Flotsam and Jetsam Divination Kits! Help create one for you and one for me!

thorhammer

Satori said:
I gotta tell you, that for me the limit is a hard thing. If I have 5 items that keep telling me, "Thorhammer, thorhammer, THORHAMMER!!!!"

Then Thor is gonna get the five things!
I'm the same. I don't want this to become about who got more or who sent more, but it's just going to be who is "meant" to have what - within the bounds of their desires, that is.

And I love pop culture stuff! I'd adore a rubber pope (though I wont' get him coz Chronata's not a Lava Lamp!*)

\m/ Kat

*That is one weird sentence.

Milfoil

Ok so if we decide on 'a small handfull' of items which could be anything from 3 to 5 or so that should be ok, right??

If each person sends their stuff in a bag to everyone else in their group, each person will have several bags which is a bit pointless. What about if the first person named in the group sends a nice bag to the next on the list and so on until the last on the list sends a bag to the first on the list?

I'll start sending out my address to those on my list. :)

thorhammer

Milfoil said:
If each person sends their stuff in a bag to everyone else in their group, each person will have several bags which is a bit pointless. What about if the first person named in the group sends a nice bag to the next on the list and so on until the last on the list sends a bag to the first on the list?
I think this works. Sounds like a simple, organised way to make the love go a little further!

\m/ Kat

Cat*

Milfoil said:
I'm not too sure this would work. We wouldn't know beforehand what size the final bag needs to be. After all, "small" is a relative term for an oracle item...

(also posting this in the thread of our group)

Wendywu

thorhammer said:
I'd adore a rubber pope (though I wont' get him coz Chronata's not a Lava Lamp!*).

That wins my personal weird sentence of the year award :royal:

Back on topic : I can't sew. If anyone gets a bag from me it's gonna be goat hide or goat leather and I'd leave it plain so you could add your own decorations .... if you don't want hide or leather say so but that would mean I couldn't make a bag. You'd have to go with something I already have. I got buffalo hide as well but I tend to use it as a rug (it's not easy to work with).

Wendywu

Ok - this is the list of stuff that can't be sent to Australia according to the Australian Quarantine & Inspection Service (minus the bits about fresh meat and food perishables which I assume none of us thought of sending)

• seeds including vegetable and flower seeds, unidentified seeds, birdseed and some commercially-packaged seeds
• gifts, ornaments and toys filled with seeds
• pine cones
• raw nuts
• grains and legumes including lentils, popping corn and cereal grains
• raw/green coffee beans
• all plant material including bulbs, whole plants, cuttings, roots, flowers and stems
• soil, including small souvenir or sentimental samples
• gifts, ornaments and toys filled with straw, plant matter, sand or soil
• dried fruit and vegetables containing seeds or fruit peel, citrus and apple peel) and fruit pieces
• remedies and medicines containing herbs, seeds, bark, fungi and dried plant material*
• dried flower arrangements and potpourri
• dried herbs or leaves
• handicrafts—including wreaths and Christmas decorations—containing seeds, raw nuts, corn, pine cones, grapevines, bark, moss, straw or other plant material
• wooden items with bark or signs of insects present
• all mammals, birds, birds’ eggs and nests, fish, snakes, turtles, lizards, scorpions, amphibians, crustaceans and insects
• souvenirs, artefacts and goods made of animal products such as raw hide, feathers, teeth, bones, wool and animal hair

I'll find the list for Canada in a minute :)

Cat*

Thanks for that list, Wendy! :thumbsup: I have shamelessly and gratefully copied it into the Drummer Girls thread because our group also has an Australian resident.

thorhammer

You're a star, Wendy :)

Glad you like the sentence :p

\m/ Kat

Satori

Hi folks,

I meant for everyone to choose a bag from their stash and fill it with the items as they come in. Please don't send bags out! It wouldn't be necessary unless you are sending someone a special bag as their primary bag and it is agreed upon between the two of you before hand.

:)