Meditations on the Tarot

DesertDream

Has anyone read this book? It looks like an excellent read. I'd like to hear y'alls opinion on it.

DesertDream

Has anyone read this book? It looks like an excellent read. I'd like to hear y'alls opinion on it.

Ok, ive had two people respond PM to me over this book. Not on the thread, is there a secret code im missing? Lol.

Freddie

If you like Christian Mysticism and don't mind the Catholic angle of it, you may find it a good read. It is not about divination, but goes into deep thought about what the 22 trumps are trying to convey. I like it and pull it out now and again as it is one that can be read over many times.

Freddie

Samweiss

I just ordered a copy of this book because it seemed so interesting. Hermeticism and tarot are few of my favourite topics, so why not? Reading this might be refreshing experience as the book isn't one of those tarot 101 or how-to books, I've got enough of those. Also, in his book "The Secret Teachers of the Western World" Gary Lachman spoke highly of it calling it a masterpiece.

chahruzu

I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. I was slightly disappointed at first because the tarot cards are mostly just a springboard for the author's reflections on the connections between Christian spirituality and hermeticism. These reflections are profound though. And there is a little bit in each chapter about the symbolism of a different Marseilles deck Major. So it's definitely worth reading.