Hallowquest Study Group anyone?

PathWalker

Going to post a quick reply here, but maybe at some point we might want to move this conversation over to "tarot decks" or somesuch place? (Mods?)

The Arthurian Tarot is, as far as I know, the one deck that Caitlin and John created together (I shan't mind at all being corretced on this - I'm just reading my bookshelf here LOL)

Caitlin also has to her name "Celtic Book of the Dead (oracle), Celtic Wisdom Tarot (love the book, havn't used the deck yet), and Da Vinci Enigma.

John has Celtic Shaman's pack, Celtic Oracle, a new cave painting one, name escapes me sorry (didn't like) and "Wildwood Tarot in the pipeline.

Thing is, the artwork for all these decks is done by others, the Matthews' skill is in the myth, literature and writing, rather than art.
So, it depends what you, what speaks to you, as to which you prefer. I'm finding Caitlin's work more "me" but that is a personal preference :) They did choose to write a lot on the Arthurian theme, several books which don't link to tarot but are more or less scholarly, the year-long course, other supporting materail for the pack, and the celtic theme (because this is not a medieval style deck, but earlier) does now inform much of their work as I understand it. So, you may be right to describe this as their "Magnum Opus" but I would certainly take a look at their other work if you get the chance :)

Pathwalker (a Matthews fan LOL)

PathWalker

Did anyone ever contact the Matthews for a copy of the Hallowquest meditations on tape (or whatever medium)?

As I have no-one to read them to me, it would be really useful to have them pre-recorded, so I thought I ask if anyone had tried to get hold of a copy lately (they don't show on their list)

Pathwalker

Well, I'm answering my own question, but putting the info here for anyone else who might be interested.

Caitlin Matthews kindly replied to my email, saying that unfortunately the master tapes were long since worn away! No cd version.

However she did write...

"I will record when I redo the Tarot Course as an on-line download, with some rewriting and new ideas to add in."

Also the Arthurian is due for reprinting in August 2011 according to Caitlin.

Blessings to all on the path
Pathwalker

Aerin

Oh good!

By the way I met both John and Caitlin Matthews at the TABI conference. John M. said that all of the Hallowquest landscapes are taken from life, they are all views you can see in the UK. He said that it is still one of his favourite things they have done.

PathWalker

Wow, that would have been great to meet them!
:)

Aerin

It was :).

Caitlin says her name something like "Cashlin" it turns out. If I'd been half with it I should have taken my Hallowquest book / deck/ well one of them to be signed but I didn't.

PathWalker

Hi Aduki, meant to say hello when I saw you here last week :)
How are you getting on with the deck? Have you managed to get a copy of the book, or are you having a rest from it at the moment?
Best wishes wherever you're at :)

Pathwalker x

aduki

Hello Pathwalker ( & others),

Thanks for asking! This is certainly motivating.
Yes, i’m still at it, but, really really slow. At the moment I got stuck at lesson 8 or 9: I sometimes skip exercises and go back to them later, so I’m getting a bit confused about what I have done and what not. But I’m still continuing, however long it takes. I do want to post updates on this forum, but at times translating into English asks too much of me.
I don’t have the book, yet, but I scanned the remaining of the chapter into my computer, so I can look it up over there. And I can get the book back from the library any time. I have a search on ebay, but it doesn’t give many results.
What about you, I see you’re also still at the Swords Quest?
Best wishes for you too.
BB, Aduki.

PathWalker

New Year Bump

Just flagging this thread up again, so that anyone who might be interested in this study will know where to find us :)

Anyone else still going at the moment?

Pathwalker
)O(

aduki

I tried to start the Quest for the Stone this winter, but I still haven't done the ritual. I would love to, but there always seem to be other priorities.