10 of pentacles and the knight of cups

soulstar29

How would you interpret these together when asking if someone will come back or decide to leave a situation when theres a choice involved. I got the feeling that it meant he would but it would be only just the beginning of building a solid foundation or am i being too optimistic with this? Any experiences would be appreciated or interpretations.

Thirteen

Not an "either/or" answer

How would you interpret these together when asking if someone will come back or decide to leave a situation when theres a choice involved. I got the feeling that it meant he would but it would be only just the beginning of building a solid foundation or am i being too optimistic with this? Any experiences would be appreciated or interpretations.
I think the answer is a little more complex than your either/or question allows. 10/Pents suggests leaving, but not before he's sure something is secure and can continue on it's own. 10/Pents is about leaving legacies--so one goes, but not without leaving something behind to take care of those you leave. The Knight/Cups suggests leaving on a quest to find true love--which means he might explore the choice yet come back in the end. Knights are explorers, they don't stay.

Together: he is not going to carelessly leave--but he's not going to stay either. He will make sure things are good and can continue on before he leaves; and then he will leave to explore the choice and see if it's what he's after; if it's not, he will know what he left was his "true love" and come back.

soulstar29

Oh thats a strange way to look at it. When i see that card i think of leaving legacies as leaving something for your loved ones or creating a family line and inheritance. Thats kind of a play on words to me. But still interesting and could very well may be. Leaving something valuable behind. But isnt it also about building foundations too? I guess id have to put this in my reading as the other cards are very important

soulstar29

I reread what you said and it does make a lot of sense just not sure how to apply "making sure everythings secure" before he goes

Thirteen

But isnt it also about building foundations too?
By the time you get to 10/Pents the foundation is already built and so is the house that you put on those foundations along with all the extra wings and additions ;) Which is why it's time to rest back, enjoy the fruits of your labor, and know that when you leave all you built will continue on with others. 9's are satisfaction with earthly things, 10's are what comes after--spiritual.

The 10/Pents is also, by the way, sometimes called the "Lord of Wealth." This means one of two things. Either he is buying things or making money or working out (or whatever) for the sake of it, rather than for some purpose (like a body builder who is plenty strong and healthy but obsessed with creating more muscles to have more muscles), or he's got so much that it has ceased to have any meaning for him so he gives it away.

I don't know if that helps with your question, but you can see how this isn't someone likely to stay put. He either needs to keep moving to make more (for the sake of more) or he needs to give up everything because it has more value being given away then in keeping it.