Chanukah Spread

RedMaple

This spread has been edited so that it now looks like a Menorah - 8 candles plus the Shamash.

Hi, Just came up with this Chanukah spread on one of our reading exchanges. If anyone is interested, let me know how it works for you. I've used Hebrew letters and words - except for the Yod, which I've used for Universe.

1. CH - Chaim - Life - How do you celebrate life?
2. A - Aysh - Fire- What is the fire that burns in your life? What candles need lighting?
3. N - N'Shama - Soul-bird - What does your innermost soul-bird sing to you?
4. Yod - Universe - Gift of the universe - what resource or strength do you have that is far more than you thought?
5. K - Kadosh - What is sacred to you?
6. K- Kadosh - How can you participate in making the whole world sacred?
7. A - Aleph - The Sound of Silence - What do I hear in it? Or How can I listen for it?
8. H - Hay - The Sound of Being Present - How can I be more present in my life, to my family, partner, children, etc.
9. Shammash - The flame that ignites all the other candles.

The spread looks like this:

----------------------------9--------------------------------
8------7---------6-------5-------4-------3-------2--------1

Shalom and Happy Chanukah

Sophie

Oh, wonderful spread Red Maple, and happy Channukah to you too!
I love the different dimensions of the spiritual, all around the theme of light and music (and silence, but you don' know my family ;))

I'll try it and give feedback when I can.

wildchilde

Hi RedMaple! This is a beautiful spread, I'm so glad you have shared it. Am putting it in my 'files' :) Do you think it would be best to use only Major Arcana for this spread or the entire deck?

RedMaple

Helvetica said:
Oh, wonderful spread Red Maple, and happy Channukah to you too!
I love the different dimensions of the spiritual, all around the theme of light and music (and silence, but you don' know my family ;))

I'll try it and give feedback when I can.

Thanks -- I hadn't really thought it out, I just worked intuitively with the letters, but I was aware of the light, of course. But music, yes, and silence, well....your family sounds like mine. ;)

I'll look forward to feedback when you can.

RedMaple

wildchilde said:
Do you think it would be best to use only Major Arcana for this spread or the entire deck?

I'm so glad you like the spread. I hadn't thought about Majors only -- but that might make a very interesting reading. On the other hand, Judaism is very practical and down to earth, so it might be good to do a double reading, one line of Majors, one of Minors to see how it manifests in the everyday, as well as on the mythic level.

If you try it, let me know how it works out.

Ace

THis is a great spread, RedMaple. I have asked for it as part of the Circle of Stones special Holiday edition (12/19-25), I can't wait!

Cielo

RedMaple, I'm very excited about this spread! I'll get on with it today,- it is after all the last day of Chanukah here!! I should do this in the light of all 8 candles being lit tonight!!!!! Can't wait! :)
I'll post it in the Your Readings section....

RedMaple

Thanks, Cielo. I'll do the same. We are going to my son's and daughter-in-law's house to light the 8 candles tonight, have dinner, and share gifts with them and my two-year old grandson. I'll try to post your reading by tomorrow.

RedMaple