Ludy Lescot Tarot - The Magician I

Elendil

Here are some thoughts/observations on Card I : The Magician.

In Card I the 'Magician' of the Ludy Lescot Tarot puts on a personal display for an audience of kneeling women. He is clothed only in a loincloth and strikes what seems to me a difficult pose, balanced only on the tips of his toes, ankles crossed arms raised and hands clasped beneath his chin. His eyes are closed and he has a serene expression on his face suggesting he has entered some enhanced 'magical' or meditative state. The Magician's capabilities do not end there. When we look carefully we can see that the suit markers around his feet (a sword, a chalice, a golden disc engraved with a pentagram and a stave of wood) are 'magically' floating above the ground (or at least they appear to be from the shape of the shadows that they cast). There is also a yellow glow of light at the Magician's lower abdomen which I discovered from a quick 'google' is the location of the 'manipura' solar plexus chakra (whose colour is yellow) and which is believed to be the centre of personal power, the place of ego , of passions, impulses, and strength, and is also the centre for astral influences and psychic development. The card 'shouts' ability and potential loudly and clearly.

Some questions:
Who exactly are these 'feral' women?
Why do I get the sense that this man is under pressure to perform?

Any other thoughts and observations?

Aerin

The women remind me of a hen party at a stripper night ;)

I agree, the whole think says "performance" to me; it's an extrovert sort of a card.

Hemera

Here is the picture -again from the Alidastore website.

Attachments

• Magician.jpg
    Magician.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 903

Aerin

*bounces up and down excitedly*

I think that the four women are the four Aces.

I checked their hair colour and it fits.

Elendil

*bounces up and down excitedly*

I think that the four women are the four Aces.

I checked their hair colour and it fits.

Well spotted Aerin. That makes perfect sense. I wonder if these 'aces' appear on any other Major Arcana Cards. I didn't think to compare hair colouring in my initial exploration.

Hemera

Wow what a find! The Aces are so puzzling..
So, where is Ludy? Is she one of them then?

RunningWild

I've avoided posting about this card as it screams "what a show-off!" to me. The Magician requires the energy of his audience to manifest anything. And his audience, rapt, gives it to him, allowing him this fantastic feat.

I'm interested in the light that seems to come from his belly. Is this card associated with the solar plexus chakra? I don't know my chakras that well. LOL.

For certain, he's a bit of a snake charmer here.

MaineGirl117

I'm sorry, but I see five women here. One woman is hidden behind the Magician. You can see her arm and thigh next to the red head. Is this Ludy perhaps?

Elendil

I'm interested in the light that seems to come from his belly. Is this card associated with the solar plexus chakra? I don't know my chakras that well. LOL.

See first post...:)

RunningWild

There is also a yellow glow of light at the Magician's lower abdomen which I discovered from a quick 'google' is the location of the 'manipura' solar plexus chakra (whose colour is yellow) and which is believed to be the centre of personal power, the place of ego , of passions, impulses, and strength, and is also the centre for astral influences and psychic development. The card 'shouts' ability and potential loudly and clearly.

Well I'll be...there it is! Thanks for pointing your post out to me.