Hellenistic Astrology

Minderwiz

In which cases we profect from another house? I didn’t quite get it.

I have kept to simply profecting your Ascendant, as this is the most important point in your chart. It is possible to use this same method to profect from any house or any planet. So, for example, you could profect from the Seventh House or from Sun or Moon or Venus (or anything else). Whether these will be equally effective is debatable. Lilly used profections but kept it to Ascendant, MC, Sun, Moon and Lot of Fortune. It seems the Hellenistic Astrologers, were a little bit more adventurous - or at least Vettius Valens was.

Ronia said:
I didn’t understand about the remainder. My current year can not be divided by 12. I know it’s a Capricorn year because I see my Capricorn Ascendant but the number of the year can not be divided by 12. I’m missing something.

Firstly, as you mention Aphesis later on, I better make it clear that it doesn't do profections. It's for the zodiacal releasing that I'll do in my next full post.

If you installed Morinus (which is free) you will find that it does profections, both as a table and as chart.

For profections take your age last birthday and add 1. This gives you your current year of life. By definition a current year has not been completed, so if you were 30 last birthday, you would be currently in your 31st year (which is the relevant year for your marriage). Divide 31 by 12 and you get 2 remainder 7 (don't convert the 7 to a decimal fraction). It is the remainder that is used in profections, the '2' simply indicates that you have already had 2 complete cycles of the zodiac. The '7' indicates that you are at the 7th Whole Sign House, from the Ascendant - your 7th House is the Sign of Cancer. That sign is active during the whole year, but may well become more active in a Cancer month, or a Cancer day. It is only likely that something will happen if it is triggered by a relevant transit.

This Cancer year started from your Birthday in 2005 - all profected years start on your birthday, strictly speaking from the anniversary of your time of birth. So when I say that 1975 was a Cancer year, that year did not start on the 1st January 1975 but your birthday in October.

Ronia said:
This all fits nicely, yes. I didn’t marry in another country but to a man who was from another country. I just had the ceremony at my own city. I only don’t understand how to profect the month and day. Or should I rely on the program you gave us?

Just to repeat, Aphesis is used for the next section on Zodiacal Releasing.

The simplest way of calculation for month and day is as follows:

The first month of the year is the same 'sign' as the year as a whole. So in a Cancer year the first month is a Cancer month - in your case from your birthday in October till the same day in November (up to your time of birth). The rest of the signs follow in zodiacal order so that the last month (up to your birthday in 2006 will be a Gemini month.

The days of each month start from the sign of the month, i.e. in a Cancer month the first day is a Cancer day. In a Gemini month the first day is a Gemini day. The days run in sequence from that first day. As there are more than 12 days in a month the sequence will repeat twice during the month.

Note that when a month ends, the day sequence ends and leaps to the sign of the new month. When a year ends, the monthly sequence ends and leaps to the sign of the new year. So in October 2006 on your birthday the month sign switched from Gemini to Leo as you started a Leo year.

That system can be easily worked out by hand but it arguably has some problems. The first is the Gemini to Leo issue mentioned above. Morinus allows you to overcome this by selecting a '13 step' period. I have not used that in the previous post.

There are some discrepencies depending on how accurately you measure the passage of a year and the conversion from Egyptian measurements of time into modern measurements. For example if you take a year as 365 days you will get slightly different results than if you take it as 365.25 days and even that will produce slightly different results from the more accurate 365.24172 days. The more accurate you try to be the more issues of scaling the length of a day you will run into. I'd say Morinus is accurate enough for years and months, though it does not attempt to give you the precise hours that each day of the year starts.

When do we profect from a planet? Is it a matter of choice or we should always do it? And why not profect from the Moon as a ruler of the 7th, do we always take the traditional meanings of the planet when we decide where to profect from (instead of the rulerships in the particular chart)?

Ronia said:
Did they oppose the Moon?

Mercury had just completed its opposition to Mars (just over a degree of separation)

Venus was retrograde and was in an applying opposition to your natal Moon (less than a degree of separation)

Ronia said:
You mean 2012, right? Or if you didn't mean 2012, does it mean now I'm in an Aquarius year? Does this Ascendant differ from the SR Ascendant?

I mean the year beginning in October 2011 (on your birthday) and running up to October 2012 (your next birthday). The August and September in question would therefore be August and September 2012.

In Ocotober 2012 your profected Ascendant moved into Aquarius.

There is no connection between the SR Ascendant and your profected Ascendant.

Ronia said:
Gemini is also about communication, wouldn’t that be a factor? Since the whole issue has been around communication (or lack of it)? And, I wrote before, the time when the Sun enters Virgo (containing natal Venus) each year as well as the time when Venus returns to its natal positions are always significant in my life. By the way, the man is a Virgo with heavy Cancer influence. I also met my ex husband in late August too. I think it was the last day of August actually. Does it mean I should pay closer attention to Venus?

The Mercury overtones of communication issues may indeed apply and you might find that some Mercury days or months these are to the fore.

Gemini and Virgo will always have some significance for relationships as they contain your Lot of Marriage and Venus respectively. Mars too will have significance because natally it lies in your seventh House. Whether or not it actually has significance would depend on the profections in force.

As I understand it, a day might seem to be quite propitious for relationships but if there's no relevant transit then nothing will happen. Conversely I assume that if there is a transit but there's no profection in force, then also nothing significant will happen. The Hellenistic system requires both. Profections though are more important than transits (as are any other Time Lord system).

Ronia said:
OK, so it all fits when we look at past events. How do we predict? Looking for times when the same significators will be activated? Is the program you gave us the tool for this? I haven’t tried predicting with it yet. (this man was a Venus sign with Virgo Ascendant, a pattern, no?)

Yes, the past pattern would help in predictions.

To predict you'd be pushing your profections forward in time and looking for likely active periods - that seems to be periods which are related to Cancer (your seventh), Gemini and Virgo (Lot of Marriage and Venus) (Scorpio and Aries- natal Mars in the seventh) and possibly Taurus (your natal fifth house) In all cases you would be looking for supporting transits.

Ronia said:
Considering this year is a Saturn one (Ascendant Capricorn or Aquarius, I'm not sure yet since I don't know if it's the same as the SR Ascendant) it doesn't look like a good romance year. But since he's ruling the 1st and 2nd (whole sign) rather looks like a year for myself (or on my own) and possibly financial dealings (on top of that he's in the 8th). How do I see if romance is on the cards this year? Can the month and day play a role despite the Saturnian rulership?

This year is an Aquarius year (see above)

Yes the overall flavour of the year comes from Saturn and being Aquarius is perhaps generally concerned with income. That doesn't mean that you won't have any romantic activity at all. You are currently in a Gemini month and March 27th sees the beginning of a Cancer month.

Now Gemini is your sixth House so significations could be simply to do with health or it could have signification for Communications, through it's Mercury rulership, especially as Mercury is currently transiting your third House (though he is currently Retrograde) and he's about to perfect a conjunction with Venus (today). Whether that is a good omen or not remains to be seen. Today is an Aries day for you, and Mars is also in the third house, aspecting your natal Moon in an applying trine.

Now that might simply signify that Romance is on your mind and that you are communicating about it - here on Aeclectic for example - rather than you will receive the answer you've been looking for to your letter.

My point though is that Saturn as a year ruler does not automatically rule out anything to do with romance.

Ronia said:
P.S. I tried to do something with this Aphesis and I don't understand anything. Where do I enter my birth date and how do I know which sign to start from? It's very confusing and the Help doesn't work with Vista. Also, it doesn't show months and dates Lords, it shows Major and Sub. Some of them longer, some shorter.

I'll deal with Aphesis in my next post.

Ronia

Minderwiz, thanks a lot! It's all much clearer now and I'll start doing some profections to try and see where it goes! I'll wait till the next post for the Aphesis. :)

WandsyQueen92

and the Ruler of the Sect Light. That leaves three planets remaining:

Mars

Mars is the in-sect Malefic and is placed in Pisces, the fourth Place along with Venus.

Mars is thus in an angular House, and he is Rising and Direct and in the place of a sectmate (the exaltation of Venus) Mars is thus quite strongly placed by Fitness.

He is not angular in a quadrant system and has no phase changes with the Sun but he is in his own Trigon (Mars is a Triplicity Ruler for Water)

He is in a succedent House relative to Fortune but is separated from the Moon and in a bi-coporeal Sign (Pisces) which does not promise a lot for completion.

Mars has an opposition to Jupiter (already covered) and a conjunction by sign with Venus. This is seen as a positive relationship, though the two are quite far apart.

Venus

Venus is in her own exaltation of Pisces and angular in the fourth. She is also rising and direct, so in terms of 'Fitness' she is stronger than Saturn.

Venus is in her own Trigon, being one of the Triplicity Lords of the Ascendant but does not make any phase changes with the Sun, around your date of birth. She is in the succedent house to the Lot of Fortune but is separated from the Moon and being in also being in a bi-coropreal sign her contribution to completion is low. As Energy and Completion are not matters we shall look at in later stages, her condition can be said to be good.

She has a conjunction by sign with Mars, and also an opposition to Jupiter, both of which have been considered.

Sun

The Sun is the out of Sect Light. The Sun is placed in Aries, in the fifth Place from the Ascendant. Aries is the sign of the Sun's Exaltation, so in terms of Fitness, he is in a Succedent House and in his own place.

He is angular in a quadrant system and in his own Trigon (The Sun is a Triplicity Ruler for the Fire Signs) The Sun is in a cadent house from Fortune, but has a separating aspect from the Moon (still in force) and is in a Cardinal Sign. As I'm principally concerned with its Fitness score. The Sun scores highly too.

The Sun's aspects are sextiles to Moon and Saturn, both of which have been covered.

There are three strong planets in your chart, Saturn by Sign and Venus and Sun by exaltation. of these Venus is angular in a Whole Sign chart whereas the Sun is angular in a quadrant system, such as Placidus, or the Hellenistic systems of Porphyry and Alcabitus. So those two are likely to be your principal sources of strength but the Saturn/Moon?Fortune trio are also likely to be important. It's something of a pity that one or other of these in not your Ascendant Ruler, though Venus does aspect it (Jupiter) if only by opposition.

Can you also give me a topic area for the Stage 3 reading, as Stage 2 is not far away.

So sorry i forgot to check up on this till now :)

And i would like to know how my love and finaces will go according to my chart? Is that possible to know ??? Lol

WandsyQueen92

Your Ascendant is in Sagittarius, and the Sun is below the horizon in the fifth house, so this is a nocturnal birth. Your Ascendant ruler is Jupiter which is placed in the tenth House in Virgo, ruled by Mercury. The first steps are to examine each of these two planets.

Jupiter

Jupiter is strongly placed in the tenth House using Whole Sign Houses, and Jupiter is Rising (free from the Sun's beams) but Jupiter is Retrograde, and is in none of its own dignities, though being in the Decan of the Sun, it is in the place of a sectmate. Its overall fitness level is reduced through retrogradation and having little dignity to act well. It is also the out of sect benefic, as this is a nocturnal chart.

Jupiter is in a 'Foreign Trigon', meaning that it is not one of the Triplicity Rulers for the Earth Triplicity and it does not make any phase changes with the Sun around your birthday. In a quadrant house system Jupiter would show up in the ninth house, if you used a quadrant system, so it is not near an astronomical angle. This suggests that Jupiter has low energy.

Jupiter is in the eighth House from the Lot of Fortune, and whilst this is a succedent house, there may be issues of Jupiter contributing to your overall health and fortune. Jupiter is separated from the Moon (not in either an applying or separating aspect with her) and in a bicorporeal (mutable) sign, which tend not to be associated with the ability to see things through.

both Rhetorius and Firmicus say that Jupiter in the tenth by night makes honourable and handsome people but ones who may fall victim to being cheated. Firmicus goes on to say that in Virgo it produces courteious, well bred, modest, succesful and faithful people.

Jupiter makes only two aspects, it has oppositions to Mars and Venus, which are placed in the fourth Sign/House of Pisces. Jupiter and Mars in opposition may produced unstable lives and possible disagreements with friends. Jupiter opposed to Venus may adversely affect advancement and promotion. There may be troubles with friends but income is always ikely to increase, modestly.

Mercury

Mercury is placed in Aries in the fifth House. It is in a succedent House but is Retrograde and under the Sun's beams, it is therefore neither Direct, nor Rising (that is it is not visible in the sky). It does rise above the Horizon before the Sun, and so it is classified as being a Diurnal planet (if it sets after the Sun, it is classified as nocturnal). Mercury is in the Bounds of Jupiter, so it is in the place of a sectmate. In a quadrant house chart, Mercury would be within 5 degrees of the IC, in the third house, so it qualifies as being 'goaded to action' and it has a helical rising one week after you were born. so it is quite busy at this period. It is in a Foreign Trigon, as Mercury has no dignity in the Fire Triplicity.

Mercury is in a cadent House relative to the Lot of Fortune, and is in a separating aspect from the Moon. Mercury is in Aries which is a Cardinal sign. These are at best middling postions relative to completion and seeing things through. Mercury's main problems though are that it is under the beams and retrograde and has no real essential dignity.

Mercury in the fifth is good for making money and long lived and blessed children, when in a Morning rising. At the time of birth, Mercury is astronomically rising before the Sun but cannot be seen, but I don't see any reason to modify those statements much if at all. Mercury in Aries Mercury makes two aspects, both of them are sextiles to planets in Aquarius. As these are earlier in the zodiac than Mercury in all cases they will tend to overcome Mercury (they are the stronger side of the sextile)

Mercury's sextiles are to Saturn and Moon. The waning Moon moving towards Mercury can be a sign of indecision. i.e. difficulties making up your mind. Saturn is in it's own sign of Aquarius, and though it is the out of sect malefic, it might act as a stabilising influnece, if not always for the good.

Moon

Moon is the Sect Light and is in the third House of Aquarius, ruled by Saturn and in the Bounds of Jupiter. The Moon is waning, that is it's power is diminishing. In the Bounds of Jupiter it makes the native prosperous, successful and respectable when it is Full, but when waning, it can indicate some misfortunes if care is not taken. As with Saturn the Moon is conjunct the Lot of Fortune and so it may well play an important role in taking advantages of opportunities and avoiding threats.

It is not strongly placed as it's in a cadent house, but it does aspect the Ascendant and the ruler of the Lot of Fortune (Saturn). It has no dignity in Aquarius, nor is it in any of the dignities of a sectmate. It is quite low on Energy but it strong on Completion being with the Lot of Fortune and also being in a Fixed sign.

The Moon is conjunct by sign to Saturn. Indeed it's conjunction with Saturn is close, being less than three degrees. Often the Moon with Saturn was seen as rendering the native prone to fears, usually exaggerated or unfounded. Here Saturn is dignified, so I don't see this as being particularly threatening. Even so, you might need to watch any tendencey to worry without reason., or to feel threatened.

The Moon also sextiles Mercury (already coverd) and the Sun. This can indicated rewards and good fortune, which are more likely to show up if the Moon is waxing and both are free from aspects with malefics and well placed in the chart. I don't think your chart is strong enough to draw this conclusion but this aspect is going to a t least have a positive effect.

Saturn

The last planet I'll deal with in Part 1 is Saturn, as it is the ruler of the Sect Light and also ruler of the Lot of Fortune. Saturn is in his own sign of Aquarius and positioned in the third House. He aspects the Ascendant, but the third house is cadent. Saturn is Rising and Direct but is not particularly energetic (not angular and has no phase change with the Sun but is in his own Trigon). Being with the Lot of Fortune and in Fixed Sign gives Saturn strong powers of completion and he is in aspect with the Moon withing three degrees.

Saturn is conjunct with Moon, Saturn's conjunction with the Moon has already been mentioned. He also sextiles Mercury which has also been mentioned. Saturn's other aspect is a sextile to the Sun in Aries. In a day chart this is a good aspect, promising promotions during the career and some fame. The same seems to be true of a nocturnal birth but whereas in a day chart it also promises good fortune for the native's parents, here it is supposed to indicate that the native may have to help their parents out by drawing on their own resources. Being in a nocturnal chart, and the out of sect malefic, Saturn is supposed to be the main cause of your problems. Here he is at least in his own sign. So I would not see him as particularly malefic but he might still be a little quirky.

Part 2 to follow

Did you mean, the way Jupiter is set up in my chart ill get cheated on? Cos thats my biggest fear. Thats why i tend to have trust issues w guys. And worry about it
The men in my family havent been that faithful . So its something that i get really on the defensive about

WandsyQueen92

In your chart both Sun and Moon are below the horizon, the Sun in the fifth and the Moon in the third. Whilst it is a nocturnal chart, the Moon's position is worse than that of the Sun, as the fifth house is a succedent one and the third is a cadent house.

Porphyry says:

In general, whichever Light is closer to the pivots will be assigned as the Ultimate Ruler, then the Light that is nearer to the East and then the Light of Sect. If both the Sun and Moon are descending, then the Ascendant is chosen by default'

Delphic Oracle reports that the Predominator (Ultimate Ruler) is uncertain here. I think from Porphyry's statement that he would probably pick the Sun because it is in a succedent house. It is only 8 degrees away from the fourth Whole Sign House and it is actually conjunct the Astronomic IC, so it is angular in a quadrant system. What's more it is in exaltation in Aries, so I'm going to take the Sun as the Ultimate Ruler.

Incidentally these decisions only seem to be required in nocturnal charts, In diurnal charts the Sun is above the horizon by definition and even close to setting, it will be angular.

Taking the Sun would make Mars the Sign Ruler (I have used the analogy of the Managing Director) and the co-ruler will be Venus, as she rules the Bounds in which the Sun is placed.

If I had taken this as a case which was so uncertain that the Ascendant had to be used, this would give Jupiter the role of the MD and Mercury the role of the co-ruler.

Whichever I had chosen, Jupiter is still the 'helmsman' of the ship, as the ruler of the Ascendant, and as he's in the Tenth House, he is configured to the Ascendant.

The Lot of Fortune (the external environment, which affects you) is in the third House, ruled by Saturn, which conjoins it. Both are configured to the Ascendant, so your ability to take advantage of opportunities and avoid threats, is high. You should be able to use whatever befalls you for your own ends - even if it is not a particularly pleasant event at the time.

The last section here is the Trigon Lords. Schmidt takes these as the Trigon Lords of the Sect Light. The Moon is in Aquarius in a nocturnal chart and the nocturnal Trigon Lords for Air, are Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter. I must admit that this makes little real sense, if the Sun is going to be used as the Ultimate Ruler, as that would give Trigon Lords of Jupiter, Sun and Saturn. Jupiter and Saturn are common to both but they are placed differently in the order.

So if I were to use the Moon this would give

Mercury - Succedent House - good first period

Saturn - Cadent House - not so good middle period

Jupiter - Angular House - Really good last period

If I use the Sun I get:

Jupiter - Angular House - Really good first period

Sun - Succednet House - Good second period

Saturn - Cadent House - not very good last period.

I must admit that I can see no real way to choose between these two sets, at my current state of knowledge. As Schmidt knows more about it that I do, I suppose the Moon's Trigon Lords should be chosen.

Which planet would be taken as Supireme Ruler (Chairman of the Board) is clearly difficult in these circumstances.

If I were choosing in a non-Hellenistic context, I'd go for Saturn, as overall it has the most essential and accidental dignities combined. However Saturn has not really figured in the above analysis. Saturn is the ruler of the Sect Light though (the Moon) and would also figure strongly if I had gone for the Moon as Ultmate Ruler.

Second on my list would be Jupiter, who has figured in the Hellenistic analysis and would feature strongly if I used the Ascendant as the default instead of choosing the Sun. Jupiter also comes out top on Morinus' calculation.

Third would be Mars, which would figure strongly in the Hellenistic calculation if I went for the Sun as Ultimate Ruler.

On Schmidt's criteria of Fitness, Saturn is Rising, Direct, in it's own Place, but is in a cadent House.

Jupiter is Rising, Retrograde, in the Place of a Sectmate, but is angular

Mars is Rising and Direct, in the Place of a Sectmate and angular

This is a very difficult choice, and as I'm new to the area, I think it has to lie between Saturn and Jupiter. I think the only way to settle which it is, would be through seeing which played/plays/will play the greatest role in your astrological life.

Perhaps we might get some clues from Stages 3 and 4 :)

Can you give me a topic area for the next stage.

Omg i hope Jupiter is my Ruler lol i do tend to have alot of good luck, that end bad (saturn)
Ive been in a real rough patch these 2 years and barely recovering from them.
I knew Saturn had a role in this i thought it must have been strong in the alignments.

Does Saturn just bring all bad luck or Karma ? :p

Minderwiz

Zodiacal Releasing for Ronia

For this post I'll repeat the investigation into those three dates, but this time using Zodiacal Releasing, to see if it works as well.

For Prifections, I recommend using Morinus but for ZR, this is where you use Aphesis.

ZR is a technique that we only know from the work of Vettius Valens, but the way he treats it suggests it was more widely used. The first thing to do is choose a starting point for 'releasing'.

Valens uses the Lots of Fortune and Spirit as 'releasing points' but it is clear that the method could be used with other starting points. Fortune is an indicator of what befalls you, the influences from the external environment, so to speak. As that includes other people it would seem to be a good starting point. Chirs Brennan has also tried the technique with the Lot of Eros, which is related to relationships in a general sense. I've also used it with the Lot of Marriage.

ZR from Fortune

Your Lot of Fortune lies in the tenth House, the Sign of Libra. In Aphesis enter your date of birth using the drop down boxes provided. You can enter the time too, though I don't think that plays any role in the exercise.

Next clear any listing in the main box to the right by clicking on the 'Clear List' button. If there is no listing this button is greyed out. In the General Periods box, alter the number using the arrows to 4 (or simply type it in). In the 'Start Releasing from' dropdown box choose 'Libra'.

The default date listing uses the US format of mm/dd/yyyy but you can change this to 'European' to get dd/mm/yyyy if you prefer (oddly the designer is not aware that this format is used everywhere else in the world, not just Europe).

The last preliminary adjustment is to ensure that the Radio button in 'Loose Bond in Major is showing 'Always' (More on that later)

All of these settings except for the 'Start Releasing from' box will remain unchanged from now on.

You can now click on 'List Periods' and the right hand pane will now fill with your ZR releasing dates for Level 1 (L1) and Level 2 (L2).

Scroll down the list till you reach a Sagittarius Level 1 period which starts on 28 June 1998. This is a Jupiter period and will last for 12 years (if you look down the list you will see that the next L1 period is a Capricorn one starting 26/4/2010 - the one that you are in now) So you married during this Sagittarius L1 period. Sagittarius is actually your twelfth House, so again this is not a promising start - it's the House of Bad Spirit. However your Lot of Marriage lies in Sagittarius, so it must carry some signification for romantic events. You should understand that a twelfth House period is not unremittingly bad, at all . There will be good periods within those twelve years, but looking back you might feel that it was a period in which the balance or tone was not really to your advantage - taken as a whole. Remember that the period is ruled by Jupiter and at the beginning Jupiter was transiting Pisces, so the start of the period should be good.

Scroll down the Level 2 periods to the Aries sub period which began on 21 February 2005. This Level 2 period lasted till May 2006 and includes your wedding. Aries is your fourth House of home and family. It's ruler Mars, is natally placed in your seventh House, and is activated for the whole of that Level 2 period. At the beginning of the period Mars was transiting your first House. Mars is in exaltation in Capricorn, so this would have been a month to six weeks when it was functioning in a very constructive manner. Mars is opposing your seventh house, having opposed it's natal position but now separated form natal Mars. Was there any tension around this time between your own personal needs (and possibly work needs as Jupiter was transiting your tenth house) and romance? - for example, not finding sufficient time for both?

If you double click on this entry, you should find a second box opens, with the Level 3 and Level 4 periods. Scrolling down that list you should find a Scorpio Level 3/4 period beginning on 5 December 2005. This is now a Mars L2/L3/L4 period and Mars is now transiting your fifth House of Good Fortune. From here it is sextiling your seventh House, so any conflict between your own needs and romance has been reconciled. Jupiter is now transiting your eleventh house, from where it casts a trine to your seventh. Both rulers of the overall period are now favourably aspecting your seventh house. Mars is also in close sextile with the transiting Moon.

On 3 January 2006, the L3 Period becomes a Cancer period, covering your wedding day. and now activating the Moon both by transits and through it's sign transits.

From the Lot of Marriage

It's not quite as clear a picture as from the profections, but it does fit. Now I wouldn't particularly choose Fortune as the best indicator of marriage, so perhaps we should look elsewhere.

Clear the list and have a look at your Lot of Marriage. Change the 'Start Releasing' box to Sagittarius. You will find a Capricorn Level 1 period (focus on you) beginning in 25 August 1987 scroll down to a Cancer sub period (L2) beginning on 23 December 2004 and lasting till mid January 2007. During this Cancer period you got married.

Loosing the Bond

This concept is not completely understood. We know what happens and how it comes about but we don't know why it comes about. Valens does not explain.

If you examine the previous L2 period you will see that it is a Sagittarius period. The sequence has moved from Sagittarius not to Capricorn but to Cancer, it's opposite sign. This is what is called Loosing The Bond. Valens clearly used a process of allowing Level 2 and lower periods to last a maximum of 12 signs in sequence before shifting the next same level period to the opposite sign to the one that should have been next in sequence. Why he did this, he did not explain, Schmidt surmises that it was something to do with having to have the full sequence of signs but once that had been done the obligation to continue was dropped.

The new sequence from Cancer runs for the rest of the Level 2 periods until a new major period begins with Aquarius. Delphic Oracle deals with it slightly differently. It declares this new Cancer period not only a Level 2 period but also a new Level 1 period, seeing out the remainder of what would have been the Capricorn period. Whilst the same subsequent L2, L3 and L4 periods occur in exactly the same order, the new L1 period has the effect of emphasising Cancer, as now you got married in a double Cancer period (L1 & L2). Loosing the Bond is something special, it creates important circumstances in your life - in this case marriage.

ZR from the Lot of Marriage, works well identifying that something special is going to happen during the period from the very end of December through to January 2007. It would be tempting to conclude you got married at the end of December 2004 as it also has a Cancer L3/L4,. But if you look at the level 3/4 periods you will see that there's another Loosing of the Bond, starting with Cancer L3/L4 in mid December 2005 (just over two weeks before you got married). That L3 period did last till 17/1/2006 so your wedding occured in a Cancer/Cancer/Cancer period. For your wedding day, the L4 period was Capricorn - a first house day, focusing on you - the bride. I don't know whether the Christmas and New Year period affected your choice of wedding day, but if you originally hoped to get married between 17 December and 21st December you would have had all 4 levels as Cancer.

As it was you had Cancer and Capricorn active and you had Mercury Sun and Venus in Capricorn, Moon in Pisces and Mars is Taurus (its Detriment) opposing Jupiter in Scorpio (Jupiter ruling the Lot of Marriage).

Minderwiz

Omg i hope Jupiter is my Ruler lol i do tend to have alot of good luck, that end bad (saturn)
Ive been in a real rough patch these 2 years and barely recovering from them.
I knew Saturn had a role in this i thought it must have been strong in the alignments.

Does Saturn just bring all bad luck or Karma ? :p

Saturn is not necessarily unlucky or unfortunate. It can be quite a positive influence as it is the planet of order, system, structure, careful behaviour and thinking carefully before you act.

In your case you have Saturn in Aquarius, one of it's own signs Your Saturn/Moon conjunction can be an issue though. The Moon is instinctual, it's acting from feeling (not emotional feeling) whereas Saturn likes to ponder and think things through. A badly dignified or placed Saturn, can be a pain - it can be fearful, resistant to change, unwilling to act. Rejecting as a first reaction.

Jupiter is seen as the planet of 'luck' but your Jupiter is Retrograde and in Detriment. I think if it was me, I'd take Saturn. Yes he's not exciting and is never seen out partying like Jupiter and Venus but he's got a sensible head on his shoulders a lot of self discipline and just the right attitude to succeed, whilst the other two are clubbing. LOL

daphne

I love your analysis!

I wonder, though, if it is possible to analyse a disclosed date, so I can have the chart in front of me to look at. I am extremely new to astrology, and I cannot follow a discussion without a graph. Just a thought...

WandsyQueen92

Saturn is not necessarily unlucky or unfortunate. It can be quite a positive influence as it is the planet of order, system, structure, careful behaviour and thinking carefully before you act.

In your case you have Saturn in Aquarius, one of it's own signs Your Saturn/Moon conjunction can be an issue though. The Moon is instinctual, it's acting from feeling (not emotional feeling) whereas Saturn likes to ponder and think things through. A badly dignified or placed Saturn, can be a pain - it can be fearful, resistant to change, unwilling to act. Rejecting as a first reaction.

Jupiter is seen as the planet of 'luck' but your Jupiter is Retrograde and in Detriment. I think if it was me, I'd take Saturn. Yes he's not exciting and is never seen out partying like Jupiter and Venus but he's got a sensible head on his shoulders a lot of self discipline and just the right attitude to succeed, whilst the other two are clubbing. LOL

Lol im not a big clubber!! Haha i wait till im balanced
I like to work and Play hard.
But i was more uptight before where i would depend on my finacial stability alot . So when i wouldnt have my own income i would punish myself and not have my play time :p
But after so many losses im having my fun now but yes still being careful.
I act more my age now (20) i just feel more balanced in my thoughts feelings feel more aligned :)

Ronia

Minderwiz, I'm not sure I get it since we are still at past events and I'm not sure about predictions but I took from your previous post my Lots of Marriage:

3 of the in Sagittarius
1 in Gemini
1 in Aries
1 in Libra

and I get the impression I should look at Jupiter, Mercury, Mars and Venus for possible romantic development. However, it seems a bit too much for me because chances are at least one of these planets will be in aspect to a natal related to romance/marriage, if not more. For example, Jupiter is now transiting my sixth whole house but it's my fifth in Placidus and I've felt it as fifith, so I'm not sure how much the whole house aplies... By the way, to answer your questions, the Jupiter period that started in 1998 didn't feel like 12 house at all and it was a good one, overall, there were setbacks and failures but overall it was good. Some of the happiest events in my life happened during this time. And no, I had no problem balancing career and personal life.

So... I noticed I am now in double Saturn - Capricorn and Aquarius, these are 1 and 2 house. Me and income. But it may be me and values which includes relationships. And my last romantic development happened in namely this double Saturn period and I see the end of August has been Leo (Saturn is in Leo and it was a very 8th house experience, smittening) and Virgo (not only the man is Virgo but Venus is there too and he is foreigner). I take this to mean that Saturn can also play a role which makes the whole story even more complicated. I'm currently in Cancer L3 and my natal Moon is aspected by transit by Mars, will be by Mercury and Venus but this happens every year two for Mars), again not sure how significant it could be.

I'm currently in Capricorn L4, to be replaced by Aquarius on March 10th, just a day before a New Moon in my 8/2nd house (Placidus). I'll play the lottery, juct in case. :) But romantically, I don't know how to predict. May be towards the end of the month, starting from 22nd when the L4 will be Taurus...