New Moon Spread

MaineGirl117

Originally posted by Eowyn here

Ludy Lescot Deck

I guess this spread can be useful in any occasion, but I believe that it will add some mysticism and magic if done between Wanning Crescent and Waxing Crescent, specially during New Moon.

***3***
***2***
***1***
***0***

Quoted text comes from the LWB interpretations for the deck.

1.- What lays on your dark depths. What is unseen. What we stumble against in the dark nights. Death XIII image here

“You cannot choose when the body dies, but you can choose when the soul dies. And the answer is never! When you seek eternity in things of little value, you kill your soul.”

I think this card speaks along the lines of fearing change or the consequences of change if a decision concerning my career is wrong. The agency that I work for just released a memorandum that they’ll be drastically downsizing their work force over the next 2-3 years and up to 800 positions will be eliminated nationwide. This came about all of a sudden to those of us working at the bottom level. I have been debating over the past year on whether I’d stay with this agency or go with another once my year commitment was over (this ends in March).

This card’s advice is to release my ego and go with the location and position that moves me, trusting that everything will turn out as it should (reflected in Justice) to break the stalemate of my mind (2/swords) and not being too hasty to grab onto anything that offers security but not a complete picture of prosperity (10/pent).

2.- What will begin to show, to arise. Justice XI image here

“The world is unjust. Do you know how to be just? Then the rest of the world can even be mud.”

This card is really echoing with the shadow card and Death. It reminds me that a complete person must be served, not just materialism or ego. Decisions must be weighed and measured, not jumped into without forethought. This card also speaks of actively making decisions, instead of feeling pushed from one circumstance to the next without understanding the why’s or how’s we have created our lives. Making decisions based on new school’s of thought instead of circumstances and experiences from the past that no longer hold true to the person I’ve become or who I want to be in the future.

Coincidently, this year is my Justice year.

3.- What will illuminate the dark path. The key in the night. 2 of Swords image here

“In any dispute, you can choose between peace and bloodshed. The outcome will not be random, but rather always your choice.”

This image deviates from the standard RWS image in that, the woman’s eyes are wide open - practically popping out of her head. The two swords are pointing towards the ground and are crossed at the very tip. On the left is a white glove, and the right a red glove.

I wonder if this card is suggesting that the key to this decision will be to find a compromise, no matter how small (only the very tips of the swords are crossed) to fulfill both the need for change in careers, but also the need for a location where I’d want to settle in and build my home.

Clarifier: High Priestess image here

“Don’t cry if white is the colour of mourning. Destiny is much older than the present. Laugh at your ignorance and receive knowledge.”

I drew the clarified because of the ambiguity of the 2/swords, but fell only into a more convoluted situation by adding the HP here. One interesting thing is that she is card II and is the higher octave of the 2/swords. Justice is also tied into these two cards numerically - making me thing they’re all walking hand in hand to a resolution, but of what I still can’t put my finger on.

Perhaps it’s harkening to remain cool and remain in control like the High Priestess. But I think because I laid the clarified across the 2/swords, that she’s actually saying that a passive aggressive approach would be the WRONG way to go about this situation. Justice demands action, not passivity.

The High Priestess with Justice could also be hinting at someone who is close to me that may have the answer to my problem, but will remain passive about sharing this information until I approach him/her. Hmmm… what a riddle.

0.- Yourself. Shadow card, from the base of the deck. 10 of Pentacles image here

“The present, the past and the future are like three soul mates. In harmony they prosper, and in egoism they wither.”

This card I believe, is representing the feeling of accomplishment that I have achieved a certain status in my career which I can build upon. I’ve learned my job well, have applied great effort and skill, but am now looking at long-term goals towards advancement and taking the next step. I believe that it is also suggesting that I need to be careful to not allow my ego to get in my way, setting reasonable short-term goals to achieve a long-term plan and to work methodically through the organization to which I am employed. Part of my long-term planning involve selecting a location to which I would be happy for an extended period of time, and in which I would like to set down roots, buy a home, and possibly start a family.

Some interesting visual cues in these cards. The 10/pent and Justice both have scales in the images. In the 10/pent the scales are tipped to the left, perhaps I’m leaning a great deal here on what has happened in the past to decide on what will happen in the future. The illuminating card, Justice, has the scales tipped to the right - perhaps now a shift of my mind towards what will happen in the future to direct the course of my life?

Also, the 10/pent card has a key laying on top of a small red box - looks a bit like a checkbook box. Wonder if this is the key to unlocking the stalemate in the final card?

10/pent and Death both have a scroll in them - I’m seeing this as the memorandum coming from the agency that is affecting this change in my career.

The interpretation of the High Priestess speaks of wearing white as the color of mourning: I wear a lab coat for work, work with death and blood on a daily basis, and work for the government (Justice). This is the agency that is exacting change. Perhaps the person I need to speak to is within this agency - maybe even my supervisor.

I'm wondering if anybody has any further insights on these draws, something I'm not seeing perhaps? The 2/swords crossed by the HP is the hardest part to grasp!

Thanks for reading through my draw and appreciate any helpful suggestions!

Alta

What a beautiful and insightful reading. I feel a little daunted to even add anything. Consider my comments to be supplementary only.
1.- What lays on your dark depths. What is unseen. What we stumble against in the dark nights. Death XIII image here

“You cannot choose when the body dies, but you can choose when the soul dies. And the answer is never! When you seek eternity in things of little value, you kill your soul.”
Fear lies here as well. The highly enlightened welcome death, I understand, but most of us see it (among other things) as a symbol of fear of the unknown. Clearly this announcement has stirred up fears of.... who knows? ...whatever your boogies are: being poor, having no purpose, losing significance. Because it is 'the unseen', all the easier to stumble over your unacknowledged fears.

Another aspect: this could mean a significant break in the flow of your life so far. That is neither good nor bad, but generally pointing out that once this happens you won't be able to go back.
2.- What will begin to show, to arise. Justice XI image here

“The world is unjust. Do you know how to be just? Then the rest of the world can even be mud.”
Coincidentally, this year is my Justice year.
Since you refer to it an agency, I am guessing government at some level. Justice here may well mean that many legal formalities, appeals, union involvement and etc will drag out the process. Justice is a good card to get here because it suggests that fairness will rule in the end. But an impartial fairness, which may not be all that you would like.
3.- What will illuminate the dark path. The key in the night. 2 of Swords image here

“In any dispute, you can choose between peace and bloodshed. The outcome will not be random, but rather always your choice.”
I find this an ambiguous card. "Illumination" may show you things that you don't want to see. You must see them but may not like it.

In this case it likely refers to being a bit stubborn and insisting on what you deserve. It is a reflection of the Justice card and you will need to not just give in to what others tell you. Fight back, to the extent it is within the law.
Clarifier: High Priestess image here

“Don’t cry if white is the colour of mourning. Destiny is much older than the present. Laugh at your ignorance and receive knowledge.”
Things are being hidden from you, don't be afraid to do some digging and to ask for advice. In this case it may be someone (likely a woman) who can give you sound advice.
0.- Yourself. Shadow card, from the base of the deck. 10 of Pentacles image here

“The present, the past and the future are like three soul mates. In harmony they prosper, and in egoism they wither.”
The 10 of pents can show the organization, grinding away to its own ends. It can also point to your legal rights. be strong, it will serve you well here plus give you confidence in the future when someone or some organization tries to run you over again.

xx A

MaineGirl117

What a beautiful and insightful reading. I feel a little daunted to even add anything. Consider my comments to be supplementary only.Fear lies here as well. The highly enlightened welcome death, I understand, but most of us see it (among other things) as a symbol of fear of the unknown. Clearly this announcement has stirred up fears of.... who knows? ...whatever your boogies are: being poor, having no purpose, losing significance. Because it is 'the unseen', all the easier to stumble over your unacknowledged fears.

Another aspect: this could mean a significant break in the flow of your life so far. That is neither good nor bad, but generally pointing out that once this happens you won't be able to go back.

Thank you for your additional thoughts Alta! There are some fears here that I do need to address. I moved quite a distance away from family to take this job a year ago. It really was a one-way ticket! This job has been the first real opportunity to have something that resembled a career instead of just going from job to job without making any kind of progress in life - kind of status quo without purpose. So indeed there are fears that this kind of change will drop me uncerimoniously back into that endless cycle - something I'll fight against with every breath I've got!

Since you refer to it an agency, I am guessing government at some level. Justice here may well mean that many legal formalities, appeals, union involvement and etc will drag out the process. Justice is a good card to get here because it suggests that fairness will rule in the end. But an impartial fairness, which may not be all that you would like.

This is true too. The union is involved to ensure that as many people as possible will be incorporated into this transition (though I am low man on the totem pole with less seniority than everybody in the office), minimizing job loss though a percentage of us will have to be let go or absorbed by other agencies (yes within the government). This current situation is one of Obama's primary initiatives and it could get complicated passing through the Senate and House in an election year - could very well be the stall you're referring to. Perhaps the 2/swords could also be a split decision from the legislative which hinders the implimentation of this new program, and my fears are unfounded in that case since nothing will change.

I find this an ambiguous card. "Illumination" may show you things that you don't want to see. You must see them but may not like it. In this case it likely refers to being a bit stubborn and insisting on what you deserve. It is a reflection of the Justice card and you will need to not just give in to what others tell you. Fight back, to the extent it is within the law.

Interesting. I wonder if the key on the checkbook in the 10/pent means that the financial savings they're estimating won't be as great as originally thought - or something in regards to financing or money on my end will be forthcoming. Like I'll get a severance check if I'm let go which will lead me in a new direction, one I was meant to follow anyways. Could go any which way I suppose, but only time will tell (it'll be *illuminating* to do the full moon spread and see what comes up!).

Things are being hidden from you, don't be afraid to do some digging and to ask for advice. In this case it may be someone (likely a woman) who can give you sound advice.

The senior supervisor in my office is a woman, and she's been supportive of my efforts to look for work in other agencies (now that she's aware that I'm looking. I've kept this to myself up till now because I had to wait out my year.)

The 10 of pents can show the organization, grinding away to its own ends. It can also point to your legal rights. be strong, it will serve you well here plus give you confidence in the future when someone or some organization tries to run you over again.

It is a large organization in the government, but I have a feeling that eventually it will dissolve and be absorbed by an even larger arm of government. Both agencies deal with public health, though they govern different aspects of production. This would only make sense since the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Huh - wonder where that thought came from now looking at the 2/swords. My thoughts have been running towards getting my foot in the door with this other agency but they're only promoting internally for now. At any rate, I won't take the change laying down and just waiting to hear that I've been cut. Polishing the resume and keeping my eyes and ears wide open!

Thank you again for your thoughts and response! :)

MaineGirl117

There's one more thing that just struck me that I found interesting. Don't know if I'm reading too much into things here, but I've been fascinated with the numerology perspective in Tarot recently.

The sum total of this reading, once the HP was drawn = 38 = 11 Justice. All the leg work on this idea happened last year in 2011.

We've got Justice and Death in the reading, effectively missing the Hanged Man in the sequence, but the year is 2012 - so maybe things won't change this year, but next year in 2013.

Don't know, after thoughts and probably too much coffee..