A new de-enabling thread

Manda

Soprafino

Um, folks - you are are wonderful (and often hilarious) people, and reading this thread is one of the first places I stop at AT.

However... I had to have the Soprafino. And the kindly gentlemen that sold it to me on ebay did not help matters by getting it to me in literally like one day.

The cards sit before me, and I am nearly trembling from the deep awe and adoration I have for them. I might love them. Really and truly. So thank you for your efforts, but this time I had to do it, with no regrets. Mine seem to have zero lamination, and they are cut unevenly, with sharp corners, and it is not my usual style of deck, but none of those things even matter to me.

Now, off to trading, slightly used CGI decks in tow...

nisaba

Manda said:
However... I had to have the Soprafino. And the kindly gentlemen that sold it to me on ebay did not help matters by getting it to me in literally like one day.

The cards sit before me, and I am nearly trembling from the deep awe and adoration I have for them. I might love them. Really and truly. So thank you for your efforts, but this time I had to do it, with no regrets.
<shaking finger> you WILL regret it, mark my words. Time will tell ...

I'll bet you big money the next time someone jumps on here having seen them, you'll the the loudest de-enabler!

thorhammer

Manda - At least you're going with the "one in, one out" philosophy. And don't justify it by saying you just can't stand CGI any more - leave it at that :D I must say, I think I've been de-enabled on the Soprafino by the matter of size.

SIZE DOES MATTER.​
Manda said:
And the kindly gentlemen that sold it to me on ebay did not help matters by getting it to me in literally like one day.
Would that be Bob, AKA carte-karuta? Agreed, lovely man.

\m/ Kat

BrightEye

Le Fanu said:
Correct me if Im wrong but isn´t your avatar taken from the exact deck (Mitelli 1664?) which you asked to be de-enabled from last week?
That's what I thought. I bet she bought it and is in denial!!!

nisaba

Quick - somebody de-enable me on this.

http://www.officeplayground.com/san...CFREhDQodGBzApg

Tell my why it isn't better for professional readings than a nasty plastic noisy timer that really wrecks the mood.

I'm inclining towards thirty minutes, cherry wood, "natural" sand. Tell me why this is a dreadful idea.

Dusk Till Dawn

It's just another thing collecting dust. Besides it would distract during a reading, watching the sand going through, thinking time is up soon. Maybe even falling asleep ....

Alta

I agree, a sand timer on the table would be a real distraction.

Cat*

nisaba said:
Quick - somebody de-enable me on this.
[...]
I'm inclining towards thirty minutes, cherry wood, "natural" sand. Tell me why this is a dreadful idea.
Because, contradictory to the description that says it's "elegant," it really is just chunky. Are you sure you'll notice the exact time the sand is through when you're focused on the reading and client (as you should be)? Are you ready to answer questions like this: "How many minutes equal the amount of sand left? Will it be enough for another question?"

sravana said:
zen clock:

I don't have one, but I've always wanted one.
You want an alarm clock that needs a booklet of 41 pages to explain why it is so great? From a webpage that doesn't even tell you how much they cost? :bugeyed:

Dusk Till Dawn

I saw they cost about 119.90. Wouldn't it be a nice amount to spend on something else? Also is Zen not about having any clutter? That piece would stand around and collect dust. I don't think a ringing Alarm Clock at 5 in the morning is very Zen like...I think I would throw that thing against the wall..