The omen of a wild bird flying in the house

crabpixie

hello everyone :),

I went for a wonderful psychic/spiritual reading today, I came home feeling much more balanced as things were put in to a much better perspective in my life.

When I got home (in such a jolly mood with a skip in my step) I heard a loud thump from the fireplace and the sound of fluttering wings, So I opened the glass shutters and the heat guard that was protecting it and a beautiful dark bird flew out, which on later research I discovered was a "Swift"

It took a while to let the poor frightened little bird out of the house, but I succeeded in the end.

Now heres the worrying part... To me, a bird in the house is an omen of illness, or bad news. I am very superstitious and this has frightened me a little... Can anyone offer their input on this please? :heart:

:TQW

Milfoil

Well, I hope I can put your mind at ease.

I'm not superstitious and if I had just had a positive reading then found a swift (light and fast, flies long distances, makes its home in several places, is beautiful, graceful and a welcome visitor because it rids us of flying insects) in my home and which I then released. That would suggest to me that a beautiful part of me which has the capacity to fly free, be of use to the world and be at home anywhere has just found its freedom!

To back this up I will just mention that my hubby and I run a plumbing business, yesterday one of our engineers went to a house where they complained of what sounded like a bird behind the fire (common here where birds fall down chimneys. They are overcome by the CO fumes from gas fires, fall down the chimney then can't get out. Our engineer went round, took the fire out to discover 12 pidgeons behind the fire, some dead, some alive. I doubt the homeowner will be keeling over 12 times anytime soon and we get calls like this almost every week.

Don't worry, I personally think it is a good omen.

The crowned one

Freeing a bird is a good act and omen. Something repressive has left your life not entered. :)

HearthCricket

I always consider a bird flying into our house (yes usually coming down the chimney or sneaking in the open cellar door when hubby is dumping out the water from the humidifier) is a sign of good luck. A harbringer of news, a visitor, an animal guide (afterall, why your chimney and not the one next door?), and then setting the bird free after being able to hold on to them and actually see them up close. That is a gift!

We have had starlings, grackles, cowbirds, finches, etc. in our house. But my favourite was over the winter, before the holidays. A mockingbird fell in! He had the best manners, flying all over the house without a single accident! He kept perching on pictures on the wall or on the tree or the decorations with fake holly, trying to take it off and eat it! He was hungry! He politely ran around the oriental rug in the kitchen, rather than on it, and we both looked each other over when I finally cornered him in our bedroom! How pretty he was! We had a nice chat and then off I sent him! All summer long they sit on our chimney and sing their repetoire (apparently loving the acoustics) and I felt like he fell in to say goodbye for the winter! Next year I will be more prepared with various berries in the fridge/freezer!

littlestar

I believe it to be a sign of good luck, if the bird flies in and then exists, if the bird was injured or died in the house i'd say that was a sign of bad luck!

Welf

I've never seem a bird who flies in the house as being bad luck. Happens quite regularly here. I live surrounded by bush and my back doors are wide and often open. Seems like I live in a bird flight area.

As far as a bird who flies in and is sick or injured, because most birds I have here are native ones and are protected, I will keep the bird comfortable and call in WIRES which is a voluteer organisation here for rescuing injured and sick birds and animals.

Dead bird in the house? Could be that if you have a cat it has dragged a bird in... Or that the bird has simply 'chosen' or stumbled into your home for a place to die in. Everything has to die somewhere...

Maybe the bird is telling you something, bringing a spirit message? But the best is, being able to set the bird free from you house and see it fly away to freedom...

Welf

The crowned one

I have a bit of time and would like to add to my post. As most are saying there does not seem to be anything overly negative in your experience with the bird on a general level.

News is on the way is often the interpretation of a bird entering ones home. In your case you came home to it and freed it. that is pretty specific. On some level you are releasing something. As it is a swift It may be "news" or "information" as a specific. As a bird I feel it is a good omen and the end of some sort of trap/trappings. I feel the fact that it is a Swift will be key in your understanding the full message.

Swifts can bring back forgotten memories, cultural understanding and learning.

( a bit off topic but they represent the fourth son too)

crabpixie

The crowned one said:
I have a bit of time and would like to add to my post. As most are saying there does not seem to be anything overly negative in your experience with the bird on a general level.

News is on the way is often the interpretation of a bird entering ones home. In your case you came home to it and freed it. that is pretty specific. On some level you are releasing something. As it is a swift It may be "news" or "information" as a specific. As a bird I feel it is a good omen and the end of some sort of trap/trappings. I feel the fact that it is a Swift will be key in your understanding the full message.

Swifts can bring back forgotten memories, cultural understanding and learning.

( a bit off topic but they represent the fourth son too)

Thankyou for your input on this everyone, I certainly wont be throwing salt over my left shoulder anymore ;)

I feel much better knowing that this is in actual fact, a positive sign.. :)

Crowned one... It is odd you should say this, Quote: "the end of some sort of trap/trappings." As that is word for word, what the reader said to me yesterday!!! she also said that I would finally be free from my unpleasant, controlled situation and my life will be joyful from there.

So that beautiful little swift was a good omen after all! :)

thankyou again everyone, your input has helped a silly superstitious crabpixe! :heart:

:TQW