The Medieval Scapini - Color - meanings

Lady Iron Side

Scapini uses these color symbols/meanings through out his deck.

Ronald Decker said:
Wirth was one of several tarotists in Paris who worked with the Tarot de Marseille and, in the 1920's, had a particular interest in color symbolism. Wirth presents the following choices in a diagram

The Astral Light

Red = Spirit
Yellow = body
Blue = Soul
Green = Bodily soul
Purple = Spiritual Soul
Orange = Bodily Spirit

Ronald Decker said:
These meaning descend from Chaldean astrology and Egyptian alchemy. Both figure prominently in Wirth's book.

Purple = assigned to majestic Jupiter - made the patron of Christianity (Wirth's "Spiritual Soul").

Blue = Mercury - the guide of departed souls (Wirth's Soul).

Green = Venus - sacred - patroness of fertility.

Ronald Decker said:
further choices refer to the colors of the given planets

Golden = Sun - intellectual perfection
Siver = Moon - Moral perfection
Reddish = Mars
Black = Saturn

White = purity
Black = death, mystery, delusion, conspiracy

Ronald Decker said:
Wirth consistently used his color symbolism in his trumps. Luigi Scapini is equally faithful to Wirth's preferences. Scapini makes ingenious use of all three authors - Wirth, Levi, and Papus.

Lady Iron Side

Resource (books ) I use to get the meanings of Scapinis symbolism

I am posting up some of the resources I used in figuring out Scapini symbols on each card and colors used, so that I don't have to repeat in every thread I start, stating who and where I got the info from. so I posting it here so I just have to say it once. I don't upset the authors.

Art of Arcana - Ronald Decker
21 ways to read a tarot - Mary K. Greer
Tarot Companion - tracy porter
The Penguin Dictionary of Symbols
The complete tarot reader - Teresa c. Michelsen

and others.

lol use many resources, I own tooo many books. for it took all of them to break down the symbols that Scapini used in his deck.