for material issues - a pentacle spread

isthmus nekoi

I came up w/a spread for material things like $, health and suchlike. It's in the shape of the pentacle, symbol of the material.

1) foundation, current state of the situation (can be likened to the IC of an astrological chart)
2) direction headed, goal (similar to the MC)
3) elements that can't be changed, out of your control
4) elements that can be changed
5) advice/outcome

2/5 might seem redundant, but I'd look for the combo they make to see if there is a realistic approach to the situation. I'd liken it to the future position in a c/c and the outcome position.

Hope you like it. Feel free to add any suggestions to make it better.

Sulis

Wow, I like it. I think that that would be a really good health related spread. I`m off to try it out now.

Love and light

Crystalmynx xx

Eowyn

I wanted to learn something like this! thank you... :D

isthmus nekoi

^_^

You're welcome! I hope it's useful :)

Moongold

Testing

Hi Isthmus,

Worked well but a couple of questions. When you say the "elements that can/can't be changed" you're not referring to the element of the card/Tarot figure are you? Each card has an element attached to it i.e fire, walter, earth, air. Or are you referring to "meanings", events, or people that can't be changed.

What made you decide the positioning? Just curious to know how these things re decided?

Many thanks,

Moongold

Trogon

Excellent spread Isthmus! Hopefully, I'll be able to give it a try real soon! Thanks

Moongold, I understood the ideas of the "elements which can't be changed" and "elements which can be changed" as relating to elements of the question or situation, such as (as you put it) events or people. The things that are having an influence on the situation. However... I reserve the right to be wrong... ;)

isthmus nekoi

Sorry for the late reply...

Right on, Trogon, by elements I didn't mean like water, fire etc, I just meant things influencing the situation.

To answer your q Moongold, I derived the position meanings loosely from the symbolism of the pentacle: 4 points giving the totality of material existence (4 elements, 4 directions, 4 seasons etc) and the 5th point representing spirit. (BTW this might be why the reversed pentacle is associated w/the Devil b/c it represents Material over Spirit, which is also why the Devil is associated w/Saturn whose glyph represents a similar concept!!)

Here's a breakdown:
1 = earth: sensation, situation, present, material matter
2 = fire: intuition, will, goals, action
3 = air: thinking, logic, facts... OK, I know "facts" are really subjective, and that thinking doesn't necessarily involve the "objective truth", but let's just say this position shows you what you cannot deny. It's more of an external position than 4.
4 = water: feeling, change, fluidity etc. More internal than 3. There's an interplay b/w 3 and 4 b/c of their elemental polarity and the relationship b/w thinking and feeling.

1 (earth/sensation) and 2 (fire/intuition) create an axis.
3 (air/thinking) and 4 (water/feeling) create another (more obvious) one. Thus, the axis - what connects the cards and how they are related - is important to the interpretation.

1/4 are "heavier"/passive and on the bottom.
2/3 are "lighter"/active and thus on the top.

5 - In this spread, spirit gets the final say in material matters ^_~

Trogon

Isthmus! Tried this spread out last week for a friend. It worked great! Thanks again for posting it. It really seemed to help out the friend for whom I did the reading.

isthmus nekoi

^_^

Trogon, that is so nice to hear!! You're very welcome :)