Dreaming Way Tarot - 3 Pentacles

Tigerangel

What I see from that card is someone who can find success through creativity from the pain and hardships in their life, She looks like a painter to me with wearing that big white baggy shirt and having that bag of money fall on her head has given her an idea how to use the pain to create wealth.

My normal association to the 3 of Pentacles is of team work and working to build something with strong foundations but I don't get any of that from that card at all.

GrailSidhe

What I see from that card is someone who can find success through creativity from the pain and hardships in their life, She looks like a painter to me with wearing that big white baggy shirt and having that bag of money fall on her head has given her an idea how to use the pain to create wealth.

My normal association to the 3 of Pentacles is of team work and working to build something with strong foundations but I don't get any of that from that card at all.

Hey I didn't see the bag of money as "falling on her head" this helps. I kinda saw it as just her putting her up there and then poof, money comes rolling out, as in squandering it. Which is really not what the card is about to me at all..

Money falling on her head, that sounds more like in the right direction. I suppose, as the original card where you put your idea out to get funding, I suppose her idea did get the funds, falling on her head literally, but now she has to put the work, and she's probably thinking about how to do that. Got the money, how how do I make this actually happen...

Thanks alot :)

bogiesan

Thanks for the photos. I was not familiar with this deck, looks delightful.

GrailSidhe

Thanks for the photos. I was not familiar with this deck, looks delightful.

I might make a video review on this one, it really is a sweet deck :)

Serapis

This is my very non-traditional interpretation of the card in question. 3 of pents is often associated with work. In the modern world most people have an imbalanced relationship with work and time given to other areas/pursuits in their lives. This weighs heavily upon most. This is shown in the card by it being on top of her head, both in her thinking and its impact upon her physical being. The imbalance is perhaps also shown by the coins falling to the one side. Her unhappiness is evident in her body-language and expression. The work she does is to maintain the estate/house/home family pictured in the background.

Though I can see in the attachment you provided that the Page also has a symbol on her head. This may run through the deck. So to verify and confirm the above interpretation put forward it would be necessary to see the other themes and symbols and the way they've been portrayed to further confirm or deny my above words.

Jon

dreamingwitch

Thanks for this, Jon. Very insightful! This is a very interesting take on the card, indeed.

GrailSidhe

Yes Jon, thank you.. Much food for thought :)

EightWands

Ok I LOVE this deck! But this card drives me crazy. The woman looks disappointed, coins falling off the bag on her head. Usually this card shows a symbol of success, of achievement, accolades and popcorn, conception. But here? I need help understanding this one..

Card can be seen here: http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=59711&d=1349733996

Notice the bag is on her head.. and she's wearing a painters smock .. so Im thinking she has some creative *ideas* and they have yielded some pretty nice returns in the form of money. So much money in fact, that it's just spilling out because the bag is so full! ;) As someone else pointed out, maybe the ideas are for art based on some painful life memories and she is reliving those memories to put it out into the world (like maybe a painting or novel or script).

I have yet to order this deck but Im thinking of it! I love the art except there are a few cards that leave me scratching my head. That 3 of pentacles was one of them.

happyfish

I have this deck as well (it's lovely) and I've also been perplexed by the 3 of Pentacles. Here's what the LWB says for the upright card: "There are benefits now, but they are insubstantial and temporary, competent but not expert."

As someone else mentioned, this is not the only character in this deck balancing something on their head. I know the Page of Cups does as well. My interpretation is that the balancing on the head thing is this decks way of conveying the 'competent but not expert' concept.