possible e-book of members spreads???

Little Hare

Hi Everyone :D

I don't know if this has been suggested. But i've been really impressed with the spreads the aeclectic memebers have been turning out. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to collaborate all of the spreads together in a publishable E-Book Format? That way the spreads would be in one place and we wouldn't have to search for them
(obviously with the member consent)

Also you could charge a nominal fee like $3.00 or something and that could go towards the upkeep of Aeclectic dot net. You could also have acompany members drawings if they wished

Anyway its just a suggestion. I'd love to know what others think

Bright Blessings

Rowena Pixie

Mimers

That doesn't sound like a half bad idea. Pictures could be drawn on computers of spreads, but that can be time consuming. Worth thinking about. There has to be tons of spreads in there. Also, I would think that we would have to leave out any that were not our own originals.

Netzach

peace_pixie said:
That way the spreads would be in one place and we wouldn't have to search for them

But they are in one place . . . and there's a pretty good index at the start.

peace_pixie said:
Also you could charge a nominal fee like $3.00 or something and that could go towards the upkeep of Aeclectic dot net.

I'm assuming you would make it a downloadable book which people could then keep on their computers. But it would take a lot of space and some people might not want to do that. On the other hand, to pay $3 every time one wanted a new spread would also be unsatisfactory.

In addition, it requires special software to produce a downloadable ebook and Solandia might not want to be bothered with it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Alissa

I've done e-books before, and if Solandia finds this thread and is interested, I'd take the project on for a minimal compensation. A small ebook download would likely benefit AT in a very nominal revenue sense.

My hope when starting the index thread was to make this forum more usable - once upon a time, if you remembered a spread, you'd have to go back and search the forum for keywords, or page through numerous previous posts trying to find "the one." After a decade of library work, I'm glad the index is helpful.

However, tThe benefit of an ebook would be a resource that travels with the reader, and is usable away from the computer itself. E-books are a great new form of publication (I think).

Selection of which spreads would be included could be tricky.

Again, if Solandia is interested, I'm interested in doing the grunt work (for a small editing fee).

Little Hare

Netzach said:
But they are in one place . . . and there's a pretty good index at the start.

I'm assuming you would make it a downloadable book which people could then keep on their computers. But it would take a lot of space and some people might not want to do that. On the other hand, to pay $3 every time one wanted a new spread would also be unsatisfactory.

In addition, it requires special software to produce a downloadable ebook and Solandia might not want to be bothered with it.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Yes it would be one that is downloadable to everyone's computer. I was thinking it could be done in something like a Adobe acrobat.

Don't worry your not being a wet blanket ;)

Emms

I think that would be a brillaint idea...
I for one would love to have the facility on my computer as I move around (without internet access everywhere!)

Maybe memebers could submit their spreads to the compiler via email in a particular format to make it easier & cheaper to organise.

I'm sure there would be some people happy to contribute some art work etc...
Oh all excited now!

Little Hare

Thanks Em ;)

there would also have to be something like a release form (consent form) typed up so those that contributing members are okay with having their spread published.

Gayla

I think it is a great idea....I'm willing to help if needed....:)

Lewen

I think it would be an excellent idea!

Solandia

I like the idea of a downloadable spreads ebook too. Members would need to give permission for use of their spread in the ebook, and spreads included would have to be original works, but it's definitely possible. I'm thinking over some of the details, and will have more news hopefully soon. :)

~ Solandia