The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

gregory

Fantastic news - I love Wild Spirit - bookmarking the thread :)

Sulis

I don't say this very often these days but I really like the look of this too..

WhiteWolfy

I have had a reply. :) Poppy is now aware that there is very real interest in this deck, and I think with our energy and support will be re-kindling it. It looks to good not to see the light of day IMO.

Davina

That's great news that you heard back from Poppy and now she knows there's interest in her deck, i hope it will spur her along to complete it. Thanks :)

strings of life

OMG The High Priestess is wearing Dr Martens... I'm hooked.
This statement made me click on the link :laugh:. They are back in fashion, well wait, never really went out of it for some of us ;).
OMG... the Everyday Tarot is the type of deck I have been waiting YEARS to see. Every single image made my heart have a wee beat for sure.
Me too!
I have had a reply. :) Poppy is now aware that there is very real interest in this deck, and I think with our energy and support will be re-kindling it. It looks to good not to see the light of day IMO.

Davina
Great news!
Fantastic news - I love Wild Spirit - bookmarking the thread :)
Ditto! Watching thread eagerly!

I don't have many decks on my wish list, so I'm looking forward to seeing this project come to fruition.

InkyAlchemy

Commenting so I can follow the thread. I'm sold on the Death card alone - so beautifully done!

VGimlet

I really like it too.

I'm always hoping for a deck that is a bit more modern, and I've always liked her decks. Going on my watch list as well.

BodhiSeed

I've not seen many tarot decks that have been able to successfully pull off a "modern, everyday" theme (in my opinion), but I think Poppy may have hit the mark with this one!:)

shadowdancer

Guys, you have no idea how much this will mean to Poppy. She thought it was going to go no further due to not having much by way of response when feelers were put out on her behalf.

I have sent her the link to this forum to show her that it has indeed piqued a lot of positive interest.

BodhiSeed, you are right. There are few and far between modern decks out there, and I for one would welcome any that represent issues I face as well as those I read for, whilst staying true to a recognisable system. That Fool and Devil card just by way of example have nailed it. :)

herself

I've not seen many tarot decks that have been able to successfully pull off a "modern, everyday" theme (in my opinion), but I think Poppy may have hit the mark with this one!:)

I agree - so many look rather naff. This one looks awesome :D

rwcarter

I'd buy that for many reasons, not the least of which is I'm a knitter and she got the needles right in the 2 Wands! You'd be surprised how many drawn images have the person holding the needles upside down in a way that wouldn't allow them to knit anything....