Tarot Forum    


The Junkanoo Gang


> Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Divination



 
linnie's Avatar
linnie  linnie is offline
Born Silver-Haired
 
Join Date: 20 Oct 2010
Location: Creeks, hills and rainforests in Northern NSW, Oz
Posts: 5,332
linnie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace
Hi Witchy Woman... welcome home. Hope you had a good time with your sister and family. Did you get into trouble? lol
and linnie, let em come. Send your package if you're ready.
Right, Mel?
I figure it's 2 weeks from the states to Australia for the small priority boxes and about 30 days for regular snail mail. So by sending now, your gift will come amidst the others. I'm so excited!
Please don't forget to include sand, you guys.! I collect sand from all over the world. It goes into a school globe to remind me how we really are all in this together. Just a handful in a baggie from your yard is fine. You'll earn a pin on my world map..
I'm mailing by Wednesday. Will pop back in before then.
Will sand get through customs, Horace? I've just packed your parcel, and I do have a teeny, weeny handful of sand, all heat-treated to ensure no nasty microbes spread across the planet, but I am reminded that whenever we post overseas we must fill in a Customs declaration. That form doesn't specifically mention soil or sand, whereas they do mention animal and plant matter, but soil is Australia's number 1 bugbear... Do you think your parcel will get safely to you??? I hope so!! PS I live on clay, which is wet, hard, unfriable, so my sand is from a pile of local sand that has been delivered for building projects. It still comes from close-by, but not 'here' exactly!! I hope that still serves... If I had more time I could do the 2 hour each-way trip to collect some from my favourite sacred space by the coast, but I don't have 4 hours up my sleeve...
Top   #71
Elven's Avatar
Elven  Elven is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 02 Mar 2005
Location: The Blue Mountains Middle-Earth Australia :)
Posts: 9,748
Elven 

Hi Horace, I'd love to send you sand, but I am sceptical it would get through - reason being that I think its classified like soil is - and I've been asked by customs (when flying - because I am also a landscaper), if I have shoes that have soil on them. I'd hate to see your package confiscated. Maybe it wouldn't be, but Im not sure of the laws O/S on such things.

I hope that's OK with you.
Cheers
Elven
Top   #72
Witchy Woman's Avatar
Witchy Woman  Witchy Woman is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia USA
Posts: 579
Witchy Woman 
Thumbs up


Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven
Hi Horace, I'd love to send you sand, but I am sceptical it would get through - reason being that I think its classified like soil is - and I've been asked by customs (when flying - because I am also a landscaper), if I have shoes that have soil on them. I'd hate to see your package confiscated. Maybe it wouldn't be, but Im not sure of the laws O/S on such things.

I hope that's OK with you.
Cheers
Elven
Landscaping. you go. not easy work.
Top   #73
Mellaenn's Avatar
Mellaenn  Mellaenn is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 25 Jul 2005
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 12,600
Mellaenn 
Do Your Best


Hi, guys...just peeking in here before I hit the ground running for my day.

Let me just say, don't sweat it on this piece count thing. Here's my objective: To get the numbers that everyone sends and receives as even as possible. Some of us (and I do mean us) that can only send a few were worried about the lopsidedness of it, that's all.

Y'all are beautiful, loving people - just do your best!
-----signed - The Grand PooBah Mean Mommy of the Junk Oracle Swap Thread
Top   #74
Witchy Woman's Avatar
Witchy Woman  Witchy Woman is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia USA
Posts: 579
Witchy Woman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellaenn
Hi, guys...just peeking in here before I hit the ground running for my day.

Let me just say, don't sweat it on this piece count thing. Here's my objective: To get the numbers that everyone sends and receives as even as possible. Some of us (and I do mean us) that can only send a few were worried about the lopsidedness of it, that's all.

Y'all are beautiful, loving people - just do your best!
-----signed - The Grand PooBah Mean Mommy of the Junk Oracle Swap Thread
Literally laughing out loud! you silly woman
Top   #75
linnie's Avatar
linnie  linnie is offline
Born Silver-Haired
 
Join Date: 20 Oct 2010
Location: Creeks, hills and rainforests in Northern NSW, Oz
Posts: 5,332
linnie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven
Hi Horace, I'd love to send you sand, but I am sceptical it would get through - reason being that I think its classified like soil is - and I've been asked by customs (when flying - because I am also a landscaper), if I have shoes that have soil on them. I'd hate to see your package confiscated. Maybe it wouldn't be, but Im not sure of the laws O/S on such things.

I hope that's OK with you.
Cheers
Elven
I'm not a landscaper, and my shoes are checked, too, and often rinsed/scrubbed off... Just our government keeping bugs out, which is very wise, whilst introducing Cane Toads and the like, which is not very wise!!!

Top   #76
Witchy Woman's Avatar
Witchy Woman  Witchy Woman is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia USA
Posts: 579
Witchy Woman 

So I found that chest for the LOOT, and then I saw this shell, thats been in my bathroom this whole time with my finger nail stuff and the mermaid. so the shell for the loot, but, not alot of room to grow, or the chest? hmh...
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...hty/img698.jpg
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...hty/img700.jpg
Top   #77
linnie's Avatar
linnie  linnie is offline
Born Silver-Haired
 
Join Date: 20 Oct 2010
Location: Creeks, hills and rainforests in Northern NSW, Oz
Posts: 5,332
linnie 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy Woman
So I found that chest for the LOOT, and then I saw this shell, thats been in my bathroom this whole time with my finger nail stuff and the mermaid. so the shell for the loot, but, not alot of room to grow, or the chest? hmh...
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...hty/img698.jpg
http://i327.photobucket.com/albums/k...hty/img700.jpg
The chest sings to me... I love shells, especially clams, but treasure chests... magic... and, as you say, room for growth... Davy Jones' Locker!!!
Top   #78
Witchy Woman's Avatar
Witchy Woman  Witchy Woman is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 May 2011
Location: Northern Virginia USA
Posts: 579
Witchy Woman 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie
The chest sings to me... I love shells, especially clams, but treasure chests... magic... and, as you say, room for growth... Davy Jones' Locker!!!
I know rite, thats what i was thinking. Ive got several wood and such chest's. have to stop myself from buying them, there really in now around here and its hard. this one smells really good cuz i had my incense stored in it.
Top   #79
linnie's Avatar
linnie  linnie is offline
Born Silver-Haired
 
Join Date: 20 Oct 2010
Location: Creeks, hills and rainforests in Northern NSW, Oz
Posts: 5,332
linnie 
Red face


ok.... an admission... and an apology... I got so carried away trying to track down a monkey 'charm' for witchy that i missed the post office.. yes I did! Haven't done that before... this junk!!!!!

Meanwhile, I'm waiting to hear from Horace re the sand... is it worth it, or not, re sand and customs? I'm not sure how strict things are outside of Aus...
Wouldlove your response, because I'm delaying sending yours until i hear from you... just to be sure... Thanks
Top   #80

 





 



Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Tarot Readings
· Reading Exchange
Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Rider-Waite-Smith
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths



Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· 2000+ Tarot Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. About us. Advertise with us.