Astral Traveling, Anyone?

celticnoodle

This thread was started after GotH and I shared some Astral Traveling experiences in Holmes' thread on manifesting things here:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=275284

In this thread, I invite everyone to share their astral traveling experiences, how you do them, any experiences you've had with astral traveling. Anything at all about it! Please-SHARE! :)

Below is the astral traveling experience that I shared with GotH--and I'll allow her to re-post her experience. This is just one of my astral traveling experiences, but one of the special ones in my memory. :)

I traveled to my daughters house that is almost 700 miles west of us. I showed up inside her entry way and I could see her and her husband sitting on the couch in their living room, watching a movie and laughing and having a great time.

Their two dogs were with them, Cash-the black lab and Coe-the chocolate lab. Both of them SAW ME! :bugeyed: They were also laying on the couch--(it was one of those sectionals, with a huge box at it too--to put your feet on or lay on) and the dogs perked up and barked "hello!" to me, recognizing me. My dau told htem to be quiet there was no-one there. The dogs kept looking from them to me and jumped off the couch running to me, barking hello and wagging their tails - so excited to see Nana! they kept running back to tell the kids, "But, NANA is here!!!" and were so confused because the kids just kept sitting on the couch watching tv--and my daughter finally threw a couch pillow towards them and told them to shut up.

The poor dogs were so confused. :laugh:

The next day, I c. the kids and told them what I experienced and they were awe struck because all of that DID indeed happen the night before. :laugh:

So, its very interesting that dogs (and I imagine other animals too) can SEE us when we astral travel!

interesting, isn't it?

GotH

Great thread idea! :)

Okay, so I don't exactly know if I was astral traveling or not because I don't really have that awake experience with it. I have felt that I've done some traveling during dreams but isn't that normal? Anyway, here is my experience in the dream..

So.. In the dream I find myself in what felt like a "fairly spacious" house, not tiny, although I was only in one part of it. It did not feel like it was an old house and I felt like it was rather tall. I remember looking out and seeing the water line about 20 ft from the back porch? The water seemed wavy and deep. I turn around from the view to enter the home and began to crawl inside. (???) Seeing the water then turning to enter the house is when I knew I was on your property. I noticed that the doorway was extremely narrow and I barely fit through. I did feel that your energy was present even though I couldn't see you and it seemed that the narrowness of the entryway was a normal thing for you. Kind of like, "Yeah, it's this way but this is my house and I love it." Then the dream abruptly ends.

If there were more details to this dream, I have already forgotten them unfortunately. :( I really need to keep a journal next to my bed to record dreams.

Is there anyway to know when you are AT vs just dreaming?

celticnoodle

Great thread idea! :)

Okay, so I don't exactly know if I was astral traveling or not because I don't really have that awake experience with it. I have felt that I've done some traveling during dreams but isn't that normal? Anyway, here is my experience in the dream..
So.. In the dream I find myself in what felt like a "fairly spacious" house, not tiny, although I was only in one part of it. It did not feel like it was an old house and I felt like it was rather tall. I remember looking out and seeping the water line about 20 ft from the back porch? The water seemed wavy and deep. I turn around from the view to enter the home and began to crawl inside. (???) Seeing the water then turning to enter the house is when I knew I was on your property. I noticed that the doorway was extremely narrow and I barely fit through. I did feel that your energy was present even though I couldn't see you and it seemed that the narrowness of the entryway was a normal thing for you. Kind of like, "Yeah, it's this way but this is my house and I love it." Then the dream abruptly ends.

If there were more details to this dream, I have already forgotten them unfortunately. :( I really need to keep a journal next to my bed to record dreams.

Is there anyway to know when you are AT vs just dreaming?[/QUOTE]

Okay, well it does sound more like the River House the way you are talking about it until you say it was tall. Our river house is all one level, and no basement. But, the farmhouse is a 2 story house--but further from the creek and the creek isn't even visible by our home. The farmhouse also has narrow doors, because it was built in the 1790s, and everything is built narrow! I have to go up the steps to the 2nd floor sideways, because they are steep and narrow. :laugh: People were much smaller in the 1790s.....

Anyway, I'll have to send you some pics of both homes and you can decide where it was.

As for how to tell whether it was a dream or a real travel astrally--the only thing i can tell you, and i am not an expert in this--is that when i traveled before, I could feel the wind on my face and i could feel the ground underneath me too.

When I visited a friend on the other side of the world--I could feel where she had hardwood floors and where she had carpeting--and where she had just tiled floor. (I was in her laundry room too). I felt the different flooring on my feet as if I were barefoot. Outside, I could feel the grass, where I walked on leaves and where it was sandy or dirt too.

I don't know if its like that for everyone, or just for me, though. Sometimes when I visit places, its blurry to me, sometimes its crystal clear. Sometimes I can smell them cooking foods and I can even say exactly what it is they are cooking just by the aroma of the foods! Smells seem to be more potent to me--especially as I can't always smell things due to allergies. But when I travel astrally--it seems to be even stronger I think.

Maybe someone else here on A.T. has more experience and knowledge in this and can answer or explain it better. :)