Pet peeves

AsheSkyler

Elitists who act like their way of reading the cards is the only correct way to read cards.

Rosewater

People "talking in Tarot-speak," i.e., "Oh, you're such a Queen of Cups" or "I had such an Eight of Swords day."

So very pretentious.

This could also apply to astrology-types who think they know everything about you because of your sign, and define you because of it

Drives me nuts, too. I always want to know, "in what way, eight of Swords? What happened?" Among practitioners, it's easy to fall into this sort of shorthand, and yes, I've also been guilty. But it's sloppy. People and situations are not Tarot cards.

Holly doll

Love those readers who give a long winded, convoluted non-answer to a question. When I've again asked the same question, only to be told - the Universe has it all in hand & from my reaction to the first answer I wouldn't understand it anyway...

I've got something a little different in the peeve dept. Querents who are fixated on knowing if other people who have "wronged" them are going to get their comeuppance. Not only that, but when & how it will come about, & if the querent will be present when it does, or will a friend tell them all about it.

I then get asked how much growth that same querent has undergone; seeing as they've "worked" on themselves... })

plant witch

a pet peeve of mine is people who keep asking the same question, getting clear answers, but never actually doing anything about it, except ask the question again and again and again. then they are surprised/frustrated that nothing has changed or that things have gotten worse!

you wanted advice, you got it, please do something with it

DesertDream

a pet peeve of mine is people who keep asking the same question, getting clear answers, but never actually doing anything about it, except ask the question again and again and again. then they are surprised/frustrated that nothing has changed or that things have gotten worse!

you wanted advice, you got it, please do something with it

This ^

And when people dont follow the guidelines you've established when asking for a reading.

AmethystEyes

Ugh I am feeling like its time to bring this back up! *eyeroll*

yannie

So Glad for this! I'm another one who can't stand querants who ask the same damn question over & over & over & over, looking for the answer they want to hear, & when they don't like what they hear, they get bitchy and defensive & lie to you about stuff.

Questions like, "What does he think of me?" "Does he think I'm his soulmate?" "Does he love me?" "Does he feel possessive over me?" Asked over and over and over in different variations for weeks and weeks and weeks. Oh for crying out loud why don't you just ASK HIM?! Oh, right, you two AREN'T COMMUNICATING. That means you don't need the tarot to state THE BLOODY OBVIOUS! Why are you harassing readers with your redundant questions then?

Such is my experience going on the exchange forum. I really don't mind giving love readings. It just that noticing certain types really puts me off.

ana luisa

New agey answers for direct practical questions and not knowing the gender of the sitter I'm reading for.

Lareia

New agey answers for direct practical questions and not knowing the gender of the sitter I'm reading for.

Not knowing the gender? May I ask why? I'm curious.

greatdane

I so get these posts

Whether reading tarot, Lenormand, whatever oracle, most of these apply.

Some of these had to smile at although I am sure they were frustrating to those who posted them.

Clarifying cards, don't use them. I agree with what others said.

Reversals, I don't personally use them, to me it's a preference. I only read tarot for myself and a few friends, so not an issue. And I have only had a handful of readings. If a reader is a good reader, they're a good reader. If reversals help THEIR reading for me, fine. I just don't use them in my personal readings.