EPIPHANY! A New Take on the Major Arcana

dangerdork

I dfrogot to mention why I mention that whole "seven stages of life" thing. It's because in the idea of chakras, there are seven elements (the first four are the widelknown four elements) and in astrology, each sign is basicaly the element as cardinal, fixed, or mutable, so bascally, all the elements have three aspects. Well, think of it as seven elements with three aspects!

Can you recommend a website or book where I can learn more about this? I was looking at a chart on that site I recommended and noticed that I, being born on the solstice, have all kinds of juju happening with mutable/cardinal transitions going on. Interesting stuff.

ETA: Someone beat you to this thought, on this very thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2247986&postcount=186

I feel like this might indeed have a pretty strong correlation to the whole seven stations perspective.

Speaking of mutable, here's one more early draft from the Seven Stations tarot - the center of the whole mandala, the middle card in the middle path -- Justice. This is one of my very favorites of our deck so far.

Attachments

• 11.SAMPLE.jpg
    11.SAMPLE.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 398

Lucas Prince of Cats

Can you recommend a website or book where I can learn more about this? I was looking at a chart on that site I recommended and noticed that I, being born on the solstice, have all kinds of juju happening with mutable/cardinal transitions going on. Interesting stuff.

I feel like this might have a pretty strong correlation to the whole seven stations perspective.

Speaking of mutable, here's one more early draft from the Seven Stations tarot - the center of the whole mandala, the middle card in the middle path -- Justice. This is one of my very favorites of our deck so far.

Well, any astrology sign that explains the elements in astrology would work. Again, astrology is not my thing. Too much to study. And the reason I mention this is completely about the seven stations! SO, I geuss we'll need to figure out what mutavble, cardial, and fixed means.

Emma313

Well, any astrology sign that explains the elements in astrology would work. Again, astrology is not my thing. Too much to study. And the reason I mention this is completely about the seven stations! SO, I geuss we'll need to figure out what mutavble, cardial, and fixed means.

it's quite simple in astrology
The 12 signs are grouped in fours

4 are Cardinal - IE starters, entrepreneurs, doers, challengers, Aries libra cancer and Capricorn
4 are fixed - Taurus Leo Scorpio and Aquarius - they consolidate what the cardinal signs start, work with it, plough it in, give it investment/substance, basically run with it
4 are mutable - Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces - they fly the flag of ok this is working, this is not working, let's change tack, let's try this, question that
then
each sign of each quadruplicity is of a different element, ie in the first set, Aries is Fire, libra is air, cancer is water and Capricorn earth, so that adds to the how and what they do,(fire sparks,air thinks, water images and emotes, earth is practical) in the second set, Taurus is earth, Leo is Fire, Scorpio is water and Aquarius air....in the last set Gemini is air, Virgo is earth, Sagittarius is fire, Pisces is water...it's a nice balance and perfect as each sign works and the next takes over, it's like a relay race, each one does its best before handing the baton over

hope that helped a little x

MandMaud

About the chakras having an element each - I only know of the Western system of four elements (fire, air, earth, water, plus sometimes ether) and the Eastern/Chinese five elements (fire, wood, metal, water, wind). What are the seven? I like elements...

Lucas Prince of Cats

About the chakras having an element each - I only know of the Western system of four elements (fire, air, earth, water, plus sometimes ether) and the Eastern/Chinese five elements (fire, wood, metal, water, wind). What are the seven? I like elements...

Earth, water, fire, air, sound, light, spirit in that order. So, since there's three rows of seven in the layout, maybe each row is a cardinal, fixed, or mutable, and each column of three is an element? People do connect 1-12 of the major arcana to the signs.

dangerdork

Earth, water, fire, air, sound, light, spirit in that order. So, since there's three rows of seven in the layout, maybe each row is a cardinal, fixed, or mutable, and each column of three is an element? People do connect 1-12 of the major arcana to the signs.

I was thinking the same thing - starting to chart that out now.

Lucas Prince of Cats

I was thinking the same thing - starting to chart that out now.

Glad to help! I'm loving to contribute! I've been thinking about the elements, and the number seve for a long time!

MandMaud

Thanks! (And hi, rabbits.)

I don't know the Sanskrit but most of this is familiar to me - except the attributions of elements and masc/fem. They all ring true, and the masc/fem (not sure 'gender' would be the right word here) will add depth to my chakra work. :) The only surprise is the heart/air correlation... that will add depth to my intellectual relationship with the chakras, which is a different thing.

I may give up on supplying "feedback" on the thread that has gone before, and satisfy myself with throwing in whatever ideas spark off from the thread as it progresses from here. Reading through, I did keep having Brilliant Ideas to contribute but didn't make notes (d'oh) but I expect the same Brilliances (;)) will come back as the discussion goes forward.