yet another strange dream

ChrisTheObscure

since other people have been posting strange dreams, I thought I'd post one of my own that's been recurring this week.

I dream that I'm walking through Fair Oaks, this beautiful old park in Central Minneapolis, and I meet this guy. Each time, it is him who initiates contact with me, and each time he shows me something different from his life. He seems intent on trying to get me to see something central in the dream: once his book collection, once his house, once a scar on his arm. I've had this dream every night and I'm not sure I buy into the idea of soul mates, per se, but I'm wondering if someone is trying to psychically contact me? This person appears the same in every dream, and I remember what he looks like distinctively - and it's no one I've ever seen before.

Not nearly as cool as caitlin's dream - I'd LOVE to have a dream like that! - but if anyone has any thoughts or has had someone try to contact them in the dream world before, thoughts would be appreciated.

C.

amyel

Well, my mom says that when you have dreams with other people in them, the other people are actually parts of yourself.

That's not to say it couldn't be someone else, as a premonition. Is there anything this other person in your dream is showing you that you want or have?

zorya

i think this dream may be about you.

did he show you different rooms in the house? each room can symbolize a different aspect of yourself, with the house representing the whole. just as your body houses your soul, a house can also symbolize your body.

the books make me think of 'chapters' in your life. different stories. or perhaps the books represent the mind, thoughts or ideas.

the scar, may be representative of painful events in your life that have left you with psychological or emotional scars.

are you consciously exploring your 'self' right now? working on self? if not, then this dream may be suggesting you start to do so.

the man could even be a 'guide', assisting you on this journey of exploration.

cool dream :)

ladycj

zorya said:
i think this dream may be about you.

I think I agree with Zorya. Think hard about the images and I bet you will see that they echo your life. It could be the person that is trying to get in contact with you, is the other half of yourself.

Blessings.

ChrisTheObscure

Hmm thanks for all the input...certain things about the dreams could be about me, now that I think about it.

So next question....anyone have any resources for contacting spirit guides? If this guy is one, I'd like to be able to interact with him on a deeper level.

Chris

Roja

Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers
by: Richard Webster

I just finished this book and I like it. Hope this help.

zorya

hi chris,
simply casting a circle (or not, if that's not your style) and calling on your guide can work. the key to this method, is being still enough within to hear your guide. you may want to ask to be given signs. sometimes you can just feel the presence of a guide. don't give up. spend time everyday calling and talking to him/her, even if you hear or feel nothing at first.

i often ask, right before i sleep, to be guided in my dreams and for assistance in remembering the dream.

my favorite method, of communicating, is through shamanism, but this takes considerable time and effort to learn. this method is definitely not for everyone, but if you're interested, the book i most recommend is, 'the way of the shaman', by michael harner.

ChrisTheObscure

Zorya, thanks for the advice. I actually was able to contact (I think) the guy from my dreams by doing a meditative exercise I learned in a book on Celtic Shamanism. It was a very interesting experience - very personal though, I'm still debating whether or not I want to share it on the board. But he definitely spoke with me, and I can definitely feel his presence in my life right now.

Chris

Teranar

Was this guy's scar about halfway up on his right forearm, and did it have a faint feeling of dread and/or evil in it? If it is, I know something about it.

zorya

christheobscure,
i am very happy for you. feeling the presence of your guide will change your life for the better in so many ways :) i would like to hear about your experience. if you decide not to post it, but want to share, feel free to pm me.