my Thoth I thought 'no way!'

How much more de-enabling do you need than you've already provided? You said it yourself: you don't like it, you don't use it, and there's a better deck than this one anyway.

It may be going OOP, but then it's such a staple that it'll probably be printed again in the future. You've got one copy just in case you need it but why do you need a deck that you really don't like?

Don't do it!

magpie9

sravana said:
Here's the thing: I don't like the Thoth - I don't use it, and there are very few cards that weren't vastly improved by Negrini/Serio with Liber T. I was going to do my IDS with both decks, but after looking at my Thoth I thought 'no way!'... but I'm still thinking that I need to get a large Thoth. HELP!

Buy a magnifying glass. Life is too short to waste it on buying decks you don't like.

gregory

magpie9 said:
Alan Rickman would never want you to strain your eyes with all they busyness.
He wants all your eyes to be just for him. Are you going to risk disappointing him over some silly deck re-issue? I think not!
Exactly what he said when I phoned him (lovely gravelly voice yum.....) :D

That is not the best photo of the lovely creature, mind. I rather like this one myself.....

I must say - I didn't think the Kashmir WAS still available to buy..... I think that info may be out of date - cheer up !

magpie9

We should be so lucky that the Thoth actually goes OOP.:rolleyes: It's UGLY and has a bad attitude and thinks it's a Star and is rude to the "little" decks around it.
Just last week I saw it pick on a Nova to the point of tears. :bugeyed:

Luckily, a Druidcraft strolled by just then and comforted that poor little Nova and ran the Thoth (a purple one) off.

SolSionnach

Promise said:
You don't need the Thoth. If you have the Liber T, why?

Why why why why why?

Save money. Buy poodle food.

Or better yet, walk the poodle and then you'll have no time to worry over the Thoth.
Great idea! In fact, it's lovely outside right now - 70 F and sunshine. I think we both deserve some time in the sun.
fairyhedgehog said:
How much more de-enabling do you need than you've already provided? ... but why do you need a deck that you really don't like?
See here, the problem is that I vary in what decks I like. I'm as inconstant as the weather - one moment I'm swooning over "X" deck, three months later I'm like "WTF did I ever see in that one?" because I'm now in love with "Y". Not quite like bipolar disorder... but I could imagine the day when I wish I had the large size again, with the great quality that it had before.
magpie9 said:
Buy a magnifying glass. Life is too short to waste it on buying decks you don't like.
LOL Now, *that* was blunt!
magpie9 said:
We should be so lucky that the Thoth actually goes OOP.:rolleyes: It's UGLY and has a bad attitude and thinks it's a Star and is rude to the "little" decks around it.

Luckily, a Druidcraft strolled by just then and comforted that poor little Nova and ran the Thoth (a purple one) off.
:bugeyed:

Do you think I should make sure that I don't store my Thoth next to the Ukiyoe??? I can't imagine which of my decks has the cojones (balls, en espanol) to stand up to it. Liber T, for sure, maybe the 1JJ... but most of my decks are pretty polite. :bugeyed:

vger

magpie9 said:
But but but... my beloved Thoth never picks on the other decks. Or perhaps it does it when I'm not around to see it and just looks innocent when I'm around? :bugeyed:

But what happens when I need a replacement for my Thoth that has worn out if it's OOP?

Oh. But you people should seriously try to talk me out of the Quantum Tarot. I've recently began obsessing about it, as it perfectly combines my two interests (or obsessions), tarot and modern physics. Help!

gregory

vger said:
But but but... my beloved Thoth never picks on the other decks. Or perhaps it does it when I'm not around to see it and just looks innocent when I'm around? :bugeyed:

But what happens when I need a replacement for my Thoth that has worn out if it's OOP?
Your other decks will feel safe and loved at last. Not that it is capable of wearing out. Bad things have a way of lasting. Look how well bullies get along in the playground. OK they have no friends - but they have everyone else's chocolate, bus money etc.....

Oh. But you people should seriously try to talk me out of the Quantum Tarot. I've recently began obsessing about it, as it perfectly combines my two interests (or obsessions), tarot and modern physics. Help!
Modern physics has no place in tarot. Where is the mystery, the absolute impossibility of proof that we get with tarot. Where the symbolism ? Quantums are just there. They don't get symbolic or magickal or anything.

And can you see yourself reading with a 4 of - well, anything - that looks exactly like temperance - loads of swirly bits with glitter.... how do you tell which is which ?

Actually I don't understand any of this - which is another good reason not to get it. It makes no sense. It just fries your brain.

*gregory goes away for ice cubes, feeling a bit overblown here*