The Junkanoo Gang

Elven

Thanks for your PM Witchy :thumbsup:
Cheers
Elven

Witchy Woman

linnie said:
I hadn't been sitting here thinking about what might come from the swapping of such things, either, but once I started earnestly gathering all my own little bits together I scanned them and got a reasonable idea of which things sing to me and which don't quite as much... So, now that we have a chance to let each other know what we would prefer, I think it's great to do so, because this is our chance to create a perfect-fit, personalised, oracle and give the other stuff to someone who loves it better... for whom it is a 'better fit'!!! So... dear Witchy Woman... I'm inviting you to let us know what your preferences are... You see... you're not actually asking, just being helpful by answering my question!!! :)

Also useful is looking at other people's profiles, as they suggest what people like, or don't like so much, and that reminded me of things that i would really enjoy in a junk oracle... Mind you, I haven't filled that part of my profile in... not quite sure where or how... :)
LOL Well sinz you asked so nicely! Ill just have to think of a answer...to the question at hand :)

linnie

Mellaenn said:
Hi, Junkanoos! ... actually, it's a take on a type of street parade in the Bahamas (which are right off the coast of where I live here in Florida) with music and dancing and food and drinks and lots of joie de vivre.
Joie de vivre is my favourite thing!!!! Well, one of them, along with all the specific things that encourage joie de vivre!!!!!! :) heh heh! :)

Witchy Woman said:
LOL Well sinz you asked so nicely! Ill just have to think of a answer...to the question at hand :)
Now, to be perfectly honest, I've visited the respective threads of the Little Loots and the Doo-dads and the Booty Babes to see what's up over there, and "Anything you send will be perfect", or "I'm happy with anything, plastic, metal... anything", is more the tone of the conversation over that way... Which horrified me initially, as I felt I'd perhaps been rather presumptuous in suggesting that we note our preferences... However, I then observed that a few souls from the other groups have also mentioned preferences, so I guess I haven't strayed too far from socially-acceptable behaviour in posting mine. Phew!!!! That's a relief!!! :):):)

And you, dear Witchy Woman... well... thanks to moi, you've been all but peer-group-pressured into creating a list, so your reputation is blemish-free!!!!! :):):)

Witchy Woman

I have a nice little metal charmish oracle going on for my Naughty Nauticals theme and it stays in the Dragon Egg. So if I dont have a duplicat of a charm itll go in there :)
You can mix it up with me for metal, naturals and plastic.
Stones from someone would be cool, I will put them in the oracle for sure, and if its a unique looking small shell Ill use it also. Although I have shoe boxes of them, but coming from someone else makes a world of difference. :)
Ive got loads of stuff so if theres anything specific you want. ask and if I have it its yours :)

linnie

Witchy Woman said:
I have a nice little metal charmish oracle going on for my Naughty Nauticals theme and it stays in the Dragon Egg. So if I dont have a duplicat of a charm itll go in there :)
You can mix it up with me for metal, naturals and plastic.
Stones from someone would be cool, I will put them in the oracle for sure, and if its a unique looking small shell Ill use it also. Although I have shoe boxes of them, but coming from someone else makes a world of difference. :)
Ive got loads of stuff so if theres anything specific you want. ask and if I have it its yours :)
Okey-doke... I have lots of crystals and stones, and also a good number of small metal charms... Nautical-ish themes...... Um... you had a link to your nautical things image somewhere, didn't you? Then I can see what charms you already have and see if I have others.... :)

Witchy Woman

Monkeys. I like monkeys and have non for either of my oracles. So if you have a monkey of any kind let me know.

linnie

Witchy Woman said:
Monkeys. I like monkeys and have non for either of my oracles. So if you have a monkey of any kind let me know.
I'll be looking for a monkey for you!!! :) The only one I've seen, though is sweet, but about 1.5-2inches... is that too big?

Witchy Woman

linnie said:
I'll be looking for a monkey for you!!! :) The only one I've seen, though is sweet, but about 1.5-2inches... is that too big?
Nope, not to big. IM thinking if it fits in your palm then it should work. The largest thing im really sending is the mini foot ball helmets from the 80s that came in gum ball machines...it was a great find at the sales last week. Im wishing I would of bought them all and passed them out to my male cousins. Talk about memories!

Witchy Woman

linnie said:
Joie de vivre is my favourite thing!!!! Well, one of them, along with all the specific things that encourage joie de vivre!!!!!! :) heh heh! :)

Now, to be perfectly honest, I've visited the respective threads of the Little Loots and the Doo-dads and the Booty Babes to see what's up over there, and "Anything you send will be perfect", or "I'm happy with anything, plastic, metal... anything", is more the tone of the conversation over that way... Which horrified me initially, as I felt I'd perhaps been rather presumptuous in suggesting that we note our preferences... However, I then observed that a few souls from the other groups have also mentioned preferences, so I guess I haven't strayed too far from socially-acceptable behaviour in posting mine. Phew!!!! That's a relief!!! :):):)

And you, dear Witchy Woman... well... thanks to moi, you've been all but peer-group-pressured into creating a list, so your reputation is blemish-free!!!!! :):):)
Well Honestly thats what these individual groups are is us figuring out what will help us out...and each other.
So I was expecting people to be more specific. I just didnt think of myself being specific...lol..