Question...

Esmeralda

How exactly do you make your own spread and how do you know if it truly works???

Esmeralda

wavebreaker

I'd say: by trying it! ;)

The first time I ever tried, it didn't work at all... ;) I guess I was too intent at the time on creating a "perfect spread" (yeah right...). Now when I don't know an appropriate spread for a specific question, I simply write down what aspects of the question I want an answer for and draw a card for each of those aspects.

I'm not really into making beautiful patterns to fit the spread. I think it's wonderful how some people do that, but I'm not good at that, so I just put the cards in a line. Boring, but it works for me... ;)

cheekyminx

Well...

Esmeralda said:
How exactly do you make your own spread and how do you know if it truly works???

Esmeralda

Look through some Tarot books or on Aeclectic. Which spread appeals to you? Try a few ones out & see which one you feel most comfortable with. I always use the Celtic Cross, it goes well with my cards 'Celtic Tarot & Celtic Dragon'. There are heaps of different spreads, basic three card, more complex 12 month spreads....I guess each depend on how indepth you want a reading to be.

Good Luck!

Mimers

Hi Esmeralda,

I have only designed one spread myself, but basically it was because I couldn't find one that felt right for my question. So I just thought about what I wanted to know and made up meanings for the positions. Nothing too creative, but mine none the less.

If you do create some I would love to see them in the Your Spreads forum.

By the way I did check out your site and it seems to me that you have a lot of creativity. I think you could create some very interesting spreads.

Take Care,
Mimers

chatonsourire

Hello!

I have thus far created two spreads. One I have never used but the idea just popped into my head and it was perfect so I wrote it down. (I posted it here somewhere but I am new so I don't know where to find it again)....

The other spread I created specifically for a reading for a friend who needed an answer to a yes-no type of question, and I wasn't happy with any of the spreads I had found. So I just made my own!

I learned I can't "force" a spread into creation as I have tried so many times. The idea for a spread will come when it's ready! :)

Esmeralda

thanx guys that helped... lol