Took my new deck out for a spin today - thought I would share.

nicky

The deck is Le Tarot Tournant, my question is about my coven.
We have been together over a decade and I wanted to see how its future looks.

Four cards - basically the last line of the celtic cross:

1- How I see it now/me currently - 5 Wands
Fives being change it is a fitting card - this deck is not the RWS camping clusterf - these wands are still grounded - two of the wands appear to be moving forward leaving three of them to hold down the fort as it were. I see my concerns are that some members will be moving on but more will stay. Which is exactly what I think (and why the question)

2- Outside Influences/ People around me - 10 Discs
The discs appear to be dancing around the center two - movement but within a controlled area. I see these discs as the members/cogs of the group. Currently people involved with the group are doing other things but still circling back and staying. The ten of pentacles in the RWS I usually read with involves tradition and legacy. This coven is a family to me and fits well with that card.

3- Hopes or Fears - Knight Cups
Knight of Cups can be a one night stand kind of guy ... this Knight looks to be offering love/emotion/spirituality with his cup but his horse has seen it all. My fear is that the cup offered will be soon empty and the knight will have moved on. It is a fun while it lasted fear.

4- Outcome - Queen of Swords - I believe it's me! FFS I will have only myself to blame if we have issues as I continue to analyze. Many of the group have also been working with an additional tradition and my kneejerk is always they will leave. In spite of real world demands, relocations, etc. we have continued to get together for sabbats and I am nitpicking this to death. The Queen of Swords holds her hand before her heart; I take this as advice to remember why we are here and not worry about things out of my control. We may lose people over the years to different things but the coven itself should be fine.

Debra

Here's the cards.

I'm taken with your description of the pips, and I love what you see in the Queen's hand over heart. In a different context I'd read this as she'd lost her heart, or put it aside for safekeeping.

Attachments

• 20160327_120337.jpg
    20160327_120337.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 85

firecatpickles

Lemme have a go before reading your interp. But my input is a supplement to yours, not a replacement :)

With the minors and courts with TdM decks I use an astrological/Kabbalistic system so bear with me.

5 of Wands, Sun in Aries. "How I see it now/me currently":

It is an ideal environment for equals. There are not egos that get in the way if each other. Everyone is a leader. This can be a good thing and a bad thing but mostly good in a group like this. The problem with a situation where you have many strong personalities surfaces in the "Hope or Fears" position.

Knight of Cups, Pisces. House of Secrets! Fear is the greatest motivator so it ispossible others feel the same. As you all are of equal strength similar personality types will seek one another out. This is how cliques form This is not beneficial for a coven! What can help is a mediator. Enter....

Queen of Swords, Libra. House of Relationships. I did catch a part of your reading that identifies you with this card. I agree with you. Whether you are a Libra is immaterial though. You reflect the qualities of a Libra in your group. You have a much different persona than the others and will be cast ultimately in a leadership role as a unifier as the group grows and develops.

10 of Coins, Earth in Virgo. "Outside Influences/ People around me". Virgo is the mutable Earth sign of course and this card is the perfect picture of pragmatism (pardon the alliteration). People in the group will not be so prone to leaving entirely or right away but will instead find ways to keep the group together. Virgo ruling the House of Careers makes me think that the people around you take your collective work very seriously and will not be too quick giving it up, feeling the work you do together is too important to abandon completely.

Debra

Or the queen could be justice, dropped her scales when she consulted her heart.

nicky

R
Lemme have a go before reading your interp. But my input is a supplement to yours, not a replacement :)

With the minors and courts with TdM decks I use an astrological/Kabbalistic system so bear with me.

5 of Wands, Sun in Aries. "How I see it now/me currently":

It is an ideal environment for equals. There are not egos that get in the way if each other. Everyone is a leader. This can be a good thing and a bad thing but mostly good in a group like this. The problem with a situation where you have many strong personalities surfaces in the "Hope or Fears" position.

10 of Coins, Earth in Virgo. "Outside Influences/ People around me". Virgo is the mutable Earth sign of course and this card is the perfect picture of pragmatism (pardon the alliteration). People in the group will not be so prone to leaving entirely or right away but will instead find ways to keep the group together. Virgo ruling the House of Careers makes me think that the people around you take your collective work very seriously and will not be too quick giving it up, feeling the work you do together is too important to abandon completely.

These are spot on!!! We have been at it a long time (over a dozen years according to what dibs and dabs of rituals I have here) - there is no HP/HPS - we all act that role as needed - each of us write rituals when the spirit moves us etc... we have avoided the ego issues that plague so many groups thus far.

Knight of Cups, Pisces. House of Secrets! Fear is the greatest motivator so it is possible others feel the same. As you all are of equal strength similar personality types will seek one another out. This is how cliques form This is not beneficial for a coven! What can help is a mediator. Enter....

Queen of Swords, Libra. House of Relationships. I did catch a part of your reading that identifies you with this card. I agree with you. Whether you are a Libra is immaterial though. You reflect the qualities of a Libra in your group. You have a much different persona than the others and will be cast ultimately in a leadership role as a unifier as the group grows and develops.

I LOL at the leadership role but I do think we all take turns at time- I am one of the more concerned members over the idea of others who are working with a BTW tradition on the side as it were. To be honest they have been doing this for 7 years so I guess I need to believe them when they say they can do both - I feel like I am creating abandonment issues in my mind.

Usually I think of courts as other people but this queen fits perfectly as a mediator to use your term - I feel like it is an aspect of me I need to be aware of in this situation - I can be a tad overbearing (shocking, I know).
I feel much more hopeful as we had a great ritual Saturday night - The sword in her hand may be pointing at my head to stop the monkey mind.

Thank you so much for your take - I really really like the idea of astrology or cabala etc... The Marseilles are new for me and having some type of template is helpful.

xoxox
Nicky

nicky

Here's the cards.

I'm taken with your description of the pips, and I love what you see in the Queen's hand over heart. In a different context I'd read this as she'd lost her heart, or put it aside for safekeeping.

I kinda feel like I am sticking my own heart with my sword (caustic behavior) and may be asking for trouble that doesn't exist.

Or the queen could be justice, dropped her scales when she consulted her heart.

Love this!!!

Which then merits the question " am I more worried about my heart than trying to 'act fair?' um, yes ....

thank you - I love that the cards can be other cards - mind blown !

xoxox
N