Otherkin

Falcor

Just to say that we still DO NOT understand SO much of this universe, of this planet we live on. What may seem weird, stupid or unrealistic now may be totally understandable, proved and accepted in the future. Maybe even near future.

So I am not saying no to possibilities.

BrightEye

Or I have, which is well possible - but on the other forum they sure as hell seem to believe they are other - there are at least 2 who know they are really dragons and have "come to terms" with it.... I'm never quite sure how, when you can't - as you might say - move your tail or fly....

So that means then that it's unrelated to shamanic shapeshifting and is more like when people feel male in a female body or vice versa? (I don't want to sound condescending, I'm just curious. It all sounds very interesting to me.)

gregory

So that means then that it's unrelated to shamanic shapeshifting and is more like when people feel male in a female body or vice versa? (I don't want to sound condescending, I'm just curious. It all sounds very interesting to me.)
I am absolutely no expert; I am just looking at a thread which I can't link here - and wouldn't anyway, as it has rather degenerated into an argument about appropriate pronouns, But it SEEMS that what it is is a belief that your SOUL is that of some other being, some other species. So while I may be human, if I were a therian, I might believe that my soul was that of a cat. But I wouldn't be shifting; it would just be who I am - I would be spiritually non-human, but not shifting to achieve that. I would identify as a cat.

If that makes sense. And which means I need to take back the thing about coming to terms with dragonhood. I am trawling the thread where I saw that, and it is very long indeed.....

Falcor

Perhaps it could be about remembering your past lives as different creatures/species, dead/different civilizations and not only on Earth...I don't think Earth is the only planet with life.

gregory

Nor do I. But I think knowing your soul is that of a cat isn't a past life thing; it is very current....

banbha

Do therians believe their souls were born into the wrong bodies? They should have been born in the body of a cat or a wolf, etc.

gregory

All I knwo I posted:

Therians are people who identify, in some intrinsic way, as an animal that exists or has existed on earth. Some believe that their soul is that of an animal while others identify as a non-human animal for brain-related reasons. They often but not always experience Ph-Shifting and M-Shifting. Ph-shifting being when you feel phantom limbs related to your theriotype (NOT physical shifting), and M-shifting being when your mentality becomes closer to your kintype (however this is not an excuse for causing harm to or harassing others in any way). Some try to induce shifts to feel closer to their kintype and understand more.

BrightEye

Any more info on this? I find this so very intriguing. I wonder if there are any Otherkin in the house here?

Obsydian

Do therians believe their souls were born into the wrong bodies? They should have been born in the body of a cat or a wolf, etc.

Ask 5 different therians/otherkin and get 10 different answers!
Some do believe that, but as I aged and spent many years trying to figure this out, it only became more complicated.
For myself, my Astral form is a manul cat. It's still me, I'm still it, and sometimes I tune in to it more heavily and get the shifts.

BrightEye

For myself, my Astral form is a manul cat.
Obsydian, thank you for sharing so much of your personal story here. A manual cat is very specific. I'd never heard of those cats before and had to google. How did you become aware of this identity? Did you know of those cats before you realised you're therian or did this identity present itself to you and you researched it afterwards?