Pet peeves

AmethystEyes

Or the Tower that always means a giant orgasm. I mean, really! I even started seeing that in that card after I read that one and I haven't had sex since 1990. (No, I don't do that but I do wear glasses.) My hormones all packed up and left to find other people who would enjoy them. Giant orgasm? Ummm---I don't have the energy. Leave me to my beading and reading Tarot.
LOL :laugh:
Or a large wiener! :joke: Maybe its an orgasm cut off....why did you stop?!?! Or maybe he finished too early! Oh man, Tower and sexual content could go on and on.

You don't need to have energy for a giant orgasm, let him do the work })

Grizabella

LOL :laugh:
Or a large wiener! :joke: Maybe its an orgasm cut off....why did you stop?!?! Or maybe he finished too early! Oh man, Tower and sexual content could go on and on.

You don't need to have energy for a giant orgasm, let him do the work })

LOL You're so funny! I'm almost 70. It's not that I don't have options, it's just that I'd rather do beadwork and read cards. I've never been attracted to older men, so that sort of takes care of that, eh? Besides, I've been a widow once already and women outlive men so since I plan to live to be at least 100, I just think I'll just stop with one. :p

It's too late for me to die young and leave a beautiful corpse so my energies are directed at leaving behind some published writing and fond memories of me for those who cross my path

Metafizzypop

I guess I got a couple of peeves, too. One is when I see a reader who looks down their nose at other readers who don't read the same way she does. The kind of reader who pooh-poohs others for using reversals, for example, or not using reversals. Or using books, or not using books. Or who doesn't use their left hand to cut the deck. The kind of person who looks at others with disdain for doing things differently. I don't come across this often, fortunately, but it sure is obnoxious.

The other peeve isn't really a peeve, just something I find amusing. It relates only to people who use the Thoth deck. It seems to me that there are some people, not a lot just some, who use the Thoth to do readings but not to answer the question. This reader lays the cards out on the table, and then gets into talking about the decans, the astrological correspondences, the Kabbalah aspects, etc. They'll say that this card represents Venus in Pisces, and that other card is Saturn in Aquarius, and that this card represents Yesod and another relates to Hokhmah. And that's it. So hey, it's interesting hearing about all these correspondences and stuff, but can you or can you not tell me if I'm going to find a new boyfriend this year?

VintageButtons

Card of the day readings on social media - are you pulling this card for the whole universe? We're all having a Page of Cups day?

^^ This, serious pet peeve of mine also. I appreciate the effort to share their point of view on the card but let's call it that instead of claiming everyone is having the same day. It feels like a horoscope from a newspaper if we all had the same sign.

Thunder

I get really annoyed when people read Tarot (and use astrology) when they don't think outside the box. They just consider everything black and white and think there are entirely good cards and there are enitely bad cards. Those types of readers consider themselves like some messengers from God or something like that who have this incredible gift to tell you what your future is and that you can't escape it. I really don't enjoy those types of reading where the reader tells you that you don't have a choice, you are kind of servant of the fate and everything you do doesn't matter. Well, it does matter, we got the free will mojo.

Padma

I really don't enjoy those types of reading where the reader tells you that you don't have a choice, you are kind of servant of the fate and everything you do doesn't matter. Well, it does matter, we got the free will mojo.

Have to agree with this one. Was once "cursed" by a reader, because I told him his advice was bad! (he told me I *must* return to my abusive husband, no choice!) (I didn't, of course!) Not cool to curse people. Or to tell them to go back to a realllly bad marriage! :bugeyed: His curse did not work, either. :)

I guess in the end my major pet peeve is when common sense gets thrown out the window during a reading, and the reader dances between insanity and delusions of grandeur.

AmethystEyes

Have to agree with this one. Was once "cursed" by a reader, because I told him his advice was bad! (he told me I *must* return to my abusive husband, no choice!) (I didn't, of course!) Not cool to curse people. Or to tell them to go back to a realllly bad marriage! :bugeyed: His curse did not work, either. :)

I guess in the end my major pet peeve is when common sense gets thrown out the window during a reading, and the reader dances between insanity and delusions of grandeur.
:laugh:
Someone "cursed" you?

Padma

Someone "cursed" you?

Totally! This was a reader at a big psychic fair, too! He told me that my life would always be a ruin and a misery, and that I would fail horribly at everything I undertook, and would never know love again. Then he said "I curse you with this" three times in a row :p What a dork! I just laughed at him :)

AmethystEyes

Totally! This was a reader at a big psychic fair, too! He told me that my life would always be a ruin and a misery, and that I would fail horribly at everything I undertook, and would never know love again. Then he said "I curse you with this" three times in a row :p What a dork! I just laughed at him :)

Kinda makes you wish you suddenly had to sneeze and had no time to cover your face ;)

Esk

I don't have a long experience in tarot (and I am guilty for using some of the pet peeves mentioned above), but for now, the thing that really annoys me is the readers who absolutly want to give a positive reading. It's like the readers have decided their role is to deliver good news whatever the cards are. But in my opinion it's just false hope and not constructive at all. I prefer a honest but difficult answer than a hopeful but false one.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.