The World as Feelings

GoddessArtemis

MariaPeea said:
Sometimes I cant understand why people see the world as 'over'. THe world is a circle, it never stops spinning, rotating, revolving...sometimes I see it as 'loose ends being tied up', as a lot of the time on the World cards there's a sash or something surrounding the World, which means that anything that needed to be cleared up from the past has been, and now you guys can continue how you like. Whether or not that means its over, or going to get way better, is totally up to you.

However, depending on the context and the other cards, this is probably one of the best cards you can get for 'how he feels about you.' Unless this is a friend and you guys were arguing, and you finally put all that stuff behind you to rest. Then the world could just be showing his feelings of satisfaction at everything being sorted out. Yah know?
I have seen The World in other readings represent "closure"...like wrapping it up, putting it away, the cycle is complete...so that's where the alternative interpretation comes from.

GA

starrystarrynight

MariaPeea said:
Sometimes I cant understand why people see the world as 'over'...
I think it's because if you look at the Major Arcana as the Fool's Journey (as many people do), the World #21 is the final card before moving once again to the Fool #0* and starting all over again. That doesn't have to mean that a relationship is completely finished (if it's a reading about a relationship); however, it is finished as it stands, and the couple will move to a new phase next--either divorce or marriage (to put it very simply.) But the relationship or phase of the relationship being described--if seen as a Fool's Journey cycle-- is completed once it gets to the World level.

Edited to add:

*The Fool is sometimes numbered at #22, but for the sake of discussion, I see it at #0, as it is numbered in, I think, most decks. :)

nisaba

starrystarrynight said:
*The Fool is sometimes numbered at #22, but for the sake of discussion, I see it at #0, as it is numbered in, I think, most decks. :)
I've never seen it numbered at all: 22 or 0.

I have, however, seen it included in different places in the Majors when initially packed by publishers. The pre-20th century placing was most often between Judgement and The World; post-twentieth century is is most often before the Magician. I've never seen it numbered, though. What decks have you seen it numbered in?

GoddessArtemis

nisaba said:

I have, however, seen it included in different places in the Majors when initially packed by publishers. The pre-20th century placing was most often between Judgement and The World; post-twentieth century is is most often before the Magician. I've never seen it numbered, though. What decks have you seen it numbered in?
I've seen The Fool numbered 0 (zero) in numerous decks, including in one of my favorite decks: Druidcraft.

And like starrystarrynight said, the numbering of The World is also what makes me think of The World as a feeling of being "over" (number 21).

GA

starrystarrynight

nisaba said:

There are many interesting discussions on the numbering of trumps in the Historical Research and Kaballah & Alphabet sections at AT, which is where I first read about the Fool being numbered as #22 (though, at the moment, I can't point you to a specific deck name--it may have been very early decks.) Perhaps, someone will come along with that info.

p.s. When I said the Fool was number 0 in "most" decks...I misspoke. I meant I have seen it as #0 in more decks than I have ever "seen it" or read about it as #22. But, yes, it is unnumbered in many decks, as well. Sorry for the confusion.

goddessof1967

So if I'm reading it right (bear with me, had a glass of vino..lol)...everyone here thinks The World as someone's feelings for me is positive? Nobody thinks it means they're totally "over" it?

Because if that's so...I like it! :D

GA

I would think that card would be represented by Death or 10 swords. No?

ArchAngelMeshi

At it's worst it can mean they feel like they're done with you. But like I said, that's the worst.

I see the World card as completion but in an extremely positive way. So as feelings I would say they view you as better than they did before. Whatever they felt about you before is over, and their new feelings for you is more positive.

At it's best it could mean their thoughts revolve around you in a very positive way. You mean the world to them! :D

Karmacharm

I love that this thread was revived!

I agree with goddessof1967 too. I would see a much more negative, ugly card depicting that.

The world as someone's feeling to me, like others have said, tells me that I would mean the world to them, as if I complete them. :)

I can't really see it being bad....

ROmina

I love that this thread was revived!

I agree with goddessof1967 too. I would see a much more negative, ugly card depicting that.

The world as someone's feeling to me, like others have said, tells me that I would mean the world to them, as if I complete them. :)

I can't really see it being bad....

well it can be...
i found it can mean that the person is over you, they are no longer interested

The Chinese Empress

What The World means to me in 2014

Goddess Artemis, hi - I know this is a very ancient thread with dust and cobwebs on it, but I am adding this response for visitors, like me, who are looking at it long after your situation has been fulfilled.

I did a couple of readings tonight on my future with a male I associate with - strictly from the POV of guarding myself in case he tries any future shenanigans/mind games/pretending he wants me when he and I both know full well he doesn't. He has a habit of playing this game to get stuff that he wants. Each reading came up showing my feelings towards him as The World. Here is how I know I feel:

Finished
It's over
We have learned all we came into this situation to learn from each other
Go away now
Keep your distance
Do not try to re-start or re-engineer things
We are complete
Lesson learned
Oh Universe? Hello,we can move to the next lesson, next person please
Fed up
Over it
Done

And this feeling is absolute. He will NEVER be able to change it.

So there is a lot of truth to your instinct about what the card meant. I'm no expert and always have more to learn about Tarot, but in my years of having read it for myself and other people, I have learned - at least for myself and my own readings - to always trust my instincts over what a book or adviser might suggest. Always trust your instincts!

They're what the Tarot is really all about, a focusing tool for your instincts!