The Answer Deck - Vulnerable

Alissa

The fore image is that of a baby carriage, left unattended. The infant is unseen, but presumed inside. In the back ground are trees.

Boy... this card came up for a reading I did today and it spoke volumes.

A babe in the woods. Unguarded, unprotected, and innocent as to the possibility of danger all around you. Unable to protect yourself in the least.

It gives me the shivers. Maybe because I *do* live in the woods, and can image the harsh elements, the predators, and the unknown dangers that exist in such a climate.

Little Baron

Vulnerable

You say that this card gives you the shivers. Although new to this deck, that shiver kind of lingers through the whole pack. We don't know for certain that there is even a child in that pram, but something within us tells that a baby is alone in the woods and that it is vulnerable. I have just walked home; I am living with my parents in the countryside right now. It is absolutely pouring with rain and my clothes were completely drenched when I got in. Walking along (I walked half an hour out of my way to buy some cigarettes), there was nobody about. Not a single person in the early hours of the morning; just as there is nobody present in this card. There was moments when I could have felt vulnerable but I would have felt a whole lot more vulnerable if I was walking alone in the backstreets of the city where I usually live; would have felt more threatened. Instead, I ducked under the comfort of the trees for shelter as I walked. I always feel comforted by the trees and in this picture, they are present too.

When I look at this picture, I understand what I imagine to be the intent of the illustrator but the wheels on the pram seem to me as if they are moving, so however 'vulnerable' the inhabitant of the pram (if there is one) is, they will soon be somewhere else - like I am now - out of the rain and snuggled up in my duvet with a cigarette and my laptop. In that sense, for me, maybe it is a case of where you have been and appreciating the security of where you are now.

Little Baron

Too add - this is what seems to make this deck special - the fact that my interpretation, however different from yours, is still vaild. Also, the fact that on a different evening, a different outcome and generated feeling is just as feasible.

Wonderful deck - look forward to all of your insights.

Best wishes

Yaboot

lark

When I first saw this card it reminded me of the scene in Rosemary's Baby where Rosemary approches the baby pram and sees the devil baby for the first time.
And how helpless and vulnerable she was to stop what was going on.
I know I have a warped mind....

sunflowr

Yes! In fact, that looks like the poster advertising the movie! ;) And, Rosemary was also vulnerable.

lunakasha

lark said:
When I first saw this card it reminded me of the scene in Rosemary's Baby where Rosemary approches the baby pram and sees the devil baby for the first time.
And how helpless and vulnerable she was to stop what was going on.
I know I have a warped mind....

ME TOO!!! :D

Warped minds think alike....LOL!!!

Seriously though....I have just read all the posts here, and I agree with Yaboot....it is SO fascinating to hear how each of us may interpret the card differently....yet still experience the true meaning of the card. Vulnerability is an unmistakable feeling, you feel it in your gut....when I look at this card, it does give me shivers, whether I am picturing the scene from Rosemary's Baby or just imagining how it would feel to be isolated and afraid....

Thanks everyone....enjoyed your thoughts on this card!

:) Luna

Alissa

Different opinions make for more interesting and intuitive readings! The beauty of an oracle deck is there are no "right" answers. Yaboot's feelings and lark's and mine... they're all correct! :D

(I love the Rosemary's Baby idea... I hadn't come up with that one myself, but yeah... I can see it).

WooMonkey

Along similar lines, when I first saw the Vulnerable card I also thought of a baby horror movie--I think it was called "It". The only thing missing is a big claw coming out of the carriage.
I got a creepy feeling looking at it, instead of any feelings of vulnerability.

I guess maybe I'm in the warped category also...:)