Beltane Blessings

RavenOfSummer

Just wanted to share a Beltane greeting to all celebrating! Blessed Beltane to all! :love:

Is anyone doing anything special for Beltane, or has a special altar etc?

banbha

Bealtaine Blessings!

I have no special plans as of yet this year. At least I can't do anything until Thursday. Normally I would go to the spring in the wooded preserve in my area and tie a ribbon on a tree of my choosing and leave some crumbled oatmeal cookies about as an offering. Having friends over for a great meal. We are allowed to light small fires on the beach after hours. These are a few of my favorite Bealtaine holiday things! :)

RavenOfSummer

Bealtaine Blessings!

I have no special plans as of yet this year. At least I can't do anything until Thursday. Normally I would go to the spring in the wooded preserve in my area and tie a ribbon on a tree of my choosing and leave some crumbled oatmeal cookies about as an offering. Having friends over for a great meal. We are allowed to light small fires on the beach after hours. These are a few of my favorite Bealtaine holiday things! :)

What beautiful customs banbha! If you don't mind perhaps I will borrow your ribbon and cookies idea! :)

banbha

You're very welcome!

b53a7.jpg

Falcor

Blessed Bealtaine to everyone.

<3

Morwenna

Thank you, and to you too. :)

We had the annual Beltane service at church this morning and I made my (semi-)traditional oatmeal cherry cookies (recipe on request), and this evening I was sort of planning a little fun & games with hubby. But we ate out on the way home from gaming and now we're too full to romp... oh well. But we have to get to bed early because tomorrow will be a very early day: every year the local morris & sword team dances the May in at a local park, and they start almost at first light so they can already be dancing when the sun comes up over the hill; and for several years we've gone to watch. Then from there I go to work. (On days off we go out to breakfast after the dancing is over.)

I suppose that I can extend Beltaine to the date which is actually at 15 degrees Taurus... that's later in the week, yes? I still have a lot of spring cleaning to do... I just looked it up; it's May 5, this coming Friday, which gets celebrated around here as Cinco de Mayo, and I see a Mexican meal out in our future. Remind me not to overeat... :D