A tale of two knights

myrrhmyrrh

So I did a standard CC for my husband about his job and two knights showed up. Am I right in recalling Mary Greer saying that two knights in a spread increases the turbulence, restlessness quotient? I'm looking all through her Understanding the Tarot Court and my eyes are just not finding that passage, unless I imagined it.

Also these are the two yang-y knights, swords and staves, so that wd seem to further underline such an understanding, no?

And if the Knight of Staves was reversed? - I pulled it as a clarifier to the outcome but it seemed to me to be more of a warning for temper than anything, unless it meant he'll be out of a job and on his own.

Any ideas?

JoyousGirl

Answering a last question for you - or sort of.

The Knight of Swords came out as the answer. The clarifier card as a Knight of Wands would tell you to consider what both of these Knights have in common. There is your answer.

Thirteen

So I did a standard CC for my husband about his job and two knights showed up. Am I right in recalling Mary Greer saying that two knights in a spread increases the turbulence, restlessness quotient? I'm looking all through her Understanding the Tarot Court and my eyes are just not finding that passage, unless I imagined it.

Also these are the two yang-y knights, swords and staves, so that wd seem to further underline such an understanding, no?
I think it clear that either he will come into conflict with another or have a conflict within himself. The knights try to get important messages across; they're not mere pages rushing notes from one courtier to another. They're the ones the king sends to parley with the enemy, or ask for an allay to come to their aid, or demand something be done...or else.

They're full of dedication, and, yes, young adult style competitiveness and drive. The knight/Wands is passion and temper and speed. The Knight/Swords is equally fast, cool and clever and sneaky. Reverse the Knight/Wands and you have him barely able to contain his temper, impatient and feeling like he's being stymied.

Either way, your husband will feel like things aren't moving along as fast, smooth or right as they ought. The message isn't being gotten across.