1-time January Rune Circle? Plus great Rune threads...


> Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Divination



 
Emily's Avatar
Emily  Emily is offline
Wanderer
 
Join Date: 14 Feb 2002
Location: England
Posts: 7,664
Emily 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaras Ahajusts
Emily,

What deck is that, on the bottom???? I like those!
Hi Barbaras Ahajusts,

Those were a deck I collected from the Mind, Body and Spirit magazine - the resin Runes too - I managed to get the full sets before I stopped collecting the magazine.
Top   #41
silverwings94  silverwings94 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Jan 2007
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 3,158
silverwings94 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaras Ahajusts
AJ, I found them on the AT too! I also found this little site & it does readings with that deck...
http://www.mydivination.com/GetReadi...f5ea44adababc1
Thanks Barbara for the website, I just went there and saw the Runes of the Four Realms and they are beautiful. I'll have to wait awhile to order them. No cash here at the moment.

I think I am going to order the Rune Cards. I have them in my basket at Amazon also and have been sitting on the fence for sometime. Now that I have seen all the cards I think I really want them.
Top   #42
AJ's Avatar
AJ  AJ is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 12,683
AJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaras Ahajusts
AJ, I found them on the AT too! I also found this little site & it does readings with that deck...
http://www.mydivination.com/GetReadi...f5ea44adababc1
Hey, nice find Barbara! ever so enabling

I found my list of 'available when sitting in a hospital' rune material ideas:

You'd need to make someone at the nurses station your new best friend so you can borrow a permanent marker to draw the sigils.

paper tape around cotton balls
sterile wipe packets
plastic spoon bowls
Styrofoam cup bottoms
or the lids
bottle caps
sugar/seasoning packets
backs of blister packs

And there were acres of found objects that would make a good oracle

edited to add: I found this pattern for crocheted runes at Llewellyn.
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1227
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/810
it is on two different web pages, but I'm pretty sure it is the same set...

Lewellyn has free shipping for US addresses for two days only,
http://www.llewellyn.com/index.php
Top   #43
silverwings94  silverwings94 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Jan 2007
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 3,158
silverwings94 

Hey AJ,
I tried making these quite some time back and boy they were not easy. I'm just not use toworking with that fine of thread. I was able to get a few done, but I haven't sewn them together and now that I think about it I have no idea where I may have put them.
Kat
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
Hey, nice find Barbara! ever so enabling

I found my list of 'available when sitting in a hospital' rune material ideas:

You'd need to make someone at the nurses station your new best friend so you can borrow a permanent marker to draw the sigils.

paper tape around cotton balls
sterile wipe packets
plastic spoon bowls
Styrofoam cup bottoms
or the lids
bottle caps
sugar/seasoning packets
backs of blister packs

And there were acres of found objects that would make a good oracle

edited to add: I found this pattern for crocheted runes at Llewellyn.
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1227
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/810
it is on two different web pages, but I'm pretty sure it is the same set...

Lewellyn has free shipping for US addresses for two days only,
http://www.llewellyn.com/index.php
Top   #44
Barbaras Ahajusts's Avatar
Barbaras Ahajusts  Barbaras Ahajusts is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,020
Barbaras Ahajusts 

Well I'll be!
I'm quite amazed on what others use to make things. I'm quite impressed, really. Very creative.
I was looking over the crochet runes as I am crocheting items out the ole wazoo for Christmas gifts & I remembered working with plastic canvas. I don't know if I want to make a set like that, but boy it sounds like fun! Highly creative ideas ya'll have! The backs of blister packs sound the most interesting of all!



Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwings94
Hey AJ,
I tried making these quite some time back and boy they were not easy. I'm just not use toworking with that fine of thread. I was able to get a few done, but I haven't sewn them together and now that I think about it I have no idea where I may have put them.
Kat
Top   #45
silverwings94  silverwings94 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Jan 2007
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 3,158
silverwings94 

I picked up some extra wooden stars so I can complete my wooden Runes that Cassandra Eason speaks about in her book.
Top   #46
Barbaras Ahajusts's Avatar
Barbaras Ahajusts  Barbaras Ahajusts is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,020
Barbaras Ahajusts 

silverwings94, Can you post a bit about her book & what she says about the wooden runes & stars?
Top   #47
silverwings94  silverwings94 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 11 Jan 2007
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 3,158
silverwings94 

She doesn't say anything that I can remember about wooden runes except maybe that you can use them to make Runes out of them. I personally bought some precut wooden stars that are 1 inch in size, I traced the rune onto them and then burned them in with my wood burning iron.
I happed to be at A.C.Moore and saw them and thought that they would make a great set of Runes.
On another note I am hoping to order my pewter runes this weekend adn hopefully have them in time for our rune study in January.

I'm truly sorry if I made the impression that Cassanda Eason spoke of the wooden star runes. As I said these were my idea of making a set for myself.
kat
Top   #48
Barbaras Ahajusts's Avatar
Barbaras Ahajusts  Barbaras Ahajusts is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Feb 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,020
Barbaras Ahajusts 

That's a cool idea, with the wooden stars. I would love to see a photo of them!

I need to check up on Cassanda Eason's book. I hadn't heard of her that I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwings94
She doesn't say anything that I can remember about wooden runes except maybe that you can use them to make Runes out of them. I personally bought some precut wooden stars that are 1 inch in size, I traced the rune onto them and then burned them in with my wood burning iron.
I happed to be at A.C.Moore and saw them and thought that they would make a great set of Runes.
On another note I am hoping to order my pewter runes this weekend adn hopefully have them in time for our rune study in January.

I'm truly sorry if I made the impression that Cassanda Eason spoke of the wooden star runes. As I said these were my idea of making a set for myself.
kat
Top   #49
AJ's Avatar
AJ  AJ is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 01 Aug 2006
Location: Pacific NW, USA
Posts: 12,683
AJ 

the one I have is how to read the runes in 6 weeks. don't ask me the name, although I may have giving it earlier in this thread.
She talks about first learning about the runes and a funny reader who was selling runes and how his attitude is what made her decide she could make her own. Truly, they could be made from anything, as long as the owner enjoyed the feel of them.

One thing she recommends is a throw spread with three circles on it, like a teacup, a pie plate, a dinner plate, and your literally throw the runes across these circles and then for the reading combine the rune with the circle it lands in...sort of like clarifier's. anyway, it was interesting, but I keep thinking about throwing the runes and how complicated it would be not to influence that throw unless you tossed them over your shoulder.

the wooden stars is a brilliant idea. Our Michael's Crafts here has a whole section with small wooden shapes for crafting, in dozens of different things...trees, cars, birds, yadayada
Top   #50
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.