Tarot 101, Optional homework for chap.1

closerwalking

taken from end of chap. 1 Tarot 101:

Start looking for a suitable Tarot deck if you do not already own one. Consider your current deck and its suitability for your needs (go back to your "mission statement"), and if you want another deck, start looking!

In the next lesson we will explore the nature of symbolism, the language that Tarot speaks in. So, before the next lesson you could (if you have a Tarot deck), pick a card or two that appeal to you, and identify 3 symbols in it that stand out. Or find a piece of artwork and do the same. Keep your notes and cards/images handy for Lesson 2.

Further reading: The New Tarot: Modern variations of ancient images by Rachel Pollack.

closerwalking

what decks are everyone using?

I tried using some more traditional decks and they just do not work for me. So I am going to use two decks for this group, my tried and true beloved Mystical Cat Tarot, and another animal tarot deck I just got, that I absolutely love the imagery, but do not really understand it yet. Animal wisdom tarot. What deck(s) are you using?

closerwalking

symbols that stand out.

I picked 3 Empress/Earth mother
Empress/ Mystical Cat Tarot: beautiful white cat lounging. opulent pillow underneath her. one kitten walking away, confidently.

Earth mother/Animal Wisdom Tarot: liquid eyes of beautiful cow, lounging on the earth, her front legs folded comfortably underneath her. flower halo abover her, circle of flowers surrounding her, flowery tatoo on her hindquarters.