The Medieval Scapini - Ace of Swords

Lady Iron Side

Ace of Swords, is especially interesting for its abundance of symmetrical opposites, The contrasts of White and Black, good and evil, sweet and bitter.

The Sword emblem has "the Crown" of Kether above the "Diadem" of Malkuth.

Suit of Spades - Crown is in circled with.

"Venus"

Ace = Commencement of enmity.

Symbols of the Ace of Swords

Goddess of Victory - Victory, glory, justice, punishment, injustice,

Laurel Crown - worldly success - Air - Flight
Triumph by force, power, authority, loss of power,

Wings - Conquest, release, upliftment, dematerialization, movement away, inspired

Yellow Lightning - Inspiration - (helps us to understand the problems we are dealing with at the time.) Signal - Alerts us of upcoming storm.
Disaster, obstacle, destruction,

Palm fronds - Victory over death - unfolding of spiritual forces -
Accidents,

Yin / Yang - Symbol - balance,

Red and Blue Flames -

Blue flames -Passivity - Truth, peace, calmness, conception, fidelity, seed, conception, fertility
Red flames - Activity - will, desire, passion, courage, action, sperm, impotency

Cain - Holding produce - farmer- Limits obstruction, battles, strife, difficulties

Abel - holding lamb - herdsman- aspirations getting better

Snake - horns - green - wisdom, transforming, spiritual, depravity, regeneration, healing, bruised, jeolousy, prejudice

Clouds - Air - Dark - psychic veil -emotions that have been kept at bay.
Temper, bravery, strength, agressiveness

Bright - upliftment, spirituality,

PS: I am not finished, I have more info in my Journal, this is just to get it started, please bare with me

Parzival

Medieval Scapini -- Ace of Swords

I'm returning to this deck for its lively,colorful art and esoteric depth by way of myriad apt symbols, along with its wit and historic sensibility. It's got a lot going for it. The book written for it is excellent,too (Decker's Art and Arcana). As to the Ace of Swords--it strikes me as showing two ways of thinking: the winged crown at the top of the card is thinking that unifies, that looks to the whole in a non-dividing way. The blade of the sword divides down its center, into two wedge-like sides. Cain and Abel are separated above the hilt, seated on a ledge with yin-yang exactly between-- thinking that separates, that divides parts, polarizes. The snake wrapped around the sword is the power of thought, which can join together or tear apart.