Sirian Starseed Tarot anyone?

Debra

I'm skeptical of these cards. Of course many decks draw on mythology. I'm uneasy about those that try to insist the mythology is...really real, right now.

Doris Lessing, who won a Nobel Prize in Literature for her skills and imagination, wrote five science fiction books in the late 1970's-80's about "Sirian experiments," the manipulation of earth history by beings from Sirius. She's a wonderful writer and I enjoyed the books greatly.

So she made up some stories about Sirians. I'm not sure but aren't these the orgin of the new age belief in Sirian aliens with an active interest and involvement in human affairs?

Unlike L. Ron Hubbard, though, Lessing clearly did not intend her science fiction to be taken as revelations or hints at a great secret behind human existence.

Here's more information about Lessing's books at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sirian_Experiments and also there's a good entry under her name. She calls the series "space fiction" rather than "science fiction."

eta: I forgot about "The Sirius Mystery" in 1975 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sirius_Mystery
The idea here is that the Dogon people of Africa have a myth about Sirius that "seems" to "know" more about it than is visible to the naked eye, so of course their myth must contain knowledge passed down by actual Sirians. I don't know if Lessing used that as inspiration.

nicky

I somehow got this all muddled with a Golden Notebook tarot featuring indigo babies and free loving communists with major angst. Does it come with a lwb?

Winterchild

I guess I stand corrected; and here I was thinking it was just another piece of freaked-out new age shit for people with rice pudding for brains. Guess that told me where it's really at. Good to know.

Mags The Indigo Children I believe we were thinking of are from this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

Leastwise it was with me, and they are *new*, in fact as I said before they are what I would call *Old Souls*, they don't offend me in the least, I have three of them.... my oldest daughter is way older than me. I know this.

This is not to say that Krishna was not an Indigo...... there is nothing new about them, only as far as the author, Nancy Ann Tappe has discovered them as *new*.

If that makes sense..... Its kind of what came first the chicken or the road ;)

Alta

Doris Lessing, who won a Nobel Prize in Literature for her skills and imagination, wrote five science fiction books in the late 1970's-80's about "Sirian experiments," the manipulation of earth history by beings from Sirius. She's a wonderful writer and I enjoyed the books greatly.
Thanks for reminding me of these, I loved this series. Okay, I loved everything Doris Lessing ever wrote, and probably still have them all, buried in the 'second row' on my bookshelves somewhere.

I agree with Debra that all this cannot be all that new. There is a lot of channeled material around, and I wouldn't even get into L. Ron Hubbard.

misajidamoo

The use of chicken entrails can be a proper tool of divination to some albeit a
bit untidy for most. Menemonic device use is based on the observation that the
human mind more easily remembers spatial, personal, surprising, physical,
sexual, humorous, or otherwise 'relatable' information, rather than more
abstract or impersonal forms of information. How does say the Rider Waite deck
confer any more relatable substance then a commentary from a mainstream news
network? By agreement of a select population? So we the intelligentsia of
cutting edge dynamic divinatory Tarot practice must defend our personal
perception ruled by others opinions and works by entrenching against
extraordinary perception... uh ok. Sorry to challenge the Mindset here but these
cards the Sirian Starseed Tarot are a bit more attainable to me then the emperor of a more classical bent ruling the kingdom I somehow am a serf in, even in an election year. The strongest arguement for discention with this deck so far the color of children? Ok...

magpie9

Mags The Indigo Children I believe we were thinking of are from this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_children

Leastwise it was with me, and they are *new*, in fact as I said before they are what I would call *Old Souls*, they don't offend me in the least, I have three of them.... my oldest daughter is way older than me. I know this.

Its kind of what came first the chicken or the road ;)

I have nothing at all against Old Souls or Indigo children...I have everything against New Age Fanaticism and being told that some path is absolutely he right one for everyone, as indicated in someone's earlier post. I absolutely believe in old souls, and cherish them, tho I don't connect the description of Indigo Children with my experience of old souls. I just don't get that connection, especially from the wikipedia description. I have a 25 yo granddaughter diagnosed as Bi-Polar, Severe Attachment Disorder, sociopathic, and just plain contrary which seems to have done her no more harm or good than being called Indigo would have. I certainly would not define her as an old soul, unless old souls are here to wreck lives.
I am assuming your children are nothing like that, and may well be actual old souls and a blessing on all those around them.

gregory

I have a lot against the idea of Indigo Children - a concept which I think is often used as an excuse for children who are appallingly badly behaved. (If they ARE for real, though, I have one !) - and Crystal children even worse. Doris Lessing's series are wonderful though - and I KNOW she didn't mean to give birth to such a concept. I wish the deck were based on her work.

- I suppose it ISN'T ???

misajidamoo

I share your distaste for Fanaticism of any age; and as for the assumption of a path that is correct for everyone, perhaps when we collectively attain that grace the diviners of mystery, us, are out of business. My children are only humans subject to the tides and ebbs of life as we all are, sorry if this discussion has brought you discomfort in any manner, that was not my intention to strike personal chords of pain within others.

gregory

Heck no ! I just cannot buy into Indigo Children ! ALL children have amazing potential and I don't think there's a new and fabulous breed, is all.

I don't do discomfort or personal chords of pain, myself. :D No worries. Don't know about Mags... :D