Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

Anam Cara

Hmm...if I counted right
(and I hope I did!?)
I'm in!?

Would love to participate...
would love to share the riches of my
years of hoarding...er, um...collecting!

:heart:Cara

NorthernTigress

I'd like to play. I don't know about the import restrictions in Canada, some of them are kind of vague.

However, absolute prohibited items include:

ammunition (real or imitation)
tobacco
"any item emitting an offensive odor"
gold or gold dust (no, I don't know why)

And the vague stuff is:

"Dead animals or their parts, including, for example, the whole carcass of a beaver or a mallard duck, the antlers of a deer, hides, pelts, nests or eggs, may be acceptable for mailing, provided all applicable requirements are met."

stefficus

hm. i will have to send my spare bullets to someplace else.

this is actually quite entertaining! why a duck, cousin? and odors offensive to whom, exactly?

NorthernTigress

stefficus said:
hm. i will have to send my spare bullets to someplace else.

this is actually quite entertaining! why a duck, cousin? and odors offensive to whom, exactly?

Giggle. I think that duck and beaver are used as examples because there is a lot of hunting here. And no, I don't know who decides what is "offensive".

Aulruna

I'm really psyched about this. To be honest I had a hard time connecting with "junk" oracles, and it was dear Satori who got me into it with a cute button oracle she gifted me at last year's Readers Studio. Then franniee added some technique in her lithomancy class, and I found Satori some small toys, and ever since, I've been into it!

I have a stash of things collected just for oracular purposes and can't wait to share some of them :D (but you won't get my beloved Malayan tapir!)

Satori

OKay folks, sign-ups closed. I sent Mi-Shell a special invite and if she comes by and wants to join us I will allow her in! I hope this is okay, because we are now officially over the limit I promised Thor I'd keep!!! :bugeyed:

thorhammer

Satori said:
OKay folks, sign-ups closed. I sent Mi-Shell a special invite and if she comes by and wants to join us I will allow her in! I hope this is okay, because we are now officially over the limit I promised Thor I'd keep!!! :bugeyed:
:D That'd be right, blame me! I didn't mean it to be nasty or anything . . . oh, geez, I can't find the words just now . . . all good :)

\m/ Kat

Satori

LOL, a beloved Malayan Tapir? Look my kids would love a potbelly pig, but I ain't never gonna get 'em one.

I was kidding about mouse bones...sort of. I think that Umbrae said that his little found Oracle has teeth in it.

Let's just say if you want body parts you better seed your bag with 'em because I ain't skinnin' nuthin' that once had a heart. Having said that I do know where an owl nests on my mother-in-law's farm...so owl pellets are in the area in probable abundance. I've never gone to scout that out. So armed with gloves I could probably go there and get a pellet and sort through it....but I don't think I could do it. I've only ever seen the irradiated ones at my daughter's school and that was pretty sanitized.

Currently we have a cat leg bone in our front yard that the kids unearthed, but that still has fur on it....

Um better to stay away from bodies, bones and carcasses eh?

Satori

thorhammer said:
:D That'd be right, blame me! I didn't mean it to be nasty or anything . . . oh, geez, I can't find the words just now . . . all good :)

\m/ Kat

LOL, no worries honey!! I quite agree that we need to be reasonable. So, no one has to do more than one object per person. The limit of three was so that our resident over achievers could feel happy if they couldn't decide between doodad A and thingamajig B when packing up someone's box.

Let's face it, we are all pretty generous people here on AT and if we had our druthers and the cash we'd be sending out presents all the time! :)

kaleanna

Celice said:
Yeah I'd also prefer no mouse bones... :D

Yeah I would prefer no mouse bones either