1 ... 2 ... 3 ... and Äktschen! :)

3... hm

The triangle is the most stable 2-dimensional geometric figure;
and the simlest possible figure made
only of lines which enclose an area; and don't they also have
the least ratio of area/perimeter?

Trinities in religions: the Christian
male trinity; the Graeco-Roman female
trinity (is it Venus, Demeter, Hecate???)

The 3 dimensions of space.

2 is a pair, but 3 is a group.

3, to me, is kinda like put-thru: 2 is largely outward bound; 4 is motion-slowing and 5 is motion-stopping.

But 3 just lets pass, move on, move thru. 3 transforms but doesnt add or subtract.

3 has a quality of letting go. Giving and receiving at the same time. It has a bit of invincibility and a bit of giving up to it...

vijeno

zorya

two have put their forces together and out of this have created a third, even larger than themselves.

quoting umbrae;
"represents growth, creativity and expansion. threes signal a time where self-expression and self-promotion are likely and there is a possibility of recognition and expression through the written or spoken word. three represents groups and shared interests so it also reflects increased social activity"

more from me;
love and healing, understanding, planning, development, synthesis, depth and intelligence.

three parts of life, beginning, middle and end. youth, middle age, old age. maiden, mother, crone.
animal, vegetable, minerals.
lower world, middle world, upper world.

Strega

Trinity... growth... expansion... socialization... creativity... imagination... expression... manifestation... optimism... joy... enthusiasm... humor... and fun. :)

Beginning, middle and end.
Past, present and future.
Body, mind and spirit.

Rune: Uruz
Tarot: Empress
Element: Fire, Earth
Astrology: Jupiter, Gemini, Venus
Tree of Life: Binah, Understanding
Gemstone: Topaz, Star Sapphire, Pearl
Colors: Yellow, Orange, Crimson
Months: March, December
Day: Wednesday

jade

support, communication, gifts, celebrations.

this is what 3 means to me.

love
jade

ps zorya why do you keep quoting umbrae, is he afraid of this section? heehee

*umbrae, come on love, it's not so bad here, really! i have a cookie for you!!! one of those magical ones i bake :D*

zorya

jade, cuz it's good stuff that i wanted to share, and he seldom gets here himself.

(psssss, try peanut butter cookies)

jade

*jade holds out a plate of peanut butter cookies*

anyone want one while we discuss the power of three!

Umbrae

I was paging through an old text on Tiromancy and an obscure reference based upon a lost rhyme caused me to visit this thread.

In some cultures, the number three is held sacred. The three Norns, the three muses, the Holy Trinity; faith, hope, and charity; three’s a charm, disaster comes in threes, Three’s Company, three’s a crowd, The Three Stooges, and The Supremes.

There are three kinds of people. Those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And those who wonder, “What happened?”

The witch Baba Yaga asks each petitioner the same three questions; “What are you running from? What is it you seek? What are you willing to risk?” Best ask yourself these questions…daily.

For the Norse/Teutonic peoples it is an extremely Holy number, there are three Norns, and the three roots of Yggdrasill.

I personally shall always remember, The Bard, Dutch was told, ”Always play your threes”. I know that the statement makes no sense to any of you. An explanation would fall upon deaf ears. Each of you is the final arbitrator of meaning. Meanings should change with time, circumstance, and the meanderings of history. Rarely do they. We (myself included mind you) repeat what we have leaned – and sometimes refuse to learn more, or expand our horizons because we already ‘know’.

At this moment around the globe, Universities are teaching opinions stated as facts – God help us should we change or expand! We may lose our tenure!!!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

What is country music? Three chords and the truth.

Three’s are growth. And should you hold one…”Always play your three’s”.

"Which of us can hope to probe with a questioning finger the dim thoughts in a fool’s head? Well known alas is the case of the poor German who was very fond of three, and made every aspect of his life a thing of triads. He went home one evening and drank three cups of tea with three lumps of sugar in each cup. He cut his jugular with a razor three times and scrawled with a dying hand on a picture of his wife, goodbye goodbye goodbye" (Name the book and the author, win a prize)

TheLovers2

Oh, Click! My gosh, I think she's getting it!

Umbrae said:
Each of you is the final arbitrator of meaning. Meanings should change with time, circumstance, and the meanderings of history. Rarely do they. We (myself included mind you) repeat what we have leaned – and sometimes refuse to learn more, or expand our horizons because we already ‘know’.

At this moment around the globe, Universities are teaching opinions stated as facts – God help us should we change or expand! We may lose our tenure!!!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Loved this! I agree. Thanks, Umbrae for a very helpful/thought-provoking post (all of it) as I begin my journey delving into non-scenic pips. BTW, I wish I knew the name of that book and author, I'd love a prize! :D

These threads are going to be extremely helpful and are already enlightening me to many possibilities. This may even be fun, as opposed to grueling; I'm so comfortable with my scenic pips, you know. :)

Thanks Everyone! I'm getting the picture and learning a lot. It's interesting to me that as a child, 3 for some reason I do not know, was always my lucky number. (Perhaps, for that reason it still stands out to me.) Back then, I knew nothing about Tarot - probably never even heard of it. Now, I don't so much believe in luck, but, have discovered that The Empress is my Life Card.

TL2 :TLOVE

mynumerologist

Self-expression. Creativity. Socializing. Venusian. Pleasant. Complexion. Apparel. Wardrobe. Jewelry. Decorations. Chatty.

Express yourself. Be creative. Blah, blah, blah...