The Booty Babes

Mellaenn

Hi, there Booty Babes! Here is your very own thread. The details of the swap in your group are now really up to you; I just ask that you not divert from the general idea too much and please make sure everyone in your group is comfortable with any changes that are made.

Use this thread to swap ideas for your oracle kits. If anyone has anything that they really would NOT like (e.g.: bones or teeth or severed ears or what have you. :grin:) please let your fellow groupies know!

Let’s take another week to assemble the kits. I leave it up to you to make sure you trade addresses, but will check with you.

And don’t forget to visit the other groups on their threads to see what your Divine Sisters of the Junky Sisterhood are up to!

The Junkanoo Gang

The Doo-Dad Divas

The Little Loot League

Main Swap Thread

JUNE 1 TO JUNE 7 (or so)

*Check to see what group you're in and click on the link to find your group's thread.

*Go post in the link and start visiting with one another there.

*Exchange addresses with one another. Everyone in your little group will be sending a package to everyone else.

*Continue to gather items. As you get to know your partners a bit you'll get a feel for what each one likes.

*We'll start shipping in a week but no big deal if it takes another few days; don't panic.

*Eventually we'll use our new oracles to read for one another; we'll do that right from our group threads as well.

BodhiSeed

Thanks for the thread, Mellaenn!:heart:

Hello GryffinSong, Satori, and Mortica Monroe! I've already PMed you guys for your addresses - yes I'm an eager beaver. I don't have any special preferences, and will welcome whatever you send. But wait... Satori, didn't you say something in the other thread about dehydrated monkey paws? I'll have to pass on those.:D I can just imagine my cats finding it and thinking it was a new toy <shudders>, or the words my husband would say if one of the felines were to drop it in his slippers...}) :D

GryffinSong

I'm really not into severed ears please. LOL

All righty then. I will be traveling from thursday until the following wednesday, so all I request is that we have enough time for me to come home and absorb the chat before we send things out. I can be online up until thursday morning when we leave. There's a slight chance I can get online once or twice from Tennessee, but I don't want to count on it, and it's unlikely.

In other words ... I'm going to be quieter than I like, so let's chat fast!!! LOL

morticia monroe

Checking in! I'm so glad to be in this group!

I'm pretty much willing to accept anything you think I might like. I've found a few things that I think are pretty cool, so it's coming together on this end, still I'm going to need the week to get it all together. There is a little whatnot/junk/antique store in Lafayette that I need to get to.

Fun!!

GryffinSong

I'm sure that I'll enjoy whatever you babes feel is right, but here are a few random thoughts in case you'd like to hear them ...

I love natural things. I'm really short on stones and shells and wooden things. I love animals, plants, inspiring words. In general, I'd probably prefer wood, metal or stone over plastic, but I trust your judgement if a plastic thing feels right. Bones are fine, as long as they are likely to hold up under the punishment of getting tossed around. I don't have any bones. :)

That's all I can think of for now.

As for y'all ... do you prefer a total surprise? Or would you like questions or choices offered to you?

I'm thinking since there are only four to a group, that we might want to err on the side of sending more stuff? Perhaps 10 or more? With more welcome if folks feel like it? What do you guys think?

morticia monroe

Gryffin, your tastes seem to run right along with mine. :)

I think I'd much prefer a surprise than to know what is being sent.

GryffinSong

:)

Ok, I've officially stopped panicking about being out of town for some of this. I've took a turn around the bowls I set out for you guys, and think I have enough. I've adapted now that I know who's in the group, and it feels just fine. It'd be really fun if I found something for each of you on my trip, but I won't fret if I don't. :)

Of course the piles are all subject to change if y'all give feedback that might influence what I think you'd like. And yes, I'll keep it secret. ;)

I'm visiting the mountains of Tennessee and North Carolina, and am all giddy with excitement. That area is supposed to be so lovely.

Satori

Hello! Sorry that I didn't get in here sooner....I've been couponing! This is the part I hate...cutting coupons, filling the binder...ugh.

Anyhow, I have a very nice assortment coming together for everyone. I actually think that I have a better sense of what works too now that I've been through this once before and have used a junk oracle for a little while as well.

I wonder if everyone here has enough crystals. Someone said they are low on rocks, but do you mean yard rock vs crystals? I collect triangle stones and I collect heart rocks. I also collect something I call Spirit Stones. My spirit stones are beautiful they have faces, or are animals that are emerging out of the stone. I have an amazing seal stone that I found on the beach. In fact, I'm going through my shell collection and plan to pull some of my more interesting shells for you all.

For instance, I have several pieces of wampum. If anyone is interested in this as an ancient currency artifact let me know. Wampum, quite simply, is the purple part of the quohog shell.

In my kit, the MoonBell, I have more than one currency type. I have money cowries, in fact I put in three. My thinking is that if all three show up in a reading I will use their positions and what they are next to/touching to tell me what the story means.

I love natural items. I do like metal as well. I like glass, shells, but I have a separate crystal oracle. I love mythical creatures, I don't mind plastic anymore...and I am on the lookout for a small mermaid charm.

Having said that about plastic, I do tend to look for other things first! And at the same time I have some cool plastic stuff for all of you. Please say so if you don't want plastic.

See you all in the morning.

GryffinSong

Satori said:
...I wonder if everyone here has enough crystals. Someone said they are low on rocks, but do you mean yard rock vs crystals? I collect triangle stones and I collect heart rocks. I also collect something I call Spirit Stones. My spirit stones are beautiful they have faces, or are animals that are emerging out of the stone. I have an amazing seal stone that I found on the beach. In fact, I'm going through my shell collection and plan to pull some of my more interesting shells for you all...

I have NO crystals. None. And I'd LOVE some. For those of you who may not know, I sold most of my things several years back, bought an RV, and lived/traveled in it for five years. I'm only now settled into a home again, and have not had an opportunity to replace crystals, stones and so forth. I love crystals, polished stones, interesting shapes ... basically anything you think is special for someone who's lived without for awhile.

For instance, I have several pieces of wampum. If anyone is interested in this as an ancient currency artifact let me know. Wampum, quite simply, is the purple part of the quohog shell.

This sounds awesome!!! See above ... most of my shell stuff is long gone. I think I have some of my shells from Fiji, but I don't know where they're hiding. A shark's tooth would be awesome if any of you have a spare. I have very fond memories of hunting shark's teeth at the shore with my little brother.

I love mythical creatures

Me too. :)

Satori

Oh Wow girl. I had no idea. I knew about your battle, but not about your travel.

Okay, this means we need to pull out the big guns and get you going again on your crystals.

This changes things a little.

hugs,

satori