Losing weight?

HudsonGray

I lost 15 pounds in a month and a half by cutting out all soda and junk food, and walking to the park every day and back (3 blocks there, once around the park to look at the geese, then 3 blocks back). It wasn't a major change in diet for me but those three things sure did have a good result.

SarahRose

I just started walking with a friend. We have this rec center nearby with a free walking track (8 laps = 1 mile) and we've been doing well so far! We get in about 10 miles a week. I've also started to try to cut out the junk food. I haven't drunk regular soda for years and years and years.

franniee

HI SarahRose -

I've been struggling lately with my weight as well - there is a wonderful book by Dr. Mehmet OZ - YOU on a diet! he is great - he is on Oprah a lot but he also did my mother-in-law's bypass surgery - he is a character, Brilliant.

bottom line is cut out all white and processed foods.... only buy whole wheat - read the labels - make sure nothing says enriched - etc.... no sugar, nothing refined - once you do that it will be easier for you....of course WALK WALK and more WALKING - he wants a minimum of 10,000 steps a day, and then he has some exercises to do at home....

:love: