Tarot Pink

Annabelle

During the campaign, they clearly advertised that the cards would be a specific size, and only now have released information that they will be smaller? Regardless of reason, they solicited people's money based on one set of information, and then later changed that information -- that's false advertising.

And the images shown during the campaign never hinted at these enormous, wordy borders.

danieljuk

Annabelle you are right but in the update email they explain they didn't make their total funding and have to reduce the budget. The cards will be a "standard tarot size" so I presume a larger size before and the box that they would come in will now be a bag. I can understand that they have to do those things for the funding but I can't understand the card layout, they could put all that info in the LWB and have the artwork take up the card size!

found the email part...

The deck is now completed and we have received a proof deck from the printer. We will be making some color adjustments and the deck deck will be submitted for final proofing and then a print run. We expect to begin mailing the decks by the end of the month. Since insufficient funds were raised to meet our goal, some adjustments had to be made to the deck to accomodate the reduced budget. The card size was reduced to a standard size of 2 3/4" X 4 3/4" and the deck will come in a velveteen bag rather than a tuck box. We can assure you that the deck looks great and here is a picture of the proof deck to illustrate the progress. The printed booklet with meanings and the back of the card are shown on the left side of the picture. (pic that Rodney posted)

ETA: oops earthair posted it earlier and I missed the post, but yeah that was the email update.

PathWalker

Thank you.
Not happy really - but I guess I could always sell it on.

earthair

The cardback on rwcarter's preview was a little different- what I could see looked reversible to me unless I missed something?

To me that looks like the pdf but cropped to the new smaller card size which means there are still bits of cloud inside the hearts one way up but not the other...or maybe they changed it. Tis hard to tell.

Either way, is it worth us all emailing the creators to stop the textblock madness at least before this goes to print? From that email I got the impression it wasn't too late yet... I can live with small card size if I don't see that text.

PathWalker

You could try. I certainly don't like the text on the card. Titles is all I tolerate :(

earthair

I've PMed Hexi to ask who I can contact about this. Presumably there are lots of other artists who are members here on AT who could be contacted too?

gregory

I can live with the smaller size. If I must I will live with the nasty text, but it does seem amazingly unnecessary....

If we don't see hexi, I will ask another participant I happen to know why on EARTH they did it.

Hexi

The deck is now off to the printer to be printed and shipped. I have seen the proof and it looks great. Your eye goes straight to the images, which are varied and interesting. A perfect deck for a card of the day or meditation.

Thanks to all the artists who generously donated their time and artistry for our cause. And to Ron who put in countless hours in creating this honourable deck.

All profits go to our cause for The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Future decks will be available to order as well as those that were purchased during the campaign. All Profits from those decks will also go towards our cause.

Cheers Hexi.

gregory

Maybe the eyes do, but were it not for the cause, I would not have backed any deck with all those horrid words on. Sorry, Hexi, but that does feel like a slap in the face.

rwcarter

Maybe the eyes do, but were it not for the cause, I would not have backed any deck with all those horrid words on. Sorry, Hexi, but that does feel like a slap in the face.
Had I seen the mock-up of the finished product as opposed to what we were lead to believe was going to be on the cards, I wouldn't have backed the campaign. Good cause or not. This comes across as a case of bait and switch, and I can't believe that renowned tarot artists and authors are proud to be associated with something like that.

Rodney