Law of Attraction - Lack

G6

OMG

Look what I found today at a garage sale. I couldn't believe it! I guess I should believe it though! πŸ˜‚

PIC

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 150

GotH

:) There's an example of the synchronicities I was telling you about. If you do nothing at all, you'll still get nudges. ;)

Thanks for sharing..

ashtoreth

I have problems with the Law of Attraction and this idea of lack. Seems it's about if you are positive good things will happen and if you are negative bad things will happen. This doesn't resonate with me because I've known horrible people that have all the trappings of "the good life" and I've met really good positive people that are broke.

Here's an excerpt from this book called "Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting". Seems to advocate the same belief that if you radiate positivity everything you want will come to you.

I think positivity has value; I just don't think it's a magic wand or the sole reason people have or don't have what they want in life.

Who believes this? Who doesn't believe this? Why?

Thnx,

G6

PDF of Book Excerpt:

http://wuchifoundation.org/documents/TBS16_Excuse_Me_-_Your_Life_is_Waiting_-_Lynn_Grabhorn.pdf

I'm with you. This is almost a do-not-push-this-button topic for me. :lol:

The LoA is a good tool to have but it is not the whole and sole of all spirituality making the spiritual world go round (unlike what certain books revealing earth-shattering secrets will tell you!). The minute those books came out and the LoA stuff spread like wildfire I realized how flawed and sort of instant gratifcation and materialism-chasing these books are (!). They will work for you only 10% of the time. I know people who do nothing on the physical level and expect their affirmations to work things for them...sorry, nope!

There is so much more to spirituality than the LoA. And most books that put this out there don't discuss anything other than how to manifest your love, money, and dream house right away. Ugh!

G6

I'm with you. This is almost a do-not-push-this-button topic for me. :lol:

The LoA is a good tool to have but it is not the whole and sole of all spirituality making the spiritual world go round (unlike what certain books revealing earth-shattering secrets will tell you!). The minute those books came out and the LoA stuff spread like wildfire I realized how flawed and sort of instant gratifcation and materialism-chasing these books are (!). They will work for you only 10% of the time. I know people who do nothing on the physical level and expect their affirmations to work things for them...sorry, nope!

There is so much more to spirituality than the LoA. And most books that put this out there don't discuss anything other than how to manifest your love, money, and dream house right away. Ugh!

Oh good I'm not the only one! πŸ˜‰ I think LOA had good intentions and some people have had success with it as mentioned upthread. It's just how I've experienced it used by some people can be counterproductive and in some cases damaging.

ashtoreth

Oh good I'm not the only one! πŸ˜‰ I think LOA had good intentions and some people have had success with it as mentioned upthread. It's just how I've experienced it used by some people can be counterproductive and in some cases damaging.

Cheers! They are definitely beneficial and sure I've used it as well. I agree that there is a whole lot of good to it, *if used well*. :) :D

CosmicBeing

This might be an old thread.. but since I haven't really been around member forum parts. I thought I add myself.

The only way you attract positivity... which positivity can very well be relative. The idea of what is a good event vs a bad event is relative. But I do think there are people that only see the glass half empty and people that only see the glass half full.

To me you have to learn to see the big picture...people need to figure out what they have lost and what they have gain in certain situation. To evaluate if it was a fair 'trade off.' If the person feels it's not a fair trade off it's up to them to figure out what should be the next step. What are you willing to give up to gain something?

In addition I believe knowing who you are...just knowing what makes you feel comfortable and uncomfortable will initiate boundaries in your life. (not speaking directly to you...you in the plural sense.) People get in bad situations partially because they didn't analyze how they felt in every step the situation moved to event outcome/closure. If you are uncomfortable in a situation but can't define it. That is good enough reason to leave even if you can't define it...maybe later you will figure what about that situation you didn't like. (Hindsight is 20/20)

But at the end of the day I think people need to really figure out what they do or don't like.. and they don't need an explanation for what they like or don't. People get caught up having to explain why they like something or don't. In the process of doing that you will know who you are... and at least the church I grew... they use to say "Truly knowing yourself is the greatest protection you have." Why is that? Because it's harder to trick you.

In addition a lot of people see the glass half empty very easily... it takes work for many to see the half full. But at the end of the day you need to see the big picture to truly attract what you want in life.

This is just my personal belief/views.

**At the end I believe in accountability...rarely is something 100% one person's fault.**

JMI_Tarot

I think positivity is often confused with wishful thinking, and that is bound to disappoint.

To me, positivity is awareness of the beauty that is normally taken for granted.

Stop what you are doing right now and look around you. You will something beautiful. This will open you up, change you, at least for the moment. It might be the way the light is falling on something, the way two people on the bus smile when they speak to each other, the way the arm of an old chair is worn from years of human touch, anything.

Regardless of how things are going for you, you can always cultivate a warm heart, an openness of spirit by never denying and always acknowledging the presence of beauty in your life. That's positivity to me. And it's a very powerful thing.

SilentBreeze

This has been an interesting read and I will jump in with some of my thoughts. I have been back and forth in terms of LOA, and at one point I was very interested in it so I did a bit of experimenting. I don't believe in something unless I try it out.

At one point I made these types of worksheets for visualizing what I wanted using all of the things I read -- those never worked. And I think the reason for that is similar to what a lot of others have said, that just thinking positive isn't going to do anything. You have to do something about it. I suppose if the positive thinking was a way to psych yourself up and then go out and start taking steps toward the things you want would work -- I think that's what LOA really is. A lot of the more popular books and movies and such seem to emphasize only doing the thinking and visualizing.

The thing that really worked for me is making lists of exactly what I want and then figuring out how to get it and asking people who have the thing how they got it and then eventually it works out. So I think really its more about being clear about what you want, not just positive thinking, and then doing. Sometimes it had to do with getting rid of mental blocks telling me that I can't have the thing, so I can go out and do something. I also had really good success with what they call "vision boards" where I would put pictures of what I wanted and then periodically look at it. But same as the lists it just affirmed to me what I wanted and made it a concrete goal to work toward -- like in the back of my mind I realized how much I wanted the things and it inspired me to go and get them.

And also the acceptance that you don't have the thing which LOA never really mentions -- you can just get rid of all the bad thoughts around that -- it takes work and soul searching.

Nowdays my thought are that law of attraction and all the popular media about has a very simplified view of it. If it really was that easy everyone would just have what they want all the time. I take the middle ground here that LOA is not all completely untrue, and I think the way its explained is misleading -- but the concept behind it or what it's pointing at has some merit.

But really vision boards or what I want lists are awesome and work wonders... depending on how you use them. I also read lots of books specific to the things I wanted figure out how to get the thing. I can go in more detail too -- maybe when I have more time.

Obsydian

My family had a bad run in with this law of attraction thing that leaves us all bitter and angry because it was so bunk.

I'll never get over that. I'm positive many times but broke and falling on bad luck. I can't believe.

G6

This might be an old thread.. but since I haven't really been around member forum parts. I thought I add myself.

The only way you attract positivity... which positivity can very well be relative. The idea of what is a good event vs a bad event is relative. But I do think there are people that only see the glass half empty and people that only see the glass half full.

To me you have to learn to see the big picture...people need to figure out what they have lost and what they have gain in certain situation. To evaluate if it was a fair 'trade off.' If the person feels it's not a fair trade off it's up to them to figure out what should be the next step. What are you willing to give up to gain something?

In addition I believe knowing who you are...just knowing what makes you feel comfortable and uncomfortable will initiate boundaries in your life. (not speaking directly to you...you in the plural sense.) People get in bad situations partially because they didn't analyze how they felt in every step the situation moved to event outcome/closure. If you are uncomfortable in a situation but can't define it. That is good enough reason to leave even if you can't define it...maybe later you will figure what about that situation you didn't like. (Hindsight is 20/20)

But at the end of the day I think people need to really figure out what they do or don't like.. and they don't need an explanation for what they like or don't. People get caught up having to explain why they like something or don't. In the process of doing that you will know who you are... and at least the church I grew... they use to say "Truly knowing yourself is the greatest protection you have." Why is that? Because it's harder to trick you.

In addition a lot of people see the glass half empty very easily... it takes work for many to see the half full. But at the end of the day you need to see the big picture to truly attract what you want in life.

This is just my personal belief/views.

**At the end I believe in accountability...rarely is something 100% one person's fault.**

Hey CB! 😊

There's lots of good stuff in here. Thanks for sharing! I like the idea of putting thought to the hidden benefits of a situation or circumstance. This is helpful in understanding the "big picture" as you put it, but it also builds self awareness and creates an opportunity for gratitude and/or positivity. I like your church experience with the power of self awareness and boundaries. These are both so important not only for protection, but to experience freedom and happiness. I also agree everyone has to look at their 50% in everything. This practice will aid self awareness and more importantly help to avoid the trap of victimhood because everyone has power and choice, always!

βœŒπŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

G6