Advice Spread/Pairing Two Decks

lunakasha

I wanted to try something new for my first Halloween reading, so I designed a simple spread that involves using two different decks...I called it my Advice Spread and it looks like this:

**********9*10*********
****3*4***1*2***7*8****
**********5*6**********

There are five different positions (ten cards) in the spread, two cards read together for each position: Issue/Advice

The idea of this spread is to use two different decks:
the first deck is used for the odd-numbered cards (1,3,5,7,9) and these cards represent the current issue for that position.

These cards are paired with a second card from another deck, the even-numbered cards (2,4,6,8,10) and these represent advice on how to deal with that particular issue.

For example: Card 1 is the "current situation" or main issue that the querent is dealing with, and Card 2 offers advice on how to address that issue. I will describe each position and the cards that were used in each of them.

Here are the positions/meanings for the spread:

1. Current situation
2. Advice
3. Internal Obstacles/Fears
4. Advice
5. Subconscious Desires/Hopes
6. Advice
7. External Obstacles/Challenges
8. Advice
9. Outcome
10. Advice

I decided to use Vargo's Gothic Tarot for the first deck and Madame Endora's Fortune Cards for the second one, mainly because I felt that these cards would complement one another visually...I was pleased to discover that these decks worked extremely well together in this reading.

I wanted to share this spread here....would love feedback if anyone decides to try it out...thanks!!!

:) Luna

Gardener

Hi Luna!

Just discovered this post of yours and am rushing off to try it out. I looooooooooooooove using multiple decks in a reading, and I can't wait to see how it works with one deck commenting upon another. Which pair to try???? I'm almost tempted to use Dan's Soul Cards as the advice deck...

Alissa

lunakasha said:
I decided to use Vargo's Gothic Tarot for the first deck and Madame Endora's Fortune Cards for the second one, mainly because I felt that these cards would complement one another visually...I was pleased to discover that these decks worked extremely well together in this reading.
I've done comparative readings (not quite like yours with this neat spread though! :D ) with these 2 decks myself. I find they work well together also, and, due to the fact the cards are cut the same dimension and of the same cardstock, they fit well together. (I even keep these 2 decks in the same bag together when not in use!)

Dolphin_Dreamer

OOOOOOoooooohhh Just what I've been looking for! I forgot to look in the tarot spread index... This is great and I'll give it a try

Thanky

majah kahlana

Luna,
Just gave this spread a try for a reading for a friend. I used the Flower Speaks Tarot with the Celtic Dragon Tarot. I laid out the Celtic Dragon Tarot for the odd numbers and the Flower Speaks for the even numbers as I think its really interesting how well the FS worked as the advice cards. It was much more specific for the advice section than I felt a different Tarot deck would have been. I havent heard back from her about the reading as of yet but I really enjoyed using it. I have plans to use if for a couple of personal questions.
One of the things I am going to try is using it as a Tarot/Oracle deck combination. I have just about as many oracle decks as I do Tarot decks so it will be fun to see some of the different combinations.
Anyway, its a terrific spread and I will let you know how it worked out for my friend as soon as she sends me the feedback.
HUGS
MK