My Crystal Ball

stonesatiety

G: Your crystal ball is gathering a fan club! It's like walking with my Akita.

Lots of cool and funny comments and info for gazing. One of my spheres is super clear quartz with some veils and rainbows. The name it gave me is Flower (as in a femaile Fower Child). One day I held Flower admiring her (using this to show that I feel female presence in the sphere) as usual, when the sun beaming through the window burned my hand. Ouch! Flower warned me not only to avoid leaving her in direct sunlight, but to never look through any transparent sphere in direct sunlight. Interior angles we can't see refract the light at various angles. (Flower was cut from a Lemurian crystal.) Hold up a crystal and let the sun shine on the walls for a demonstration.

Yours looks like fine crystal. Does it bend light? I'm curious.

Have you asked your crystal ball for a name? Sometimes I get names, other times not, but it's always fun. Another fun aspect of Flower is that in the dark she gathers and amplifies light to an amazing degree, usually glowing unless it becomes almost pitch black. Maybe your sphere does this?

I've mainly used my spheres for healing/consciousness work and just goofing around. There's something special about spherical beings. Well, we live on one! What just came to me is that your sphere may like to dream with you. You could place it on a dresser and ask it to dream with you tonight. If the energy keeps you awake it could sit in another room and dream with you anyway.

I look forward to reading more of your adventures. I'll try to take some pics to share.

GotH

G: Your crystal ball is gathering a fan club! It's like walking with my Akita.

Lots of cool and funny comments and info for gazing. One of my spheres is super clear quartz with some veils and rainbows. The name it gave me is Flower (as in a femaile Fower Child). One day I held Flower admiring her (using this to show that I feel female presence in the sphere) as usual, when the sun beaming through the window burned my hand. Ouch! Flower warned me not only to avoid leaving her in direct sunlight, but to never look through any transparent sphere in direct sunlight. Interior angles we can't see refract the light at various angles. (Flower was cut from a Lemurian crystal.) Hold up a crystal and let the sun shine on the walls for a demonstration.
That sounds fascinating! I'm going to try this...

Yours looks like fine crystal. Does it bend light? I'm curious.
I don't know yet. I haven't had time to just sit and get to know it yet. Very soon though and I'll be sure to let you know...

Have you asked your crystal ball for a name? Sometimes I get names, other times not, but it's always fun. Another fun aspect of Flower is that in the dark she gathers and amplifies light to an amazing degree, usually glowing unless it becomes almost pitch black. Maybe your sphere does this?
Ooooh I get a name? :) I'll be sure to give you a report on whether it does amplify light or glow. That sounds really exciting.

I've mainly used my spheres for healing/consciousness work and just goofing around. There's something special about spherical beings. Well, we live on one! What just came to me is that your sphere may like to dream with you. You could place it on a dresser and ask it to dream with you tonight. If the energy keeps you awake it could sit in another room and dream with you anyway.
When you say goofing around, what do you mean by that? Curious. :)

Now this is very interesting.. You say that you feel that my sphere may like to dream with me and that I should place it on a dresser and ask it to dream with me tonight... It's been on a dresser while I've been sleeping next to it since I received it and I have to say I've been sleeping amazingly well! Like a total baby. :angel: YOU'RE GOOD! :D

I look forward to reading more of your adventures. I'll try to take some pics to share.
I am sooo looking fwd to your pics and more stories if you have any! :heart: Thank you!!!!

celticnoodle

Would it help to have a glass of wine or two before trying this? :D Maybe not a good idea. Hmmm are these visions or hallucinations???!!!! :confused: LOL
:laugh: No, I don't think so! But, it does sound tempting, doesn't it? :)

Stonesatiety, what an interesting post! You have such a good connection with your sphere(s) it sounds like.

I so love hearing of everyone's experiences.

Autumn Spice

I just wanted to share a pic of my new crystal ball. This was gifted to me by my mother. When she told me she bought one for me I was expecting something the size of a baseball, not a cantaloupe! :) I am considering getting a different stand for it. I brought it outside to take a clear picture of it with natural sunlight but brought it in right away so as not to start a fire!

It's beautiful!

GotH

It's beautiful!

Thank you Autumn Spice. :) I left it and my crystal jewelry outside in the moonlight last night. I'm not sure it was the right time to do that but the moon was so beautiful I did it anyway. :) I have to say my opal is sparkling more than usual right now! :)

stonesatiety

Hi G: Fun to see you two creating a stir! Well, it's like my dog. He's a socialite, needs lots of interaction, so I shrug and enjoy the ride. He's reminding me it's time to walk walk. :)

By goofing around I mean just that. For example, I took Flower outside during the eclipse and looked through her at the moon. Not much light-wise other than the dimming as the earth's shadow allowed the sunrise and sunset ring to paint the moon. However, the veils inside Flower looked like black calligraphy. Hmm. This wasn't the first time I'd seen veils in that way inside a crystal, but it feels like I may be exploring further. I can do that anytime the moon is shining, so I'm sure we'll play more with that. WHo knows where that will lead??

Another example is how Flower glows with ambient light. When I noticed--due to her nudging me--I moved her around, watching her glow. I kept an eye on her in different light levels, angles and sources. I compared her glow with Ruti's, my primary sphere. Hmm. For whatever reason, Flower gathers light more powerfully. She has an inner glow as well that can manifest physically, but not always. And our play continues.

The stones taught me there is no protocal for getting to know them. If we want to use one, of course! They honor our choice and meet us in our comfort zone. My comfort zone is goofing around playing. ha! Btw, I have a lead crystal piece with an inscribed rat (my Chinese sign) that radiates nice energy.

GotH

:laugh: No, I don't think so! But, it does sound tempting, doesn't it? :)
:laugh: This was regarding having a glass of wine or four before looking into the ball. :D Well... I stopped pouring the wine for awhile so I'll have to try doing this dry. ;) When I'm ready to partake of the vine again, I'll try it then too. :)

By goofing around I mean just that. For example, I took Flower outside during the eclipse and looked through her at the moon. Not much light-wise other than the dimming as the earth's shadow allowed the sunrise and sunset ring to paint the moon. However, the veils inside Flower looked like black calligraphy. Hmm. This wasn't the first time I'd seen veils in that way inside a crystal, but it feels like I may be exploring further. I can do that anytime the moon is shining, so I'm sure we'll play more with that. WHo knows where that will lead??
Hmmm... Black veils. Do you feel these calligraphy images are symbolic in some way? They must be..

Another example is how Flower glows with ambient light. When I noticed--due to her nudging me--I moved her around, watching her glow. I kept an eye on her in different light levels, angles and sources. I compared her glow with Ruti's, my primary sphere. Hmm. For whatever reason, Flower gathers light more powerfully. She has an inner glow as well that can manifest physically, but not always. And our play continues.
Okay I'm curious as to what you think this energy is saying to you? It's gotta mean something! Now I'm really interested to see what my ball does..

The stones taught me there is no protocal for getting to know them. If we want to use one, of course! They honor our choice and meet us in our comfort zone. My comfort zone is goofing around playing. ha! Btw, I have a lead crystal piece with an inscribed rat (my Chinese sign) that radiates nice energy.
I've been getting much closer and familiar with crystals and stones lately. I really feel like they have been calling me. Time to listen I'm sure. :D

Thanks for sharing. :)

By the way... We're all still waiting for a pic. Flower must be seen. ;)

celticnoodle

stonesatiety, what an interesting vision inside your crystal ball--(the calligraphy like lines). I, too, wonder if you can make something out of it when you see this. Makes me again want to pull one of my crystal balls out to play with them.

I recently gave one of my favorite crystal balls to my daughter. It was a small one, a bit bigger then a shooter marble. Filled with gorgeous inclusions--cloudy like that just added to its mystique. My daughter is a very good crystal ball reader, but she only has one the size of a softball that the hubby and I bought her for her birthday one year. I think her 16th or perhaps her 21st. One of those birthday 'markers'. :laugh:

Unfortunately, her husband does not like all this stuff--and so she rarely gets to pull her crystal ball out anymore to play with. So, I thought perhaps this lovely small ball would work for her instead! She can easily hide it in her purse and keep it with her everywhere she is. I hope she gets a chance to read it now and will have to check with her in a few days.

Anyway, I have a few others and so I will have to pull one of them out to play with soon, too! :)

Mycroft

I must admit I'm a little bit disappointed, couldn't you find something that was slightly bigger? This one's only half the size of Nevada! It does though conjure up a wonderful scene of your Mom proudly telling the sales assistant that, "My daughter loves playing with big balls" - which is a nice image. I would warn about how they magnify the sun's rays quickly and intensely, but I see you've already acquired the third degree burn to testify to that one.
Please do share your crystal ball stories or pics if you have any. :)
Here's a piccy of the crystal I use almost exclusively these days, and it does have a little bit of esoteric history. It was made by the Metaphysical Research Group in Hastings, England, in 1970 and marketed as a Psychics Crystal Gazing Research Kit.

DSCN0242a.jpg

The previous owner bought it in 1972 from the wondrously named Librairie des Sciences Occultes which was part of the W N Schors bookstore in the lovely city of Amsterdam. She apparently always said that it had a "...delightfully playful energy..." about it, although I must confess I'm not sure what she meant by that. My own technique consists of using the ball as a focus while I drift off in meditation, and the images I see are behind my eye lids rather than in the ball itself.

Looking forward to your new blog, "All The Injuries I Managed to Sustain From My Crystal Ball!"

GotH

I recently gave one of my favorite crystal balls to my daughter. It was a small one, a bit bigger then a shooter marble. Filled with gorgeous inclusions--cloudy like that just added to its mystique. My daughter is a very good crystal ball reader, but she only has one the size of a softball that the hubby and I bought her for her birthday one year. I think her 16th or perhaps her 21st. One of those birthday 'markers'. :laugh:

Unfortunately, her husband does not like all this stuff--and so she rarely gets to pull her crystal ball out anymore to play with. So, I thought perhaps this lovely small ball would work for her instead! She can easily hide it in her purse and keep it with her everywhere she is. I hope she gets a chance to read it now and will have to check with her in a few days.
That's great! Wondering if she got a chance to do anything with her ball. Another really cool mom. ;)

Anyway, I have a few others and so I will have to pull one of them out to play with soon, too! :)
Please let me know when you take yours out and if you see anything. Love hearing about others experiences. I still haven't had a chance to really sit down with mine. Maybe today! :)