The Everyday Tarot - Poppy Palin

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

daphne 

Great it will be published!
Schiffer was inspired to take this one, it is very interesting.
Top   #111
Citizen

The Happy Squirrel 

I don't usually like this aesthetic but I 'feel' the images tremendously. I agree with the others that the energy emanating from this deck is amazing.....
Top   #112
Citizen

pickled pixie 

I absolutely cannot wait for this deck to come out!! 😊....I've needed someone to translate tarot into more modern terms and I've learned more from her images in 5 minutes than 10 years of studying books!!
Top   #113
Citizen

shadowdancer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled pixie View Post
I absolutely cannot wait for this deck to come out!! 😊....I've needed someone to translate tarot into more modern terms and I've learned more from her images in 5 minutes than 10 years of studying books!!
Well said

This deck is going to be an absolute breath of fresh air. And I am itching to get my hands on it.
Top   #114
Citizen

AJ 

that world card...as a fiber artist I just don't get what is going on. I've never seen knitters working on a joint project, and quilters use very small needles.
Top   #115
Citizen

magpie9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
that world card...as a fiber artist I just don't get what is going on. I've never seen knitters working on a joint project, and quilters use very small needles.
Im with you on that one. Lovely idea, but pretty confusing if you know anything about fibre arts. It really drives me nuts when they draw spinning wheels and looms that can't possibly work.

That said, I really do like this card.
Top   #116
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

Quote:
I wonder if it's a nod to the International Council of Grandmothers, an indigenous group of female elders that focus on issues such as human rights and the environment:
http://www.grandmotherscouncil.org/
Top   #117
student of tarot

rwcarter 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie9 View Post
Im with you on that one. Lovely idea, but pretty confusing if you know anything about fibre arts. It really drives me nuts when they draw spinning wheels and looms that can't possibly work.

That said, I really do like this card.
As a knitter, it's technically possible for two people to work on different sections of the same piece of knitting, especially if both people know how to knit backwards instead of purl so the right side of the work is always facing them. The landscape is also technically possible to create using modified entrelac techniques. Knitters (and crocheters) often work individually to create small pieces that are then joined together into a larger piece, but I also haven't seen two knitters working on the same piece of the same time.

But I have no idea what the two women on the left or the woman on the right are doing.

Seems to me that it's a figurative image, not a literal one as the deer are way too small and the animals are on or above the landscape as it's being created. It's showing what can be created when we all work together in harmony.

(And I much prefer that image to the cliched comics image of knitting needles being held upside down to knit.)

Rodney
Top   #118
"and you can't make me..."

VGimlet 

I like this deck a lot - glad to hear it will be published.

All I can say is - I hope they use the same card stock as they did for the Ring Cycle Tarot.

I know some people like the nearly indestructible laminated card stock they've used in other decks, but it sure kills to shuffle.
Top   #119
Citizen

Scarlet Woodland 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGimlet View Post
I like this deck a lot - glad to hear it will be published.

All I can say is - I hope they use the same card stock as they did for the Ring Cycle Tarot.

I know some people like the nearly indestructible laminated card stock they've used in other decks, but it sure kills to shuffle.
Agreed... haven't experienced that of the Ring Cycle but the recent Tarot D cardstock was beautiful. Fingers crossed they stick with it. Looking forward to this
Top   #120

More interesting threads on the Aeclectic Tarot Forum...

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.