The Saska Spread

SandraEileen

Hi all! I wanted to share a spread that my friend Jovan and I created…

We’ve been good friends for years, and our Tarot Decks are kind of like brother and sister decks. Jovan’s sister-in-law (who, sadly, I never got to meet) was very much into the Tarot, and when she passed away, she left Jovan three Tarot Card Decks. One of which he uses; the second he gifted to me. (The third deck was his sister’s main deck, so he keeps it in reserve)

Anyway, our two decks really resonate with one another. They are both very basic decks- my deck (Rider-Waite) tends to be a little warm and cuddly- if there’s a silver lining to the situation, my deck will find it. Jovan’s deck (Morgan-Greer) loves to be a little mischievous and revels in showing the darker side of a given situation.

The Saska spread actually involves two readers and two decks. The cards are laid down, two at a time (one from each deck) as mirror images of one another. The cards pairs will either reinforce the single meaning, or highlight the lighter/darker aspects of the particular position.

Unfortunately, I can’t add attachments just yet, but I’ve made a layout image at uploaded it here: http://www.tarotrevolution.com/saska/saska_spread.jpg if you’d like to check it out.

It’s a really fun reading to do because the querient gets a reading based on the strengths and insight of two readers and two decks.

The Saska Spread: (each number represents two cards- one from each deck)

1. Represents where the querient is right now, emotionally, speaking... How are they feeling?

2. Where they came from. Events that have happened in the past that are still resonating in the current time.

3. How they got here. Decisions that they made that lead them to where they are now.

4. How things currently stand now.

5. People that can either help or hinder them in their goals.

6. Likely outcome. Where they are headed if they continue the present course of action.

7. What are the options? These cards represent choices that the querient can make.

8. Querient’s Question (optional). Based on the cards that have been laid out, the queirent can now ask a question if they like. This card is the answer.

Attachments

• saska_spread.jpg
    saska_spread.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 433

mike gorth

I can't get to the website but it sounds very interesting. Don't worry, it's my computer, not the link. That's an interesting spread. I especially like that there are 2 decks. How did you come up with the name Saska???

Mike Gorth

SandraEileen

Jovan (pronounced YO-van, just in case you were wondering) is of Serbian descent, and he's always loved the name Saska...

:)

mike gorth

Interesting. I'm going to show this spread to my mentor and maybe we'll try it. Great spread again.

mike gorth

I forgot to ask, Do you have any other decks or just the Rider-Waite? Just out of pure curiosity.

SandraEileen

I actually don't own all that many decks- I'm much more into collecting books than decks. (or perhaps I'm a little intimidated by all the deck options! It's probably time to start expanding my horizons...)

As of now, I only own three decks:

Russian Tarot of St. Petersburg- I love the delicate miniatures.
The Rider-Waite
The Salvadore Dali Deck - which, sorry to say, I actually don't like at all. It was a gift from another good friend. Never even shuffled it. Maybe someone wants to trade? (yes, wrong forum for that!)

mike gorth

That salvadore dali deck is terrible. I found some cards online and they don't portray any of the meanings. I thought the Fool was the Devil. Maybe we should just PM each other from now on.

Moonbow

Hi Mike and SandraEileen

As you, (Mike) have pointed out in your last post, this discussion should take place elsewhere - PM is ideal. I will leave the few posts that are already here. You could list your decks in this thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=19364

Thanks
Moonbow*

Little Baron

Thanks for sharing

The Saska spread sounds lovely ... unfortunately, I don't have any 'physical' friends interested in tarot that I can practice with but will keep it in mind, if I ever meet any.

LB