Tea Leaf oracle Study Thread

Padma

OMG awesome! You're such a help. Thank you! :heart:

No problem, glad to help out. :)

Since Rae Hepburn herself made an appearance in the first thread I mentioned, I thought it might be helpful for you to see how the author herself used the product. I know I sure found that to be enlightening! ;)

Enlightenment23

No problem, glad to help out. :)

Since Rae Hepburn herself made an appearance in the first thread I mentioned, I thought it might be helpful for you to see how the author herself used the product. I know I sure found that to be enlightening! ;)

Yes, yes. I'm reading her input on the thread as we speak. I've got pages and pages and pages of discussion to sink my teeth into. Not leaving my house today :laugh:

Enlightenment23

Daily Draw

I decided to do a draw for today:

Dog (protection from a powerful friend), Key (successful outcome to my problems), and Older Man

As it turns out, I ordered food through a company called Grubhub. The food was delivered and severely undercooked! I called the actual place, and they suggested that I return the food to them so that it can be cooked properly. Um no, I'd like my money back. Thanks. "Oh no," they said. "You have to call Grubhub for that."

And that's just what I did. Swooping in like a hero, Grubhub contacted me telling me that they apologize for the undercooked meal, and that they're working to get my money back through management. This is definitely the representation of dog - protection from a powerful friend.

And key - a successful outcome to my problems.

I've yet to see who Older Man could be, but the night is still young :)

CosmicBeing

Is there a specific theme here or just a random pull?

I just did a random pull to see if I can see a theme among the cards.

I definitely see a theme. The overall theme of all the cards is working toward a goal no matter what. Resilience.

CosmicBeing

I decided to do a draw for today:

Dog (protection from a powerful friend), Key (successful outcome to my problems), and Older Man

As it turns out, I ordered food through a company called Grubhub. The food was delivered and severely undercooked! I called the actual place, and they suggested that I return the food to them so that it can be cooked properly. Um no, I'd like my money back. Thanks. "Oh no," they said. "You have to call Grubhub for that."

And that's just what I did. Swooping in like a hero, Grubhub contacted me telling me that they apologize for the undercooked meal, and that they're working to get my money back through management. This is definitely the representation of dog - protection from a powerful friend.

And key - a successful outcome to my problems.

I've yet to see who Older Man could be, but the night is still young :)

It looked to be very accurate so far. I wouldn't be shocked if the Older man is the Management.

CosmicBeing

I think I might do a few month spread in the style that I saw CelticNoodle describe it. So going to try her method and see how it goes.

Do you want to try it, Enlightenment?

Enlightenment23

It looked to be very accurate so far. I wouldn't be shocked if the Older man is the Management.

Turns out Older Man was my dad. He gifted me a guitar lesson DVD because I had recently bought an acoustic guitar on whim. Sweet gesture!

As for the month reading, I feel won't be able to do it justice because I'm noticing that the bigger the time frame, the more difficult it is for me to pinpoint what event the cards are referring to. I think I'll do some dailies. But I'd love to help you figure out what the cards mean if you decide to do a monthly.

My daily pull:

Turkey - (Someone's Behaving Stupidly), Seahorse - (Family Matters) - Bowl (Plenty o' Material Things)

Might be me acting stupidly. Who knows. I can be a total turkey sometimes :laugh: And it's a Sunday, I'll be spending time with my parents today as per usual. The Bowl seems pretty cool. I wonder what this might be. I'll let you know by the end of the day. :D

Note: As for my weekly reading that I posted earlier, I got the "misunderstanding" card. I think I know what it's referring to. I pulled a card today to double check if my assessment of the card is correct. I got "Fire - Passionate Love or Hate". Hepburn goes on to explain that this is an emotion that is "all-consuming." Well, I went on a date last Friday with a man that developed feelings for me much too quickly, misinterpreted my interest, and leaned in for a kiss that I had to reject.

Bleugh. He was just too overpowering and most definitely overestimated my interest in him.

Enlightenment23

Update

My dad was the turkey.

He's a total oddball and, this morning, for breakfast, he made himself tea AND coffee. After I pointed out how ridiculous that was, he said its no big deal and brushed me off.

After being distracted by a sports game, he barely took a sip of the two cups he made for himself . 😒

The seahorse was just as I expected. Spending time with family.

The bowl seems to represent going grocery shopping and having the pantry filled up again :)

Enlightenment23

That "Wreath - Sorrow Over Loss" card has come into fruition today. My laptop, without warning, stopped working after doing an system update. I've lost all my files !

CosmicBeing

My dad was the turkey.

He's a total oddball and, this morning, for breakfast, he made himself tea AND coffee. After I pointed out how ridiculous that was, he said its no big deal and brushed me off.

After being distracted by a sports game, he barely took a sip of the two cups he made for himself . 😒

The seahorse was just as I expected. Spending time with family.

The bowl seems to represent going grocery shopping and having the pantry filled up again :)

That's very cool. I think I'll do a daily today before my day gets hectic. I have a lot to do today.