Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

CharlotteK

Thoughtful - it is a lovely deck. The linework and colours give it a really old feel but in a very good way. I did a couple of readings for family members the other eve. I found myself getting drawn in like I've never been by my Radiant Rider Waite or Original Rider Waite. In many ways the images are much cruder but they also seem a lot more mysterious. I found I had to look harder. I was perplexed by the King of Cups in my brothers reading. I really had to reflect on it. But the meaning I got from it was pretty deep. I think it's a great deck, hope you get on with it 🙂

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Thoughtful

Thank you CharlotteK for your very encouraging post. l only have the yellow box which is meh, and the Universal RWS which seemed promising but the love did not last, even bought the Centennial, l did not find any real connection with them. l have always felt that there was a RWS out there that had something l could relate to. Have looked at most editions on line, nothing attracted me. Reading this thread got me quite enlivened don't no why, but l just feel this could be the one. l think being in German it takes on a more mysterious element, like it did with my Roots of Asia also in German, l had the English version and did not connect. Sounds really silly l know. Like the fact you mention that the lines give it a really old look, that does appeal to me. This is what l want in a RWS a sense of age and depth. If l can look at the images and get drawn in l will love it, that's how l feel about my two favourite tarots. What l found was missing in the other RWS's was exactly that, the depth, they seemed static and cold to me.

Should be with me soon :)

Thoughtful

l was amazed l ordered on 5th November and l have them with me 7th November. Well done Amazon UK :thumbsup:

Firstly thank you to the starter of this thread for letting us all know about this Tarot. Only just opened the box, had a quick peek and a shuffle, will spend more time this evening getting to know the cards and to compare with the two other RWS decks l already have. Do love the way they shuffle they feel so silky and smooth, and what a bonus to be rid of the tartan backs. Love the gentle sheen on the cards rather than that horrid gloss.
Also a pleasure not to have US Games plastered on them :laugh: They really do look and feel a special deck.

Looking forward to hopefully bonding with them tonight.

FLizarraga

Just in case, here are the right ISBN numbers. The standard is on the left, the pocket on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 365

FLizarraga

Do love the way they shuffle they feel so silky and smooth, and what a bonus to be rid of the tartan backs. Love the gentle sheen on the cards rather than that horrid gloss.

Yes, yes, yes. I love the super sturdy cardstock of the PCS, but the Von Waite does shuffle like a dream. And "gentle sheen" is exactly right. It's sort of a satin finish.

Also a pleasure not to have US Games plastered on them :laugh:

Amen to that. :p

Thoughtful

What a lovely tarot this is, l had hoped that l would find an RWS that was right for me. Last night l did some comparing with the RWS l had, what a joy to not have the perma-tanned faces of the yellow box or the dull washed out colouring of the Cenntenial.

The colouring is so beautiful on this tarot, in fact just right for me. What l like is to be able to look at the faces in a deck and hear them speak to me. Well l certainly heard the voices, the faces are so much better defined, they looked out at me with meaning. At last! Instead of static cold uncaring glares l got a warmth and a welcome. Spent the evening shuffling, comparing and then doing a reading for myself. It all went very smoothly and l am delighted that now l have a RWS that l can really work with, one that actually speaks to me. This Tarot is by far the best RWS that l have seen for colour, and as well as having that beautiful sheen to the cards the shuffling is so smooth and silky, have l said that before :laugh:

So happy that the frustration of not being able work with RWS is over. Long live Von Waite and thank you again WOF the poster who started this thread.

Denever

You lovely enablers have convinced me: my von Waite is on order.

Laura Borealis

What a lovely tarot this is, l had hoped that l would find an RWS that was right for me. Last night l did some comparing with the RWS l had, what a joy to not have the perma-tanned faces of the yellow box or the dull washed out colouring of the Cenntenial.

The colouring is so beautiful on this tarot, in fact just right for me. What l like is to be able to look at the faces in a deck and hear them speak to me. Well l certainly heard the voices, the faces are so much better defined, they looked out at me with meaning. At last! Instead of static cold uncaring glares l got a warmth and a welcome. Spent the evening shuffling, comparing and then doing a reading for myself. It all went very smoothly and l am delighted that now l have a RWS that l can really work with, one that actually speaks to me. This Tarot is by far the best RWS that l have seen for colour, and as well as having that beautiful sheen to the cards the shuffling is so smooth and silky, have l said that before :laugh:

So happy that the frustration of not being able work with RWS is over. Long live Von Waite and thank you again WOF the poster who started this thread.

Now I'm even more eager to get mine. :love:

I am in the minority, as I actually like the tartan backs and bright colors of the standard RWS (at least, the 70s era, Muller printing that I have) but this one just sounds warm and lovely.

Sulis

I've had this deck (the standard sized version) for a couple of weeks now and I love it..
It's up there with my PCS deck and my blue box Rider deck and if anything, I prefer it to the PCS deck The whippy cardstock, the colouring, the crisp lines and the backs are perfect.

If you're on the fence about this one, don't be, get it. I didn't realise that it was available on Amazon UK so paid a bit over the odds by ordering from German Amazon but I love it so much that I really don't care.